Prot Mage Tower Tips?

I have been getting hammered in this challenge, i have done it already on vengeance DH but for whatever reason just getting CHUNKED health wise by his casts. I don't typically play a prot warrior but he is like 932 Ilevel didnt think i would get hammered so hard did my DH at like 910.

10+ Year Old Account
    What legendaries, talent build and consumables are you using?
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Haytur View Post
    I have been getting hammered in this challenge, i have done it already on vengeance DH but for whatever reason just getting CHUNKED health wise by his casts. I don't typically play a prot warrior but he is like 932 Ilevel didnt think i would get hammered so hard did my DH at like 910.
    I still haven't done it with my warrior yet but I have done it with dk,druid and dh. And from those classes DH is absolutely the easiest to do that challenge. Dont expect it to be anywhere as easy as it is with dh.

Some universal tips I can give to you is that use the orbs if you are running low. Watch some videos and see how other people are handling the adds and their health.

The legendary healing bracers help a lot. I don't think you can reflect his casts but you can still get the damage reduction from Spell Reflect. You should be able to heal up from the adds using Victory Rush. Whenever I found the casts in the first phase murdering me harder than I expected it was usually because I'd taken too many stacks of the health reduction debuff.

Legendaries

Rethu's
    Archimondes

Talents

Consumeables
    Str Flask, Potion of War, Drums, Bear Tar Tar, rune

your legendaries are trash but archimonde used wisely can be strong here.
    You need to stun him as often as u can with storm bolt and the orbs to prevent too many casts. kick the drain, use reflect and ignore pain when the casts are going off. use archimonde also.
    If a cast goes off and u have no ignore pain and no damage reduction you will get to <10% life in one shot and it will be hard to recover. never go above 4 - 5 stacks of debuff and as they said, use victory rush as much as you can.
    remember to keep reflect for when kruul arrives as u wil need to reflect his healing spell. phase one is hard but if you do it correctly you should get to phase 2 with 2 infernals max. phase 2 is quite easy but it can be frustrating if you get knocked back by infernals.

So I did it awhile ago, and I was a little lower geared than you. Considering how high you are this is what I can offer to help:

-If it's not already obvious, use DPS trinkets. You will not need extra stamina.
    -You're smart with the Anger Management taken, it'll help with your cooldowns.
    -I would switch to Avatar from Renewed Fury.

I tried forever to take a more balanced approach, keeping my Decay stacks to no more than 4, while keeping myself up with VR/IR uses on eyes. I couldn't keep myself alive. So I took a more brute force approach by taking Avatar. So when you get ready to charge in, pre-pot with your Old War potion, charge him and pop Demo Shout and Avatar and just burst him as much you can up to about 8-9 stacks. You can safely use Shield Wall and Last Stand during this time since Anger Management will refresh both of them by the time you need it on phase 2.

By the time you get that high in stacks, the first healing orb will be up and you can Heroic Leap to it no prob. At this point, I would make sure adds were picked up properly, and when infernals spawn make sure to tag them and try to get a little damage going on them to disable them quicker. Using Shockwave will work wonders when you use it with adds on Variss. Just find that good balance of charging in when he Drains Life, or use an orb to disable him. If done properly, almost every time (or every other time, I can't remember now, I really wish I could repeat the challenge for fun) you charge in to damage him, your Demo Shout should be up.

Phase 1 is the hardest for a warrior, for sure. We have no good self-healing option besides Victory Rush. But Phase 2 is much smoother for you. If you were aggressive in your damage on Variss, you should have no more than 2 infernals for Phase 2. As others have mentioned, Spell Reflection makes this fight WAY easier for warriors. From here, it's a matter of avoiding infernals, green shit, those stupid purple lines. As mentioned before, your Shield Wall and Last Stand will definitely be up by the time the 3rd and 4th Annihilates hit, if you even get there. I think I did 3 Annihilates because I delayed the 2nd one as long as possible with Shockwave and orb.

Hope this helps!

10+ Year Old Account
    I used this as a general guide
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...rn-Yes-you-can

But you can do it at the item level, I did it at that ilvl too, is hard for sure but is all about managing cds at the right time and not panicking.

