Gakuen Babysitters
    Mitsuboshi Colors

Barely Passable
    Darling in the FranXX
    Toji no Miko

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    death march - I really like this generic trash
    Pochi and Tama <3
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2018-01-28 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I normally watch a good number of the anime each season, but I’m having trouble finding ones I’m really enjoying ( at least in comparison ). So far, my list looks like this:
    Violet Evergarden: first episode didn’t grab me but the rest has pulled me in. I’d like as I believe SJ said for pacing to pick up, but I’m enjoying it so far.
    Overlord: This side story has been ok. Mostly watching it since I usually like Isekai. Going with 7/10 so far.
    Citrus: Enjoying it but holy hell, it’s a tad rapey. 4 for 4...
    Darling: For me, this is actually probably the one that brought me in the most. Wasn’t the biggest fan of first episode but I did get more invested after 2 and 3. Innuendo is high in this one.
    Death March: I want to really like this one - it’s good so far, but I have a feeling part of that is me wanting to think that. Some parts are just too fast like his activation of his abilities / skills so it makes it hard to get the most out of it. I have the LN that I picked up months ago so I’ll probably read it after this is done to see what I missed.
    Takagi-san: my favorite so far, loving this. Cute girl tortures boy, can’t ask for more.
    Grancrest Senki: going to drop; just too generic for me.
    Kokkoku: First episode was very interesting and I guess it’s kept up since then. I need to sit down and focus on the next to increase its draw for me. I’ll watch it through though.
    Dagashi: It has the same characters but it feels more empty than S1. Still enjoy it but definitely not as much.
    Yuru Camp: I wanted to like this since everyone else is enjoying it, just too slow for me and I didn’t get the comfy feeling I got from shows like Flying Witch. May try again later.
    Antarctica: it’s ok. I’m still watching this one but it’s mostly background noise at this time.

Question: does anyone know why Seven Deadly Sins wasn’t picked up by anyone? Guessing Netflix but normally we see that they have the rights but will release later.

Season so far:

Amazing:
    Yuru Camp
    Antarctica

Great:
    Violet Evergarden

Good:
    Darling in the Franxx

Decent:
    Slow start

Trash that I'll keep watching:
    Grancrest Senki
    Death March

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Pochi and Tama <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally watched all the episode 1's with bae other than Fate which will be good no matter what.

Amazing/In-Love-With
    Sora yori mo Tooi Basho (10/10)
    Violet Evergarden (9/10)

Great

Hakumei to Mikochi (8.5/10)
    Darling in the Franxx (8/10)
    Citrus (8/10)
    Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san (8/10)
    Yuru Camp (8/10)
    Koi wa Ameagari no You ni (7.5/10)

Good
    Death March (7/10)
    Kokkoku (7/10)
    Mitsuboshi Colors (7/10)

Watchable (May be good/great later?)
    Grancrest Senki (6/10)
    Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens (6/10)
    Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san (5/10)
    Overlord II (5/10)
    Beatless (5/10)
    Ryuuou no Oshigoto! (5/10)
    Pop Team Epic (4/10)
    Ito Junji: Collection (4/10)
    Slow Start (4/10)
    Marchen Madchen (4/10)

Lots of watchable's on my list that I'm more interested to see how it goes in the first 3 or so episodes before I bump them up or drop them. Hakata gives me some good DRRR vibes, so if it gets to be like that it could really increase. Same with Grancrest Senki on being a good fantasy show.

Most of these I've only seen episode 1's of though, so it's based on that. Only caught up on Antarctica, Violet Evergarden, and Darling in the Franxx. Two episodes into Overlord, but from what I hear it's probably going to stay where it is.

