Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I think there is a reason if you don't have full Viper set.
    A full zerker mirage is still better than a full zerker mesmer. The abilities weapons get in place of dodge roll are really strong and I doubt any of the original trait lines outweighs mirages.

I haven't read this whole thread, but the elite specs actually hold me back from enjoying the game as much as I feel like I should be. The grind, especially HoT which I really dislike, gating me from playing the spec I like is pretty lame imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I think there is a reason if you don't have full Viper set.
    Incorrect. Viper is the most optimal but it's not the only condition damage gear. You forget viper didn't exist until HoT and conditions were a thing since the start of gw2. There's also non condition mirage but condition mirage is just better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I haven't read this whole thread, but the elite specs actually hold me back from enjoying the game as much as I feel like I should be. The grind, especially HoT which I really dislike, gating me from playing the spec I like is pretty lame imo.
    If you like the spec then the grind shouldn't effect you. You play what you like and over time you'll enjoy it more and more. Besides this "grind" is so over flatted. It's not as drastic as people make it out to be especially when there's MORE hero points available than there is to spend.... there really isn't even a grind, it doesn't take more than what an hour to go collect enough hero points?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Yea levels in this game are extremely pointless. Only there for an artificial sense of growth and content gating. In alpha it was discussed actually removing them but the game was far too along for such a change
    I want to explore the game though, and if I am level 80 I won't go out exploring in my pursuit of leveling to 80. I have to explore and do things to get to 80 but if I am max and scaled down I won't be like, "Well I need the next 2 levels to get to 35 and get to the next zone so I better go over there and do that heart meter, and I need to go over there and do that event."

I think in terms of keeping me engaged long term I would be better off slogging through the game the first time to truly experience it and then spend the 2 boosts I have on alts.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I want to explore the game though, and if I am level 80 I won't go out exploring in my pursuit of leveling to 80. I have to explore and do things to get to 80 but if I am max and scaled down I won't be like, "Well I need the next 2 levels to get to 35 and get to the next zone so I better go over there and do that heart meter, and I need to go over there and do that event."

I think in terms of keeping me engaged long term I would be better off slogging through the game the first time to truly experience it and then spend the 2 boosts I have on alts.
    Nah. It's something people have to overcome when getting into gw2 over other mmos. If you treat gw2 like wow you're just gonna be bored once you hit 80. Every piece of content is relevant in this game and rewards you appropriately. You need to enjoy the experience not the levels. Explore interact take it in, look for hidden secrets PvP etc. Don't focus on your level just the game in front of you.

It'll click eventually once you get passed treating it like a normal mmo

holy

mother

fucking

shit

is my response

- - - Updated - - -

The mesmer changes are solid. I've been complaining about the phantasm playstyle since beta, better late than never I guess. The alacrity changes though.... not good. All this is going to do is funnel chronomancer into the signet of inspiration build even further.

- - - Updated - - -

oh my god the phantasm change is going to make mirage absolutely insane. The fucking clone uptime will be un-real and you don't have to sacrifice dps to summon a phantasm.

I love how the first response is "no more summoning three duelists and then auto attacking". Yeah, now you can just do like everyone else and just auto attack from the start...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I love how the first response is "no more summoning three duelists and then auto attacking". Yeah, now you can just do like everyone else and just auto attack from the start...
    First they came for guardian lootsticks, then they came for mesmer duelist, whats next? Ranger pets D:

Resident Cosplay Progressive