Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Are there any noteworthy Night Elves they haven't included now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Not really, you can maybe make an argument for Broll Bearmantle and even Shandris Feathermoon.

However I think we already have enough elven archers and I would rather see Hamuul Runetotem as a feral Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Not really, you can maybe make an argument for Broll Bearmantle and even Shandris Feathermoon.

However I think we already have enough elven archers and I would rather see Hamuul Runetotem as a feral Druid.
    Fandral and Xavius

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anatlusnayr View Post
    Fandral and Xavius
    If Xavius counts as night elf, then I guess Azshara counts as one too.

About Fandral, he is just an edgy Malfurion and I really hope that Druid of the Flame thing remains a minor sidekick to Ragnaros and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post

Kur'talos Ravencrest

Jarod Shadowsong

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anatlusnayr View Post
    Fandral and Xavius
    Xavius would be dope

Of course if they add him with his Legion model
    Last edited by Reza2001; 2018-01-28 at 08:12 PM.
    2Pac Forever !

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how difficult might be making model from WoW scalling to HOTS for Azshara from BfA. xD

hmmm so i wonder if she's a hard counter to illidan. sounds like he could win if he stays attacking her, but if he goes in and he cant escape. theoretically her D could stop his Hunt , and if she tethered him before he swept or dived the wrong target he'd be pulled back, and of course her warden wall is perfect for him

maybe counter but not hard counter. as her dmg seems to involve multiple enemies and so he could just like i said stay attacking her at outmatch her 1v1. but if she has a 25 man raid helping her...
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Deleted
    Brothers and sisters.. I bring sad news. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkrdcNCgRng

She sounds awful. Mystic feminine allure lost.

And here is Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne aloe audio treatment for your hurt ears. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug2z7uLIeo8

oh no

something from ten+ years ago sounds different

it's a national tragedy

maiev's trait is on an 8 sec cooldown

commence tears
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

15+ Year Old Account
    So far my favorite build is a Spirit of Vengeance Armored Assault build.

She actually feels very nice, can easily kill Li-ming/Syl. If you are very good you might be able to1v2 people, but it is definitely not easy.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Thorns View Post
    Brothers and sisters.. I bring sad news.

She sounds awful. Mystic feminine allure lost.

And here is Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne aloe audio treatment for your hurt ears.
    Hm... You know what, I actually agree. It's not because of the voice actress, though, it's clear that she was asked to make her voice as grungy as possible. Considering that she's just come out of surgery for non-cancer, I think that Blizzard probably ought to have asked her to use her regular voice. She's also the person who narrates the WoW vanilla introduction, for example.

I would have appreciated her to have used her old voice. I can see why they might think it sounds better, but I just don't think it does. Then again, it might be a specific requirement for HotS to sound a bit harsher to make sure the voice lines are legible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacredless View Post
    Hm... You know what, I actually agree. It's not because of the voice actress, though, it's clear that she was asked to make her voice as grungy as possible. Considering that she's just come out of surgery for non-cancer, I think that Blizzard probably ought to have asked her to use her regular voice. She's also the person who narrates the WoW vanilla introduction, for example.

I would have appreciated her to have used her old voice. I can see why they might think it sounds better, but I just don't think it does. Then again, it might be a specific requirement for HotS to sound a bit harsher to make sure the voice lines are legible.
    Brother, I don't know the reason behind it, but calmer tones would most definitely not hurt character's presentation. She is one dimensional as she is now. And we will have to live with it.

Thre was charm to her before.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    If Xavius counts as night elf, then I guess Azshara counts as one too.
    They can always go for pre-naga (or whatever she is now) Azshara

And I just noticed. Maiev mentioned Cordana in voice over. Might be cool if they also put Cordana in game, something like Fel-Warden with spells inspirated by her boss fight? Hiding in shadows, while summoning Avatars and stuff. TWO WARDENS HUNTING EACH OTHER
    Last edited by Honik; 2018-01-30 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacredless View Post

Throat surgery(as well as age) can change how your voice sounds. She probably CAN'T use that "regular voice" you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Throat surgery(as well as age) can change how your voice sounds. She probably CAN'T use that "regular voice" you mentioned.
    I am the son of a voice coach. In the voice line, "Like she tested mine while you murdered my sisters?!" you can hear the strain in her voice the clearest. The grunge that she uses isn't proper grunge, as far as I can tell. Grunge is a vocal technique which, if executed currently, doesn't strain the voice at all. But I have experience with vocals enough to know that what she's doing would be very straining.

