Thread: Mythic Aggramar

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mythic Aggramar

Heya!

My guild is starting to progress Aggramar this week and i just wanna ask, what did you find is the 'best' to play this Boss?
    1 Is the Melee double soak good? And which melees can do it? I know that Rogues/DHs can do it, but what about Monks/DPS DKs? And whats the alternative to the melee soak, just 2 seperate groups or is the dmg too high? Kinda related to this, are there any weakauras that help with the taeshalach technique?
    2. How would you build the group? more melees to save space for the ranged/healers?
    3. How do you handle the adds? 2+2+1.. explosions or just 1 stack every time?

Would gladly appreciate any help and i think there are many more people who are searching for Aggramar Tips.
    Cheers!

I've no idea about the melee double soak, as we never did it, but...

2) We went 3 tanks, 5 melee, 7 ranged, 5 healers. When one of our ranged DPS disconnected, we brought in a melee DPS, but this ended up putting the fire circle ontop of the melee, which was pretty damn horrible. So I'm guessing your number of tanks/melee DPS shouldn't exceed 8, so you've enough ranged to bait the fire circles.

3) 2+2+1+1+1 etc yeah. First two are taken pretty much instantly, with the tanks dragging the big adds over two little ones after the grips, so they get towards the boss faster for typhoon. Debuff typically falls off just as the two big adds die & we're about to transition, so we then grip two more inbetween the middle of the room & where the boss is going to be moved to.

Most important thing is to basically keep that debuff up as much as possible, especially in the last phase.

It's a great fight You'll enjoy it... If you have the DKs

Deleted
    Just split the raid into 2. A melee group and a ranged group.

The bosses final ability in technique is always a rend which you have your ranged team soak. Its easier this way so they always know when to get in and your melee just have to focus on not getting hit a 2nd time. They just run to where the tank is during it then run back.
    If you run bigwigs the order for technique is already implemented into it.

We had set positions mapped out for the ranged to stand with the healers in the middle somewhat to reach everyone. I think you need atleast 10 ranged to ensure the blaze doesnt go on a melee, but dont quote me on that. TBH as long as your melee are aware it might go on them its not too horrible. When we progressed the boss it looked like on every 3rd blaze it went on a melee.

We tried everything on the adds. Rooting, Slowing, Vortex, Knockbacks. In the end we found 1 mage slowing them with blizzard(without the blizzard aoe talent) was enough to keep them away and we just rotated typhoons and Shining force. Locks using perma corruption and slow ring just kills the adds which is too awkward at times when you need an add in.

2 adds near where you tank the boss at the start of the intermission and then 2 50 energy adds asap. Gripping both adds together on top of 1 tank add close to the boss was alot quicker than having both tanks speed it into the boss. We then have 2 50 energy adds get cc'd so they dont get caught into the mass grip. They have to be 50 energy. The first 2 adds dont have to be. Just 2 healer Cds during each set of 2 is enough to keep the raid topped.

Your healers need to be really aware of what group is taking the rend and make sure that group is topped instead of healing people who arent about to take massive damage.

1 tip for last phase adds is that when there are so many up it gets really hectic to grip quickly. So have 1 dk pre-grip the add you are going to do close to the boss and
    the 2nd dk grip it when the debuff drops. This way you will always be ready to get an add in and will hopefully only have 2 explode in the end instead of 3.

But yeah you basically need 2 blood dks for this fight to make it easy. GL

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    2) We went 3 tanks, 5 melee, 7 ranged, 5 healers. When one of our ranged DPS disconnected, we brought in a melee DPS, but this ended up putting the fire circle ontop of the melee, which was pretty damn horrible. So I'm guessing your number of tanks/melee DPS shouldn't exceed 8, so you've enough ranged to bait the fire circles.
    It seems like you need 10 casters, otherwise the fire can be put on Melees. And, of course (thanks Blizz), HolyPaladins are counted as Melees too (so they usually can't be subject to the debuff).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post

Does your guild run double Holydin or a Mistweaver by any chance? If 2 of your healers are classified as melee, those numbers would fit with what we have observed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    It seems like you need 10 casters, otherwise the fire can be put on Melees. And, of course (thanks Blizz), HolyPaladins are counted as Melees too (so they usually can't be subject to the debuff).
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Does your guild run double Holydin or a Mistweaver by any chance? If 2 of your healers are classified as melee, those numbers would fit with what we have observed.
    Ahh, that does indeed explain it. We do run with a Holydin & MW.

Deleted
    Yeah those melee healers make some stuff weird.

Hi friends,

Just want to make sure i'm getting the gist of the fight as we'll be starting it tonight.

Some questions:
    Why 3 tanks? What’s the point o.O – Granted we need one to have any mass grip with bear/warrior main, but outside of them soaking I don't see them do anything but monitor add CC

Lust – seems to be with 2nd pots at the end of the fight to clear it up as soon as you can in execute, or where is a better spot?

