Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Because 4/6 are already complete and in the game as we speak. Questlines, models, everything.

It's almost a given that they will be gated behind BfA preorders. The question and currently theory is that those preorders will start tomorrow.
    I'm betting on it being behind a pre-order too, but just like DHs, I think it'll come with the pre-patch at the earliest. Minor patches won't allow us to play the feature of an expansion, though.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    No there isn't...

You guys really think they're going to "remove" content from the next expack to give it to you guys earlier, so you all can bitch about BFA not having "enough" content to be considered a full expack, just cause ya'll are bored?

Nice try but, noooope!
    and you really think they send you to old content in a new feature?

Little checklist:

- You can boost allied races. A boost comes with the pre-order. Would be a smart business move to make people buy it.
    - The first 4 were added in this little patch, why?
    - Would they really send you back to legion content in BfA?
    - 2+2 = 4-1 thats 3 quick maffs.

No there isn't...

You guys really think they're going to "remove" content from the next expack to give it to you guys earlier, so you all can bitch about BFA not having "enough" content to be considered a full expack, just cause ya'll are bored?

Nice try but, noooope!
    Well you're gonna look silly in the future, more so than you do already since I'm really not the person to refer to in regards to bitching about lack of content.

But no need in prolonging this as you seem like someone you can't reason with, so to quote a silly person:

Nice try but, noooope!

Tuesday? Hard to say. It's possible, but it is very early. Absolutely a non-zero chance, though. Personally, I'm confident that we'll get pre-orders tomorrow, and optimistic that we could see the first Allied Races as well, though with much less certainty.

There are plenty of reasons to think that we will see Void Elves, Lightforged, Nightborne, and Highmountain before the 8.0 pre-patch, though. They're in a playable state in the live 7.3.5 patch right now, with character creation finished, racials implemented, achievements active, and strings present that ties them to having purchased BFA. Anyone who wants to play one of the new races for BFA launch will need time to level them 1-110 if they want the Heritage armor, so they need to come out long in advance if Blizzard intends to accommodate those players. They're a selling point of the expansion, and what better way to sell pre-orders than to have them available far in advance?

the release notes of BFA are very clear

Recruit Allied Races
    Explore Azeroth as one of six new playable Allied Races, including four you've encountered in your campaign against the Legion. Embark on a quest to earn their favor and unlock each race, adding their strength to your faction. Create a new character and complete the full leveling experience to earn a distinctive Heritage Armor set.

4 we have encountered against Legion. So we'll get them before BfA.

Oh man, there goes my money for my Tauren becoming a Highmoutain.

It's likely they drop preorder today with 4.2 hitting in XIV. They got spooked when the hype train said late Jan and they pushed 7.3.5 and it made a pitiful splash.

It's fun watching these two compete with one another.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Indless View Post
    Lets hope peeps, so bored with the game
    Because allied races bring anything new to the table in terms of gameplay..?

I don't know about on live servers, wouldn't they have a PTR for them first?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    I don't know about on live servers, wouldn't they have a PTR for them first?
    Unlikely. Premium content is only usually beta tested. Testing of DH etc was limited to beta access, testing of necromancer on D3 was via necromancer beta access. It's unlikely they'll test what are essentially premium races on a PTR, especially when there isn't really anything to test.

Quote Originally Posted by mintilol View Post
    Unlikely. Premium content is only usually beta tested. Testing of DH etc was limited to beta access, testing of necromancer on D3 was via necromancer beta access. It's unlikely they'll test what are essentially premium races on a PTR, especially when there isn't really anything to test.
    The testing would be the starting experiences. I could see them testing it on the beta when that is up though.

No.

They'll likely announce the 4 allied races will be a pre-purchase reward for people, early access and all that, but they won't release until at least March/April. People forget demon hunters were added in the pre-patch but people still had to wait almost 2 months to play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Prolly not.I just logged out and downloaded 100 mb patch.Most likely just hotfix
    It's all in the game already. Everything involved with the Legion allied races were added in 7.3.5. It just needs to be activated, which doesn't even require a server reset.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Why do people keep thinking they'll add races in a minor patch?
    pwned. Why do people like you think not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    yes of 0.00000001%
    pwned. ur bad at math. not that I am better at math tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    There's a chance.
    0% is a chance
    lol, pwned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Citamorf View Post
    No, so stop asking. All we know is that Pre-Orders may start tomorrow due to an Australian retailer putting up Pre-Order posters for BfA a few days ago by accident.
    Again, Allied Races are going to be released like how Death Knights and Demon Hunters were released, two to three weeks prior to the Expansion. And the Expansions release is at least two to three months from now, maybe more.
    you still say no?

10+ Year Old Account
    How early did Blizzard release the new class/races combos that came out before Cataclysm... I assume it might be something like that. I remember rolling a Dwarf Shaman for like way before Cata came out
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-01-30 at 10:22 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No there isn't...

Nice try but, noooope!
    pwned, dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    No.

They'll likely announce the 4 allied races will be a pre-purchase reward for people, early access and all that, but they won't release until at least March/April. People forget demon hunters were added in the pre-patch but people still had to wait almost 2 months to play them.
    you were wrong. how does it feel?

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    I'll never say never, but I'd be crazy surprised if they did. Allied races won't be dropped in without notice, there will be fanfare to entice lapsed subs to come back/preorder.
    I'm glad I didn't say never. Color me surprised.

Nah, not a chance.