Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    The first mention of the pillars at all was during the Kaldorei era when the Night Elves of Suramar discovered all sorts of relics, including the Pillars. There's no clear indicator that they're called the Tears of Elune, or that the Nightborne just named it that at the time based on their current knowledge.
    What about the planet named Elunaria where Eonar hid when Sargeras was searching for her surely there is no connection at all right?

trolls were in azeroth long before any one

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeKillem View Post
    What about the planet named Elunaria where Eonar hid when Sargeras was searching for her surely there is no connection at all right?
    The Pillars were created before Eonar had to go into hiding (reminder we're all in speculative territory at best). My guess is that this is one of those instances where historically Eonar is confused with Elune, but the Night Elves went with Elune since that was the household name.

As for Elunaria, without further context it's just a name. "Elunarian" is a type of cloth gear that was around back in classic WoW, so we can come to all sorts of conclusions based on that, too.

All other races than night elf have produced the grand total of 1 Archdruid. Hamuul is decent enough but he is still far from top tier in the art. Fandral did beat him easily. Someone like Malfurion has the level of understanding of the art that all the fluff about worshiping Loa or Wild gods does not have any bearing on him whatsoever.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2018-01-30 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by naabu View Post
    To the point of the allied races being extensions of the "core" races, you're all right. But you're missing the point.
    When the Highmountain and Zandalari join the Horde, their druids will join the Horde druids in Moonglade, Val'Sharah, and any other neutral druid stronghold.
    These new druids were never part of the collective before, and thus the overall population will swell exclusively for the Horde.

Both in lore and in game, the Horde is going to double the number of druids on Azeroth.

Rather than bickering about who was the original druid, (Cenarius taught Yaungol druidism, Gilnaens developed it on their own, ect) lets discuss future implications?
    well, i would think druidism could either drive people further apart or bring people together(it's like religions irl, trolls might say "fuck cenarius, praise shirvallah", that kind of thing).

but i don't think the cenarion circle will look too kindly on accepting horde druids after teldrassil. teldrassil might just drive the circle apart for a very long time. i'm interested as to what hamuul runetotem will have to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    All other races than night elf have produced the grand total of 1 Archdruid. Hamuul is decent enough but he is still far from top tier in the art. Fandral did beat him easily.
    eh, it wasn't even fandral. it was some chick fandral was fucking.

he's not that strong i guess.

eh, it wasn't even fandral. it was some chick fandral was fucking.

he's not that strong i guess.
    I mean in Stormrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I mean in Stormrage.
    ah. well, i'm not surprised about that. fandral was multiple thousands of years older than him.

druidism seems like something that would benefit from a long lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    The Pillars were created before Eonar had to go into hiding (reminder we're all in speculative territory at best). My guess is that this is one of those instances where historically Eonar is confused with Elune, but the Night Elves went with Elune since that was the household name.

As for Elunaria, without further context it's just a name. "Elunarian" is a type of cloth gear that was around back in classic WoW, so we can come to all sorts of conclusions based on that, too.
    I get it you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

the fuck is this thread even

Quote Originally Posted by DeKillem View Post
    It's one of Khadgar's theories so it's not 100%.
    It was the in-game realization(I would even go so far as saying "confirmation" considering it is so blatant) of a popular fan theory from as far back as 2010. There was a really good write up in like 2010/2011 about it on some fan site that laid out all the in game lore and clues that Elune was a Naaru. Although going forward I think it's more likely that Elune is the embodiment of the Light and created the Naaru and will be the balance to the embodiment of the Void when we finally delve into a Light vs. Void expansion instead of just a random Naaru.

Edit:

It was from 2010. And is pretty long.

https://www.engadget.com/2010/05/01/...ne-is-a-naaru/
    Last edited by nnelson54; 2018-01-30 at 02:51 AM.

I’d imagine at later dates new Alliance Allied Races could/will have Druid options and Horde ones will not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasandriel View Post
    Considering the fact that Malfurion is mentioned as "the First Druid" on Blizzard's official web page, and bearing in mind that no item ingame that makes a reference to Malorne or Elune has the horde naming on them, I'd say Night Elves are still the go-to race when asked what the basis of druidism is.
    Sargeras is also mentioned as a demon, which he isn't..

Tauren and Trolls practiced Druidism before elves even existed..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    trolls been doing shit since before night elves were a thing.

since before dark trolls, which became night elves, were a thing.
    Something something Emerald Dream something something Eonar something something Azeroth absorbing spirit energy.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Trolls and Taurens were practising druidism thousands of years before Malfurion. In typical elf fashion, he decided he was the first and then promptly blamed Illidan for everything wrong with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Sargeras is also mentioned as a demon, which he isn't..

Tauren and Trolls practiced Druidism before elves even existed..
    Iz cute, because they couldn't have until the Titans got there and made the Emerald Dream. Infact, Tauren are literally made of that dream.

And unless they are making Zandalari druids predate dark troll/night elf druids, (something I doubt, but it's blizzard) Night Elves are still the home of druidism.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

What does elune have to do with druids? AFAIK she wasn't a druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naabu View Post
    Alliance Druid Races: Night Elves and Worgen. No allied races.
    Horde Druid Races: Highmountain Tauren, Tauren, Trolls, and Zandalari Trolls.

What do you think this will mean for the future of Druidism? Nothing? Civil war?
    At the very least, Moonglade is gonna get a one-sided population bust.
    Blizzard doesn't count Highmountain or Zandalari in their sheets, hence they don't balance the race/class ratio, they've explained that after a lot of complaints about it. Then again, they'll likely have more paladins.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Iz cute, because they couldn't have until the Titans got there and made the Emerald Dream. Infact, Tauren are literally made of that dream.

And unless they are making Zandalari druids predate dark troll/night elf druids, (something I doubt, but it's blizzard) Night Elves are still the home of druidism.
    Tauren and Trolls pre-date elves, not the titans. Though originally it was said that trolls and tauren DID pre-date them, I dont think thats the case anymore.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

On a related note: Horde is also the true Home of Demonhunters! It's true! In WC3 100% of Demonhunters were Nightelves! Now almost 50% of Demonhunter NPCs are Blood Elves! EAT THIS, ILLIDAN!

In fact, i heard claimes that the first Demonhunter ever was in fact the Blood Elf "Pinkydan". He travelled back in time at some point, created the Pantheon and forced Sargeras to create the Burning Legion, just so he could live his dream!

Trolls are the oldest race, therefore, they would know the most about druidism.