Do you slow the transition adds at all, or do you just try to kill both big adds before they get there normally? Keep in mind, we don’t have double grip.

Main focuses of the fight seem to be:
    Know the 4 technique orders
    P1 – Technique -> Spread
    P2 – Technique -> Move to {Skull} Bait flares -> Spread
    P3 – Technique -> Move to {Skull} or behind adds -> Spread

Monitor knockbacks and slows - outside of Resto/Boomkin and shaman (can any shaman get it?) plus ring of peace, hunter stun, mage frost slow?

P1: Spread scorching blaze, get out of circles – healers in middle of room - hits 3 times keep them up
    P2: Tempest starts to suck in – roar
    Mass dispelling adds hits for 500k per add
    P3: Stack for Scorching Blaze behind adds
    Dispel tanks immediately with Foebreaker so other can get in position and one can get out - assign

Any fundamentals I'm missing? Care to share what was your biggest cause of wipes or what you wish you knew going in?

Quote Originally Posted by Chewtoy View Post
    Why 3 tanks? What’s the point o.O – Granted we need one to have any mass grip with bear/warrior main, but outside of them soaking I don't see them do anything but monitor add CC
    Managing the adds is the most important thing on the fight. You can't do that properly = you can't kill Aggramar. You manage them properly = ez kill !

Hi friends,

Just want to make sure i'm getting the gist of the fight as we'll be starting it tonight.

Some questions:

Lust – seems to be with 2nd pots at the end of the fight to clear it up as soon as you can in execute, or where is a better spot?

Do you slow the transition adds at all, or do you just try to kill both big adds before they get there normally? Keep in mind, we don’t have double grip.

Main focuses of the fight seem to be:
    Know the 4 technique orders
    P1 – Technique -> Spread
    P2 – Technique -> Move to {Skull} Bait flares -> Spread
    P3 – Technique -> Move to {Skull} or behind adds -> Spread

Monitor knockbacks and slows - outside of Resto/Boomkin and shaman (can any shaman get it?) plus ring of peace, hunter stun, mage frost slow?

P1: Spread scorching blaze, get out of circles – healers in middle of room - hits 3 times keep them up
    P2: Tempest starts to suck in – roar
    Mass dispelling adds hits for 500k per add
    P3: Stack for Scorching Blaze behind adds
    Dispel tanks immediately with Foebreaker so other can get in position and one can get out - assign

Any fundamentals I'm missing? Care to share what was your biggest cause of wipes or what you wish you knew going in?
    Basically: three tanks because in the transitions you will want to take the first two adds together. The only safe way to do this is having a blood DK mass grip both at the same time. Since you need two tanks to tank the big adds somewhere not in the center, you need a third tank to do this trick (note that you could perhaps pull this off with only two tanks but on this fight you want consitency and two-taking it =/= consistency)

Lust as soon as phase 3 starts, right after the scorching blazes have spawned. Make sure your dps have all cooldowns up at that time.

Slow all transition adds except for the first two that explode. Warlocks are great at this job (leggo ring, not the infinite corruption talent, that will kill the adds).

Your focus is right expect you don't need to bait flares at a particular spot in phase 2, just staying away from the adds is enough.

To slow the adds when they are grouped up, mages are the probably the best. Blizzard is a single-target dps gain and they only need to cast a blizzard every ~12-14 seconds on the adds (meaning they won't kill them). Make sure you don't kill the adds during the phases since that tends to complicate their management. You can use stuns as much as you want but avoid all forms of root and rings of frost and such (they fuck up the death knight grips and the bumps). Final comment about the adds: discipline priests (perhaps holy as well) have the best bump. We found that adding a discipline priest massively improved our add management.

In terms of phase three, only having one death knight tank makes it much harder. If you have any dps death knight, have him spec to tank and do the job. Even an alt makes it simpler. With two death knights, you can simply spawn the pillars 30 yards to the left or right (all ranged should be stacked at this point) of the adds and have one of your death knights mass grip the adds after the mass dispell. This is much easier to pull off than the strat where you go behind the adds to bait.

Top three wipe causes:
    - Adds not properly managed
    - Cleaves not properly managed
    - People randomingly failing to dodge the flares.
    Last edited by namnah; 2018-02-02 at 11:51 AM.

Is it typical for the first two nights to just be sloppy as hell? We were losing people to the first ravenous blaze constantly, even after assigning general areas of the room to run out and spread at.

Adds not being managed on transition killed us a lot. Do you just slow them all and beat them in, or do you try to root/stun them all for 8 seconds then slow them all? I believe we're trying to do slow adds, grip at end, and ring of peace as necessary. Currently, we're trying to have warlocks slow 3 a piece while we rush two in, and then control two others together.

