Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valrok View Post
    The models and everything are already in the game, if you use an Orb of Deception as a pandaren you turn into a void elf (and nightborne depending on faction).

Looks like all that needs to be done is turning them on
    My pandaren turns into a tauren when using OoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
    No but Demon Hunters were.

Demon Hunters went available in the patch their Data came in, after a short wait.

Data for the first four allied races is in 7.3.5, which is also pretty much half of the pre-patch, by patch standards.

Why would you compare to the release of WotLK 9 years ago and not Legion two years ago ?
    because the person I replied to said dks were released 2-3 weeks early and that was wrong?

I doubt it , and even they did, they better offer a 110 free boost with pre-order because most people I know are waiting for that
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Sadly i only like Zandalari...i guess i need to wait a bit longer in any case XD
    Yeah, they will come in the Pre-Patch of BFA.

You save the daughter of the Zandalari King from Stormwind Stockades and return her to the Zandalari Empire, therefore you are granted access to their city.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    because the person I replied to said dks were released 2-3 weeks early and that was wrong?
    I heh... I missed that. Sorry

Deleted
    Come on.

Wrath of the Lich King: Death Knights available at launch.
    Mist of Pandaria: Pandaren available at launch.
    Battle for Azeroth: Allied races... you guessed it! available at launch.

They are expansion content. NOT pre-order content. People could just pre-order, unlock the races and then demand a refund. If Blizzard doesn't comply people could always sue them.

It's business.

Quote Originally Posted by Indless View Post
    Lets hope peeps, so bored with the game
    If you're bored with the game, playing the same old content with a new character model isn't going to keep you playing for long.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Come on.

They are expansion content. NOT pre-order content. People could just pre-order, unlock the races and then demand a refund. If Blizzard doesn't comply people could always sue them.

It's business.
    Well, Zandalari and Iron Dwarves will come out in the pre-patch for those who pre-ordered.
    The reason why they finished the other 4 races now, is because it is launching very, very soon (Tuesday at the Pre-order release).

Come on.

It's business.
    Blizzard would just lock the allied races on your account if you got a refund, or lock any allied race character you are playing.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    Well, Zandalari and Iron Dwarves will come out in the pre-patch for those who pre-ordered.
    The reason why they finished the other 4 races now, is because it is launching very, very soon (Tuesday at the Pre-order release).
    Wrong, Zandalari and Dark Iron most likely require actual Kul'tiras/Zandalar questlines located over there.

Even more allies await in unexplored lands. As heroes of the Alliance adventure through Kul Tiras, they’ll have a chance to recruit the Dark Iron Dwarves. In Zandalar, champions of the Horde can convince the Zandalari Trolls to join them.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ba...s/allied-races

People answering with absolute certainty to either yes or no, are guessing.

I HOPE that they'll be available as a part of the pre-order bonus, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're timegated. Blizzard loooooooooooove their timegating as of Legion.

People's excitement for these speaks volumes about the game (positive). Considering they don't offer any gameplay advantage or mechanical novelty at all - they're all fantasy/lore - it means people are that attached to the "world" of warcraft.

It wouldn't surprise me to get them in the next week or so.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    %90 sure they will be available with pre-order , there's no reason to add them in this patch if they are not going to be playable + world changes regarding allied races like monk trainers in HM

- - - Updated - - -

Come on.

It's business.
    Because leveling from 1 to 110 at start of bfa is a good idea /s
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Prolly not.I just logged out and downloaded 100 mb patch.Most likely just hotfix

High chance we'll get some of them, due to it tying in with the living changes

Come on.

It's business.
    That's not how it works. If you demand a refund then you typically lose access to the thing you purchased. Blizzard games have worked like this in the past, where removing the toggle for certain content from your account makes it unavailable even if you had access to it for a while beforehand.

Smart business would be to push preorders and player retention during the dry end-of-expansion period, as we've seen 7.3.5 doing with the leveling changes and the upcoming BG. It would be really, really weird (not to mention something of a waste of time and effort) to patch in all of the content for the first four allied races only to leave them inaccessible till the expansion launched, potentially multiple patches later.

All signs point to them becoming available soon. I don't know whether it'll be tomorrow, but allied races wouldn't be in the 7.3.5 files if the devs didn't plan on activating them at some point during the lifecycle of this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Raziella View Post
    They have to be dropping in this expansion, because needing grindy exalted rep from the previous expansion to unlock new expansion content would be heinously stupid, even for Blizzard.

It also would explain why they jacked up the amount of time it takes to level, another thing that doesn't make too much sense on its own.
    You just blew my mind.

I think you're right. It might not be tomorrow, but it will probably be sooner than many seem to think.
    Last edited by Thenatural; 2018-01-30 at 12:33 AM.

I'll never say never, but I'd be crazy surprised if they did. Allied races won't be dropped in without notice, there will be fanfare to entice lapsed subs to come back/preorder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on.

It's business.
    Funny how you skipped Legion with Demon Hunters avaiable BEFORE launch and....you guessed! They were legion content and you had to pre-order to be able to make it

I highly doubt it, I see them being released in the pre patch prior to the expansion much like the DH.