Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I was in an LFR not more than two weeks ago where even with the top 3 DPS being over 1.5 million DPS, the bottom 15 being between 200k and 800k dragged the entire group down so much that we couldn't beat enrage, even 4 Determination stacks in.

I'm not inflating our importance. LFR is actually that bad. This occurance happens more often than not. Now take away those top 3 DPS - We wouldn't even beat enrage before we reached phase 3.

The problem with your pie chart example is that it's not one player vs. the entire raid. 25 people from the pool have to be selected every time, and even just two or three heroic raiders can blow through the LFR content as long as the rest of the group is average. Two or three mythic raiders can blow through the content even if the rest of the group is below-average. Two or three normal raiders would need a generally-above-average LFR group to be able to clear the content, but the problem is, a very large majority of your 50% are people who aren't able to play their class at even a remotely average level - Whether they refuse to or just can't is unbeknownst to me.
    So your evidence is that two weeks ago you were in an LFR where some people were bad? Well, if that's all we need to make an argument now I was in a heroic pug where all the other DPS were abysmally bad and we wiped a lot before the group disbanded, therefore most heroic raiders are garbage as well and raiding should just be scrapped aside from Mythic. You seem to be under the impression that only you, and not Blizzard, has any idea about tuning. They know what the average LFR player is capable and balance around it. That you got a bad group is irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drsephuz7 View Post
    I see the common answer is : doesnt matter anymore expansion is over but if this is the reason.... wouldnt it be irrelevant it harder content actually gives more because its over anyhow?

Actually having difficult content give more would be a good motivation to get more people into harder content to catch up even faster (last content gets outscaled very easily so this is a good time for newcomers to raiding.)
    Its always easier to do something if theres a bigger reward dont you think so?
    Again, if better gear in general doesn't get people into harder content, which it doesn't, then why would a legendary catch-up?

Deleted
    Why give Mythic so much if so little of the playerbase even touches it, AND they don't need it? It's just a waste. You're giving the people who need it most the least, and those who need it less more.

Again: Giving more AP is a much better solution.
    Who says mythic players dont need it? Maybe they want to get tokens faster aswell to play their alts?
    Different people different reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    So your evidence is that two weeks ago you were in an LFR where some people were bad? Well, if that's all we need to make an argument now I was in a heroic pug where all the other DPS were abysmally bad and we wiped a lot before the group disbanded, therefore most heroic raiders are garbage as well and raiding should just be scrapped aside from Mythic. You seem to be under the impression that only you, and not Blizzard, has any idea about tuning. They know what the average LFR player is capable and balance around it. That you got a bad group is irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, if better gear in general doesn't get people into harder content, which it doesn't, then why would a legendary catch-up?
    Im not saying it would 100% but it would be another reason to potentially do it.
    Still dont see a reason why harder content shouldnt be rewarded more?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    If this was any time other than right now at the end of the expansion I'd say yes but at this point who gives a shit really.
    This is pretty much how I feel.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who says mythic players dont need it? Maybe they want to get tokens faster aswell to play their alts?
    Different people different reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Im not saying it would 100% but it would be another reason to potentially do it.
    Still dont see a reason why harder content shouldnt be rewarded more?
    Still don't see a reason why hard content SHOULD reward more. Lets reward those of us that already have all our legendaries for months now? lol.

Honestly, the initial rate was fine, i got what i needed in under 2 weeks. And other than gold ( for BFA collectors) i don't give a s**t.

Realistically, the only way to make everyone happy is to lock each character to one lockout a week. It used to be this way in Wrath - You either did Heroic, or you did Normal. The bosses you didn't complete on Heroic could be completed on normal if you were in the same group as before. (The later restriction would not be an issue in this day and age.)?
    This was ONLY for ICC - before ICC (not sure about TOTC - maybe that too) you could do both 10 man (Normal) and 25 man (Heroic) both in the same week. In fact it was mainly due to the fact people were complaining about burn out from that, that prompted them to lock a boss to once a week. I remember doing Naxx 10 and 25 every week on multiple characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Still don't see a reason why hard content SHOULD reward more. Lets reward those of us that already have all our legendaries for months now? lol.
    As pointed out earlier,some people want tokens.
    Im not saying it should reward more 100% but theres not really a reason against it so why not?
    Want more do more.

Yes, however it's not so simple.

If you make the essences (or whatever future currency) lootable on one difficulty per lockout, then you're forced to do the hardest difficulty first, which isn't always what people want to do. If you don't make it one difficulty per lockout, you're "forced" to do all of them even when you don't otherwise need them.

The only solution I can think of really is make it like the m+ Illidan soul quest where you can get, e.g. 10 per week total, but doing mythic will get you all 10 in one lockout, and LFR would get you 2 (random number examples).
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2018-01-30 at 12:37 AM.