ReLife 216 - Why Hishiro?! Why did you have to be so careless! I really hope the phone ties trigger a memory of each other, or they both select to work at the same place. With Yoake's little smirk maybe Kaizaki chose to do something related to ReLife? The suspense is killing me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. Due to some of these being dubs, I've also only watched the first episode of a few. But, I guess I'll do this, despite it feeling pretty early. First time I've been this deep into an anime season (thank you slice of life gods):

Great

Yuru Camp
    A Place Further than the Universe
    Mitsuboshi Colors

Solid for now

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san

Better than I expected

Citrus
    Katana Maidens

Ok, not great. We will not blow up your planet, but we will also not share our secret of immortality

Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-San

Slow Start

Not actually Slow Start

Hot bag of meme garbage

Pop Team Epic
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2018-01-29 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuseishu View Post
    ReLife 216 - Why Hishiro?! Why did you have to be so careless! I really hope the phone ties trigger a memory of each other, or they both select to work at the same place. With Yoake's little smirk maybe Kaizaki chose to do something related to ReLife? The suspense is killing me.
    Yeah that hurt. This comic is going to kill me.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks @UnifiedDivide !

I started Koi wa Ameagari (sp?) - really love this one actually. The one thing I am impressed with on the Amazon front is they have picked up some amazing anime over the last year.

Ameagari is a pretty solid adaptation. I hope it gets a second season if it keeps up the quality. It's my #2 after Citrus. Still can't believe that one is as good as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It's useless now!

I think we can blame Freeza for his decision. Attacking him from behind while he's engaged in a beam struggle just knocked the JUSTICE right out of him. Pretty sure he should have been instantly disqualified, though, since he used the literal power of destruction to kill Freeza. Shame the rules don't apply very much if the Zeno find it cool lol

Oh well, 6 episodes left.

db super 125 but freezy pop is still alive.

I am curious if they're going to start DB back up after awhile.

Deleted
    Well hello once again anime chat thread.

Haven't visited for years :-)

Here's a golden oldie:

Yuru Camp is the comfiest show since Flying Witch. OP isn't nearly as good though. Kiwi-nee-san needs more screen time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Yuru Camp is the comfiest show since Flying Witch. OP isn't nearly as good though.
    I had to look up the Flying Witch OP to remember what it was, but I kind of agree. Yuru Camp's OP is catchy as hell, but just doesn't...fit. The ending, however, fits perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I had to look up the Flying Witch OP to remember what it was, but I kind of agree. Yuru Camp's OP is catchy as hell, but just doesn't...fit. The ending, however, fits perfectly.
    Yeah that ED is perfect. Definitely my favorite of the season.

Speaking of OPs I finally figured out what Citrus OP reminds me of: the OPs from Hanasaku Iroha

- - - Updated - - -

We should do another round of voting for the op list of show suggestions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never even looked at the OP. I like seeing "Is this a Zombie?" on there though. Good tastes.

I never even looked at the OP. I like seeing "Is this a Zombie?" on there though. Good tastes.

nekopara ova 10/10 -1 for no h. also needed more nyaas. really irked me though that in the first ~1-2 minutes they show them picking up chocola and vanilla 2x and it's different both times.

Forgot to watch Antarctica, probably the best first episode I've watched in a long time.

>she's sporting ZR
    Automatic best girl contender

Yeah it's definitely a good starting list but a lot of them are things that people would already know to check out. We should probably add some "if you like this, try x, y, and z " lists. Maybe do some suggestions by genre, and a list of "you probably have the wrong idea about this show, but here's why you should watch it." I'd like to add some manga suggestions too.

I could run another survey and see if Tsunhog would update but I've got little time to sit at my computer between work and baby.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/mdMwQ5nl.png[IMG]
    Mai daaringu~

- - - Updated - - -
    @Artorius dump some thigh pics mang

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Yeah it's definitely a good starting list but a lot of them are things that people would already know to check out. We should probably add some "if you like this, try x, y, and z " lists. Maybe do some suggestions by genre, and a list of "you probably have the wrong idea about this show, but here's why you should watch it." I'd like to add some manga suggestions too.

I could run another survey and see if Tsunhog would update but I've got little time to sit at my computer between work and baby.
    I like the idea but didn't shadow say he can't log in anymore for whatever reason or something?
    We could always just try to force him to do it.