I think that it's a bit weird that you'd assume that she simply can't do regular voices anymore. I'm not saying that she needs to sound the same as she did before, but I'm angry that her vocal coach in the booth seems to have pushed her so hard towards a particular direction of vocal technique that can very easily exacerbate the effects of throat surgery.

The kind of surgery that she's talking about may be a polyp. This is fairly common in singers and voice actors and it can require surgery to get rid of. It can be aggravated by certain vocal techniques. My father has had a polyp and one of his students had a polyp. For a while, we were concerned that I may have developed a polyp, but that turned out not to be the case.

Basically, throat surgery can be very broad. We don't know what kind of surgery that she receives. However, I agree, I shouldn't have phrased it as "using her old voice". That's not quite what I meant while I wrote it, I just sort of channeled what was in my head at the time. Rather, I meant that I would have appreciated her to have used the old vocal techniques. Don't underestimate them, what she did for Maiev is not neccesarily without strain. It may sound laid back, but you are still maintaining a voice. And it's possible that the surgery has altered the natural traits of her voice and that may also change the outcome of her techniques.

Does that make sense? I thought at first that the complaints were that she sounds like she's got an agitated throat. You may have noticed, but certain women naturally have a voice that makes it sound as though they have just proverbially "lost their voice". This is what happens when you have a throat infection, for example. So, the lines that we got in the intro I ascribed to her voice sounded agitated and that Debi Mae was trying to utilize that by making it part of her persona. When I listened to all of her voice lines, though, I can register that she's 'doing a grunge voice'.

That is my concern now. I can register that she is 'doing a voice' and I am expressing my opinion that, just like I like an open faced helmet, but I can see why they'd go for a closed one because of characterization, I like her 'not doing a voice'-voice for Maiev, but I can see why they have gone for the other version.

About vocal technique
    Voices can be tricky to talk about. What I'm saying is, "I'm okay with it if her natural speaking voice has changed and this will affect her performance" but also, "I have a creative difference with the voice techniques applied to whatever natural voice she may have and I am curious to what she would sound like with a deepened, singer's voice like she did in Warcraft 3".

To explain more specifically, my father often explains singing technique by asking his students to 'open' their voice, in order to channel their voice. I'm not a voice coach, but if you look up "Freya" and "chest voice", I guess that's closer to what I mean. When I was still backstage in the opera, many of the choire-singers would continue to use their chest voice behind stage, so I'm guessing that's what's registering with me. A soprano or alto chest voice technique, but for regular speaking.

That sort of voice technique can be modulated towards certain vowels. For example, the "oo" vowel is very useful in higher ranges, allowing you to stabilize your voice there. By modulating your voice in this way, you can change the characteristics of your voice.

Now, Maiev's voice is close, but not the same as Debi Mae's natural voice. I'm a man, so testing the voice of Maiev is harder for me, but it sounds to me like the elves in WC3 are modulating their voices towards "eh" and "uh"-vowel. Which is a pretty natural modulation for American speech.

She seems pretty crazy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post

She seems pretty crazy.
    Grubs wasn't even playing that well either - there were tons of times D would/should have been used (eg he got hit by almost every Tyrael bomb) and he didn't utilise the hyper-reset of Q against multi-targets. Given time to learn and master Maiev, she will be fucking ruthless.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

so it looks like she's prob going to help with how often ppl and ai like to clump up together? like obviously you shoudlnt 2v5 but...
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Eu needs to wait until tomo right? Looking forward to this hero.

Also with all these ne's we really need moonsaber mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Eu needs to wait until tomo right? Looking forward to this hero.

Also with all these ne's we really need moonsaber mounts.
    Yes. EU maintenance is from 0200 to 0400 tomorrow morning.