Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Has she only just noticed? Has she never spoken to or seen David Davis on TV?
    May should be the one calling the shots, so asking her about the Brexit affair is the perfect opportunity to hear something not filtered by second tier sources like Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    May should be the one calling the shots, so asking her about the Brexit affair is the perfect opportunity to hear something not filtered by second tier sources like Davis.
    When her cabinet or backbenchers are not telling her what to do, May is calling the shots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Can't say I blame her. We as a people don't know what we want. How do you represent that?
    First comment got it right. If the citizens of the UK don't know what they want, how can the government?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's obvious to any thinking person what the UK government wants from Brexit. They want all the benefits of EU membership and none of the responsibilities.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by lockon111 View Post
    Go away you germans -_- ......your weaker than the uk, we dont need your orders!!!!
    Clearly stronger when it comes to grammar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockon111 View Post
    Go away you germans -_- ......your weaker than the uk, we dont need your orders!!!!
    Germany is not trying to "order" the UK around, it simply wants to know what the UK wants from Brexit. This wouldn't be such a problem if the UK had a more clearly defined idea about why they want Brexit and what they want out of leaving.

As for being weaker, Germany has the strongest economy in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Cant really blame May. Brexit was supposed to be a PR stunt to look attractive to the UKIP voters. No one in the goverment had any sort of plan what to do, if the britains vote leave.
    They have had a year and a half to come up with something, though.

Like a car crash in slowmotion.

Deleted
    Ar you really putting all the blame on the British PM?
    She's the only one that was at least willing to try to steer the UK though this mess. No one else wants to, especially not those responsible for the Brexit in the first place.

I hope you guys can get a decent way out, but it seems the UK economy will be hurt bad in every scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nah, she was busy watching her city burn, being raped and preparing for her rapist's wife to have her killed.

Again, let's not blame May for taking on a situation she did not cause and was personally against. Noone else wanted to lead this mess so she came forward. The alternative would be what, BoJo?.
    He immideately got the hell out of dodge after the referendum so he obviousy didn't want the responsibility for Brexit negotiations.
    Him and Camaron couldn't let go of their schoolyard rivaly, tried to play chicken, and Brexit is the result none of them were prepared to face.
    @marsark: No, what the British politicans want is a way to get out of this that has their electorate blaming the EU for everything.

She's just telling it as it is. One would think alt-righters supporting Brexit would have loved that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

This is really uncharacteristic of Merkel. She can laugh with the UK in private . . .
    This is actually great for Brexit supporters, it helps their narrative of evil EU led by Germans.
    It is.
    Someone have a lin of a video of this blunder by Merkel?
    I want to check the original to make sure this is not some form of misrepresentation of what really happened helped along by the language barrier.
    Wouldn't be the first time the English report about speeches in German was deliberately slightly off to create more of a story out of something.

Edit: I still cannot seem to find any proof of this actually happening the way it is reported here.
    All there is is heresay by British new sources, and the whole thing seems terribly out of character for Merkel.
    I'm sure she probably expressed her frustration about May's lack of anything substantial, but I do not think there was actually any "ridicule".

All there seems to be to this "story" anywhere it is even being mentioned is reports of heresay without source.
    It is all "she is said tohave said" with no mention of any name of anyone who claims to have heard it personally.

Do any of you have a reliable source that this actually happened?
    Last edited by Noradin; 2018-01-30 at 09:24 AM.

This is really uncharacteristic of Merkel. She can laugh with the UK in private . . .
    This is actually great for Brexit supporters, it helps their narrative of evil EU led by Germans.
    Yes, I'm curious to know how much of this story is accurate truth and how much is exaggeration.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Do any of you have a reliable source that this actually happened?
    I'm inclined to start doubting this story... I see nothing about it anywhere but British tabloids.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    She's just telling it as it is. One would think alt-righters supporting Brexit would have loved that.
    You should have noticed by now that its more like this.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ng-brexit-plan

the story of Merkel vs May may not be true word by word, but the scenario happened this way or another between May and EU officials.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2018-01-30 at 04:22 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh we are not disputing that this is happening every day, but the idea that Merkel called the journalists to have a collective laugh at May is straining belief
    naah, Merkel is professional and would not talk to journalists about. this part is nonsense.

Is screaming "make me an offer" at bemused people one of the strategies from Art of the Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Maybot is malfunctioning, luckily she is surrounded by tools so they can help fix her.
    Engage the "running through fields of wheat" protocol. Should initiate a complete system reset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drongo44 View Post
    Angela Merkel is probably one of the worst politicians in the last 200 years.
    In fairness, "worst politician" is like saying someone is terrible at being terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Why would Merkel talk about Brexit negotiations? Not her job... It's about EU and UK. I guess just some fake bait article?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Why would Merkel talk about Brexit negotiations? Not her job... It's about EU and UK. I guess just some fake bait article?
    According to the article it came up in Davos. I mean it's the Daily Mail, but nothing about it sounds implausible to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It isn't that May doesn't know what she wants. It that she daren't spell out what she wants, because the minute she does that she alienates half her party and has no mandate in the commons to support it. If it looks softish, the rabid Brexiteers will jump all over it and trigger a challenge for the leadership. If it looks hard, the pro-EU members in her own party would join Labour in opposing it, and she would lose any and every vote.

This can't go on, of course. But May is delaying the point where the situation explodes as much as she possibly can. Does she think she can delay it to the point where nobody can stop it because there isn't time? Wouldn't that result in a "no-deal" Brexit that appears to be the worst possible outcome?

I honestly don't know what she thinks the end-game looks like. But I can't imagine any scenario where it isn't a gigantic mess.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.