I see the common answer is : doesnt matter anymore expansion is over but if this is the reason.... wouldnt it be irrelevant it harder content actually gives more because its over anyhow?

Actually having difficult content give more would be a good motivation to get more people into harder content to catch up even faster (last content gets outscaled very easily so this is a good time for newcomers to raiding.)
    Its always easier to do something if theres a bigger reward dont you think so?
    Not really.

Giving more things for higher difficulty activities also makes people who have no interest in it feel obligated to do it, then they hate it and then they probably just quit playing altogether.

For example you could make it so even killing one mythic boss in Antorus a week gave you enough essence to buy a lego token and I still wouldn't do it because mythic raiding is fucking cancer and I don't enjoy it. It's not magically gonna get me to go "gosh gee maybe it's not so bad after all now that I get free oranges from it every week nevermind the fact five months ago it almost caused me to quit the game entirely!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    The problem is blizzard doesn't do a good job at teaching people what their rotation is and why that is.
    IMO gold proving grounds for the role you are trying to play for LFR, bronze for heroic dungeons.
    the tutorial is sufficient for Bronze, (than the player could develop further in heros) but LFR would be dead anyways.
    btw remember the shitstorm in WoD due the proving grounds requirement for hc dungeons?

As pointed out earlier,some people want tokens.
    Blizzard deliberately made these tokens random to discourage "farming on main to get stuff on alt". This isn't what they wanted. For what reason, who knows. But the intended way to get legendary on your freshly dinged alt is to knock LFR out on that alt and not farm essences on your main. If they wanted farming stuff on your main to be a more efficient way, instead of upping essences from mythic they would let you choose the class for the token so you don't end up with useless ones.

Mythic raiders usually have multiple alts that they rotate depending on what the guild needs. Giving more essences per mythic kill would absolutely make sense. Nothing too big, but there should still be a difference.

Asking for more essences for harder content, in a game that put tier sets in LFR

YIKES
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Sure! As long as we define "difficult" as whatever level I'm at.

Seriously, I agree with those who are saying this is end-of-expansion clearance sale. All legendaries must go.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

No, because people doing the highest end content have what they need already. It'd be redundant.

Realistically, the only way to make everyone happy is to lock each character to one lockout a week. It used to be this way in Wrath - You either did Heroic, or you did Normal. The bosses you didn't complete on Heroic could be completed on normal if you were in the same group as before. (The later restriction would not be an issue in this day and age.)

And yes, that includes LFR, even though that would literally be the death of LFR as we know it. There'd be plenty of players doing LFR - But the question is, without normal, heroic, and mythic raiders, could LFR heroes on their own manage to finish content?
    Not on our alts.

On topic: Yes, of course harder content should be more rewarding that the easy parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Normal is actually easier in my experience, since people pay more attention and are less worried about linking their mythic achievements in raid chat (and seriously, if you're downing mythic content ON THAT TOON, why are you in LFR anyways?).
    I like getting transmog collections. I don't link achieves though, I just silently do my own thing and sometimes another member comments on my throughput being higher than average. If people are linking achieves for a higher difficulty, unless something is fundamentally going wrong, ask the person who hurt them so bad that they have a complex.

On topic, keep the rewards even. This content will be here for a while, and anyone who wants all the legendaries on all of their alts will get them if they have some semblance of persistence. My hunter hit max level a couple of days ago and already has 500 of the things, and thats without touching RBGs or a weekly m+ cache. Why anyone feels this isn't fast enough is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaha View Post
    generally by end game content you have all the legendarys you need/things upgraded so offering more points the higher up difficulty wise would be kinda pointless.
    Well it isn't at all useless for people at that content, because once you have all legos, it gives you tokens for a random class. Which is pretty highly desired for a lot of players with even just a few alts.

In general yes, at this point with the expo coming to a close I'm fine with it how it is. I'd be ok with them speeding it up at bit tbh

Deleted
    While this is true for mythic most of the playerbase have and never will touch mythic.
    But if you want to go for normal raiding then the gap to go for heroic isnt as big - so more motivation to do so could help getting more people into it (same argument for lfr vs normal when it comes to essences.)

Let lfr give 15 per boss, normal 20-22, heroic 27-29 and mythic >30 (people doing mythic most likely will not care about the smaller gap between heroic and mythic but quite a big gap between lfr and rest would be quite the motivation,numbers are completely random just to give an example.)
    So you are doing harder content for the rewards not the challenge?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick and simple Question to see how people think about it nowadays.

Do you think for example heroic antorus should reward slightly more wakening essences than normal to motivate more people into more "difficult" raiding?
    Nah, not really.

It is just a catch up mechanic, shouldn't really change much from all the others.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..