My only tip is stay calm and realize you are gonna wipe...a lot. Took me around 3 hours of constant attempts but I had never tanked anything before. i used healing bracers and ring with dps trinkets.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Mindset: This is a DPS encounter, NOT tanking. Hit-and-run in p1, all-in on p2. P1: blow cd's, dpsdpsdps, then run away and heal via eyes + Impending Victory. Once stacks drop and cd's are available, go hard again. Rinse and repeat til Inquisitor is dead. P2: pop all cd's, Spell Reflect his heal, pay attention to adds (I wiped twice to adds eating Velen), stay calm, win.

Gear: Bracers widen your margin of error, but are not necessary. If you have them, use them, but the encounter can still be completed without. Shoulders (Timeless Stratagem = 2 charges of Heroic Leap) or legs (Arrat's Bloodmirror = another charge of Spell Reflect) are quite handy. Sephuz has its place, too.

Talents: I succeeded with Warbringer. I could not reliably hit 3 with Shockwave (what I normally use), and Storm Bolt wasn't up when I needed it. Warbringer basically gives you 2 extra stuns. /tar Inquisitor /cast Charge macro saved my hide more than a few times. Everything else looks fine. If you have Tier 21 2pc, Id take Renewed Fury. Otherwise, Avatar works. I had rage issues (pun intended) in p1, so I couldn't keep IP up as much as I wanted. Thus, Avatar worked better for me.

Deleted
    Bear tartare food is really usefull here, also sephuz since you can proc it on cd and also you can just ignore the small eyes, just stare at them when they cast their knockback

Here's my tips:

Ignore eyes. Just move to where you're facing them and won't get knocked back.

Ignore infernals. If they hit you just charge back to variss/whatever add you were targeting.

Focus on getting Variss down ASAP. Variss is what makes or breaks this for Prot War. Use everything minus Drums if you want. Spell Reflect his casts while you wait for stacks to drop off.

Use the orbs when ads come. I know most guides say not to but that is BS, especially because:

In Phase 2, USE SPELL REFLECT ON TWISTED REFLECTIONS. Do this you basically win the appearance as long as you keep the adds off Valen and don't get knocked off (which a warrior should never get knocked off) and don't stand in the bad the rest of the fight because YOU will be the one healed, not Kruul.

95% of the challenge for Prot War is Ph1.
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2018-01-29 at 09:07 PM.

At this point in game it's honestly just "get 4p t21 and don't be utter shit". Those chellenges can be chellenging to undergeared alts at the moment. I've done the prot one 2 weeks ago in ~15 attempts, not knowing anything about the chellenge nor having played prot warr since WoD except for occasional random hc. Arms was 1shot easily just before prot and fury done properly jus after the chellenges came out.

Don't listen to those saying "don't kill eyes". Kill them asap, they get 1shot and if not killed they soon become annoying. Try to use damage CDs for add packs, the demo shout belt comes in handy. You should have some kind of interrupt/stun for each drain life and use spell reflect to mitigate some incomming spell damage on other casts. If you can't interrupt drain life, use one of "holy crap!" zones.

Stack a lot of ignore pain absorb during BC+shield slam spam on the boss and try not to let it fall off. It should take 3 BC+SS spams on the boss to take it down as far as I remember. When you get near him you better have 0 stacks of hp reducing debuff. Use shield block on add packs, you don't need it in other situations. Heal up with victory rush whenever possible. Also use Revenge enhancing talent. Also those add packs have priority, if they're alive and you get too many stacks+boss spam casts, leap to the "holy crap!" zone, there's more than enough of those.

There's many other things that make it easier that I caught but I'm not inclined to type all of that now. The most useful tip is probably - calm down, don't get caught up in a circle of doom doing this hours in a row and try to plan a bit ahead. I used demo shout belt+bracers.

Could use actual information like where you're getting destroyed. P1? P2? What to, failed interupts? Interupting the wrong thing? Too many stacks?

I never did it on my prot since I never play it, until I brute forced it in 950, T21 4pc. Took a couple of pulls then I stopped being bad at interupting.

I was a little bit worried after I did the challenge with my Druid and my Paladin.
    Got in with my 930 Warrior and one-shot it, using the wowhead guide (http://www.wowhead.com/protection-wa...fact-challenge).
    Havn't played my Warrior in a while, he has Bracers and Chest as Leggos and no set bonus + DPS trinkets.
    For sure the Bracers are awesome for survivability but I was quite surprised that it worked out that good.