Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post

Something like this is what I have been thinking -tattoo optional, not really sure what kind of design- but that's the idea to get more contrast in a way that is not too "I wanna look like a high elf"
    they seems to have some disease, and are dying

It's the same reason why Sylvanas still looks hot even though her body is a corpse. The Windrunner sisters are sex branding for men. I'm not mad by this but it's just reality. Though, I'm not sure why Alleria would look any less attractive if she was given the same look as the playable Void Elves are. All that would look different on her is her eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Yeah lol looks like a case of 12 hour old livores mortes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Yeah lol looks like a case of 12 hour old livores mortes.
    * mortis

But yeah, I agree. If it's corrupted they are looking for, making it seem like fresh corpses isn't the way to go. In terms of corruption effects I would preferably look to the spelleffects of the Sha.
    I kind of like Alleria's void form and am OK with how void elves look like atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    * mortis

But yeah, I agree. If it's corrupted they are looking for, making it seem like fresh corpses isn't the way to go. In terms of corruption effects I would preferably look to the spelleffects of the Sha.
    I kind of like Alleria's void form and am OK with how void elves look like atm.
    Yeah, mortis. Funny I wrote that wrongly considering I passed an exam in that not one month ago lol better here than there I suppose haha

Honestly as MMO-C ambassador of the Horde... you can just have the Blood Elves. Take em.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Because the void elves got screwed up through a different ritual and as such lost their prior complexion.

- - - Updated - - -

Alleria should look void tainted the entire time to be honest, considering just how much of that stuff she absorbed into herself.
    Nope void Elves reverted those highborne-blood elves, back into their original color. The violet/dark/black colored skin they used to have prior to them founding Quel'thalas.

Becuase they would look too much like blood elves?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Nope void Elves reverted those highborne-blood elves, back into their original color. The violet/dark/black colored skin they used to have prior to them founding Quel'thalas.

what the...?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that a lighter, more human-like skin tone should be an option. You can still tell them apart by their hair styles, hair color and eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like void-vitiligo to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Just say you want white elves on the alliance.
    That's RACIST!

She's not a void elf.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    what the...?
    Before they were peach-skinned Highborne prior to their Lorderon exodus, aren't they supposedly dark-skinned as well? The only thing that they would retain would be their stature and height.

Deleted
    Alleria spent an ass long time with the Holy boys out in space, I wouldn't be surprised if that somehow sheltered her from the void partly taking over her body.

Also, what about High Astromancer Solarian from Tempest Keep? Isn't she technically a Void Elf?

Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMaelstrom View Post
    Alleria is the first, and theorically, the most void-influenced elf. However her skin and other features remain untouched (except for her voice).
    Why can't we make void elves with pinkish skin and natural hair colors?
    People say there must be something to difference a blood elf from a void elf, but there is nothing that differences a horde and an alliance pandaren and we still recognize them in-game. Look at this edit I made:

Still looks quite voidy to me. Why isn't it an option?
    All I see is skrillex haircut xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Those elves look like they have poor circulation.
    I lol'ed a bit too much XD

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Thankfully they successfully repressed any desire to reduce the Horde and Alliance into a pick your favourite colour mish-mash.
    Horde has paladins and night elves now.... Alliance has shaman and blood elves. Bloodlust & heroism. Horde follows a single leader in their warchief. Alliance is a council of lea----nevermind they all follow a single leader in their High King.

Are you really sure it's not a pick your favorite color already?

That isn't going to happen.

Well, except for the Tauren and Draenei being faction specific.
    I never said it was going to happen, I said that's the route I would have taken considering their introduction in Legion having both of those working with Horde and Alliance and both Horde and Alliance raising their reputation with said factions (which are both arguably extremely small groups).

But hey, why care about little things like logical consistency in story rather than having entire races flip flop at the drop of a hat. Obviously all the races of Azeroth are hive minds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Horde has paladins and night elves now.... Alliance has shaman and blood elves. Bloodlust & heroism. Horde follows a single leader in their warchief. Alliance is a council of lea----nevermind they all follow a single leader in their High King.

Are you really sure it's not a pick your favorite color already?
    Absolutely. The two factions remain distinct and there are a legion of posters out there who will vehemently disagree with you, at length, if you attempt to push the idea they are functionally identical as it is.

You are taking a select few points of convergence and trying to make it seem as if they are virtually identical as a result.

Besides which, Nightborne are no longer Night Elves. They are Nightborne.

Void Elves used to be Blood Elves, but are no longer Blood Elves due to the transformation thay have gone through.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I never said it was going to happen, I said that's the route I would have taken considering their introduction in Legion having both of those working with Horde and Alliance and both Horde and Alliance raising their reputation with said factions (which are both arguably extremely small groups).

But hey, why care about little things like logical consistency in story rather than having entire races flip flop at the drop of a hat. Obviously all the races of Azeroth are hive minds.
    This is not Everquest 2. Just because the odd Human or Orc might betray their faction and end up serving the other side does not mean Blizzard has to cater to that desire as a playable option. Maybe they will in future, but for the moment ever player starts a character who is loyal, for whatever reason, to the faction the vast majority of their race has pledged allegiance to.

So the races aren't Hiveminds as you put it. We just don't have the option to play a traitorous member of those races.

7+ Year Old Account
    Before they were peach-skinned Highborne prior to their Lorderon exodus, aren't they supposedly dark-skinned as well? The only thing that they would retain would be their stature and height.
    but they become "dark-skined" because of the void, not becaue they "revert back to the highborn status"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    but they become "dark-skined" because of the void, not becaue they "revert back to the highborn status"
    Remember that when they got off from WoE the change to their features started and when they were exposed daily to the Sunwell it somehow became permanent. Now it got diluted by the energies of the void and they are starting to get themselves aligned to darkness once more, they the Highborne Kal'dorei in particular were former dark Trolls. They were never light toned skin to begin with.

The semblance between the two new elven races and the Zandalari isn't just a coincidence and mere aethetical value. It also reflect the influence of lore behind it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Remember that when they got off from WoE the change to their features started and when they were exposed daily to the Sunwell it somehow became permanent. Now it got diluted by the energies of the void and they are starting to get themselves aligned to darkness once more, they the Highborne Kal'dorei in particular were former dark Trolls. They were never light toned skin to begin with.

The semblance between the two new elven races and the Zandalari isn't just a coincidence and mere aethetical value. It also reflect the influence of lore behind it.
    you need to take some meds