We only have 3 knockbacks - disc priest, boomkin, resto druid. Is that enough, or does it complicate more? I know it was suggested to not root, but some of the videos with our DKless comp seem to grip the adds on transition and then just rotate roots on them to keep them there so they barely ever move. Looks like they use BDK slow, frost nova, frost nova, stun, stun, repeat. Is that feasible for p2/p3 and then you just call knockbacks in order if they start to get away?

Right now, I tried to hard assign them after abilities...which they want called out, but I'm finding it hard to call out every incoming ability, cc, and watch the tank techniques as I'm taking them to the face. Maybe it's just lack of experience, but do you usually have call outs for ALL of that? Is it all on the same person, or does one person call out and manage add CC, the next calls incoming abilities, etc.? I would assume cc would be good on the blood dk, but ours doesn't really talk :-\

What ordering I initially had:
    Grip together - mage nova
    Flare - spread after - mage nova then shaman cap, hunter stun
    Eat an add right before - 5 left
    Ravenous blaze - Graz knockback - hunter stun
    (add if debuff off)
    Technique - boomkin Knockback, resto Knockback, monk ring of peace to prevent tempest entry - stack - 70%
    Repeat

Is that comparable to what other people do? Any better ideas? We have available, 2 mages, boomkin, resto druid, disc priest, 2 hunters, resto shaman for cap....unless I'm missing others that's about it, melee I guess could run out and stun but that might be harder.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rhjcJy8fpDHZFAQ6

Well, once everyone is familiar with the fight, most of the calls can stop being called.

There are also some WAs that could help with the "controls rotation". I believe that 3 bumps is enough, you especially need them for the Combo AoE phase. Rest of the time, mobs will be extra slowed/stunned so they won't move by much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Well, once everyone is familiar with the fight, most of the calls can stop being called.

There are also some WAs that could help with the "controls rotation". I believe that 3 bumps is enough, you especially need them for the Combo AoE phase. Rest of the time, mobs will be extra slowed/stunned so they won't move by much.
    Do you have a good weak aura for it? All I found was one that allegedly put a timer up for the cc on it, but I'm not sure it was working or I didn't have a place it was easily noticeable on my screen. That's all I could find easily, nothing with hey you're next like the eonar teleprompter or anything.

Do you have a good weak aura for it? All I found was one that allegedly put a timer up for the cc on it, but I'm not sure it was working or I didn't have a place it was easily noticeable on my screen. That's all I could find easily, nothing with hey you're next like the eonar teleprompter or anything.
    I'm not part of the rotation unfortunately but I know it exists somewhere on wago

Is this fight doable with 0 priests? My guild has 2 blood dk's for the grips but somehow we've made it through the entire tier so far without a single priest.
    Last edited by wombats23; 2018-02-10 at 09:06 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Priest knockbacks and offensive dispel is shared by other classes. Meanwhile, only VDH have mass grip, but it's much more awkward and difficult to use.

Quote Originally Posted by wombats23 View Post
    Is this fight doable with 0 priests? My guild has 2 blood dk's for the grips but somehow we've made it through the entire tier so far without a single priest.
    Our first kill didn't include a healing priest, so you should be fine.

Druids/Ele Shamans are just as good as healing priests.

Add management is key. We've been wiping our first progression night on this boss because we've had too many shadow priests and warlocks that we came in with after our regular CoS mythic kill.

My guild should have at least 3 typhoons and 1 or 2 ring of peaces for knockbacks so I’m not too worried about the lack of shining force. I’m mostly concerned about adds spawning from flares in p3. Is single target dispelling all 3 of them completely fine? Because it sounds messy in my head but then again I haven’t gotten there yet. Can mages spellsteal as a dispel? I might be overthinking it all. I was looking up logs that had 0 priests whatsoever and there are only 5 (public) logs that fit that criteria which is a bit concerning.

Is thunderstorm a viable knock back in a pinch if all the adds have been properly mass gripped and slowed together by a blizzard? Or will the adds just fly in every which way direction still? Great thread btw. Huge thanks to those that provided help.

Quote Originally Posted by wombats23 View Post
    My guild should have at least 3 typhoons and 1 or 2 ring of peaces for knockbacks so I’m not too worried about the lack of shining force. I’m mostly concerned about adds spawning from flares in p3. Is single target dispelling all 3 of them completely fine? Because it sounds messy in my head but then again I haven’t gotten there yet. Can mages spellsteal as a dispel? I might be overthinking it all. I was looking up logs that had 0 priests whatsoever and there are only 5 (public) logs that fit that criteria which is a bit concerning.

Is thunderstorm a viable knock back in a pinch if all the adds have been properly mass gripped and slowed together by a blizzard? Or will the adds just fly in every which way direction still? Great thread btw. Huge thanks to those that provided help.
    Mages can spellsteal as a dispel, but you don't get any fancy buff. We bring a shadow priest specifically for mass dispel - I don't care if they do damage as long as their mass dispels are instant