Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hard copy Pre-order Battle for Azeroth.

It kinda sucks that the collectors amongst that like to have the hard copy boxed version get to miss out on all the allied races/new content.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Well they will definitely have some kind of "cashback program" if you pre-purchase a Digital Deluxe edition (or even basic) now and register CE at release.
    Have they done that in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    the way blizzard stuff works is, you buy normal game for lets say 40€, then you can upgrade to digital that usually costs 60€ for just 20€ cuz you bought the base game for 40€, think that CE works the same

They actually just give you a regular extra license which is annoying because you have to give it to a friend or resell it.

During the MoP Annual Pass where you got a free copy of D3, if you registered a CE D3 when it was released, you instead got like 2 months play time on WoW which was much better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    the way blizzard stuff works is, you buy normal game for lets say 40€, then you can upgrade to digital that usually costs 60€ for just 20€ cuz you bought the base game for 40€, think that CE works the same
    I know that, but this guy was talking about buying the digital version, then buying the physical version later and getting a credit back. I had never heard of that particular scenario.

I know that, but this guy was talking about buying the digital version, then buying the physical version later and getting a credit back. I had never heard of that particular scenario.
    i think they did that with legion and i think you can buy CE from blizzstore with a reduced price, if they ship to your country that is
    Last edited by valky94; 2018-01-30 at 09:32 PM.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well they will definitely have some kind of "cashback program" if you pre-purchase a Digital Deluxe edition (or even basic) now and register CE at release.
    Blizzard generally just gives you a regular key for the expansion if you pre-purchase the regular and then later upgrade to the CE. They have NEVER done a cash back program.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    i think they did that with legion
    I like boxes.
    With mop i got my money back on my digital copy.
    WOD and Legion they would only give you a license back so I didn't bother. Fortunately postman comes by quite early.

I don't know why they don't release the boxes early. It's not like we can play it early.
    Last edited by Twisted Spirit; 2018-01-30 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Blizzard generally just gives you a regular key for the expansion if you pre-purchase the regular and then later upgrade to the CE. They have NEVER done a cash back program.
    Actually they have. I got my money back on Mists of Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    This topic is relevant to me and very frustrating.

Why do they make the physical collector's edition a punishment?

I am half tempted to give up on my collectors edition streak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    This topic is relevant to me and very frustrating.

Why do they make the physical collector's edition a punishment?

I am half tempted to give up on my collectors edition streak.
    Me too but I like the books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    Me too but I like the books.
    It's a question of gratification isn't it.

Instant now or wait.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2018-01-30 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped getting the hard copies. Get the DD version and buy the book later on ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

with Draenor and Legion blizzard worked like this:

1) you buy digital version (standart), got all preorder bonuses
    2) you preorder (when you can) Physical CE copy of the game
    3) after release you get your CE.
    4) Apply it to the account
    5) contact support
    6) support provide your with key for standart copy of the game (wich you can gift to anyone, sell or whatever).

Myself done this with legion. Gifted free copy to friend. Bonus for that were that i had 2 100 boosts (wich wasn't bug accourding to guy from support team when i asked), and friend not lost his 100 lvl boost.

15+ Year Old Account
    WoD and Legion both refunded you a standard/deluxe edition game key depending on which you prepurchased.

Maybe now they'll do a battle.net balance refund, but they're not going to announce the Collector's Edition until some point in the future, so we have no way of knowing for now.

What I do know is I'm sick of being forced to double dip if I want both the physical collectibles and the early access rewards. Even though I collect artbooks and I've been buying the CEs for a decade, I think I'm gonna stop now. I'd rather have the allied races today than an artbook in eight months.

I thought you'd get some cashback as Battle.net Balance if you register a CE on an account which already has the expansion.
    They have never officially done this.

They have always made you buy two keys

Then you can "Gift it"

In this case get a friend to wait 8 months so you can do the cool stuff and they can do it later

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    with Draenor and Legion blizzard worked like this:

1) you buy digital version (standart), got all preorder bonuses
    2) you preorder (when you can) Physical CE copy of the game
    3) after release you get your CE.
    4) Apply it to the account
    5) contact support
    6) support provide your with key for standart copy of the game (wich you can gift to anyone, sell or whatever).

Myself done this with legion. Gifted free copy to friend. Bonus for that were that i had 2 100 boosts (wich wasn't bug accourding to guy from support team when i asked), and friend not lost his 100 lvl boost.
    If that is the case with the character boosts it might not actually be too bad, in the UK the expansion pre-order is £40 and I think a boost is £45.
    As long as you're making good use of the boost then it's a cheap way of getting an extra and you still have the product key to do whatever with.

I hope we don't have to wait until close to expansion release to get a hard copy of the regular version. I got hard copies of original WoW and all its expansions. I don't want to break that tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    I hope we don't have to wait until close to expansion release to get a hard copy of the regular version. I got hard copies of original WoW and all its expansions. I don't want to break that tradition.
    Don't hold out hope. It was the same deal with the Demon Hunter early access.

The past two expansions I've gotten a full refund for the digital pre-purchase a few days before release. If you boosted a character, that character is locked until you add the physical key. I'm hoping they continue to do that this expansion, but they did change the refund policy a bit.