Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Almost 3 months with not even a sliver of Classic info. Sadtimes.

Soooo, can you play as the new sub races already?
    Am working and won't be home for a few hours, but I wanna know if I can swap my NE for a VE instead :x

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    Almost 3 months with not even a sliver of Classic info. Sadtimes.
    First, this was advertised as a Battle for Azeroth Q&A, are you really surprised they only talked about BfA?

Second, they said at BlizzCon that they were *just* starting the whole classic project and it wasn't very far along. That was 2.5 months ago, roughly half of which was the holidays where much less work is being done. There is probably nothing new to share.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    First, this was advertised as a Battle for Azeroth Q&A, are you really surprised they only talked about BfA?

Second, they said at BlizzCon that they were *just* starting the whole classic project and it wasn't very far along. That was 2.5 months ago, roughly half of which was the holidays where much less work is being done. There is probably nothing new to share.
    If you pre-order BfA and have met that race's unlock requirements (exalted with Argussian Reach and complete Argus quest line to "You are now prepared" for VE), then you can do a quick unlock scenario and play as the new race today.

Quote Originally Posted by Anelya View Post
    Soooo, can you play as the new sub races already?
    Am working and won't be home for a few hours, but I wanna know if I can swap my NE for a VE instead :x
    Only four of them, zan and dark are in BfA. Not sure about the race change though.

Encounter design making specific tools valuable? Isn't that the exact same thing they said about making mythic 20 man and we saw that in literally one fight that required a priest before they gave up?

Zero talk and discussion as to how they're going to correct the attrocious leveling system and the numbers affiliated to it.

Quote Originally Posted by morph4037 View Post
    Only four of them, zan and dark are in BfA. Not sure about the race change though.
    Alrighty, thanks. I'll check it later
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina
    Do we girls get an E.B.O.O.B.S. (Equipment-Based OverpOwered Best-in-Slot) number?

Ion's face superimposed onto Sylvanas' face is gold.

Also the tape on the mic.

Quote Originally Posted by Anelya View Post
    Alrighty, thanks. I'll check it later
    Np.

/10char

When classes have unique tools, it should be easier to find a spot in a group because your ability will be valued, rather than leaders picking whoever is at the top of sims today.
    That assumes the guild you're going to run with doesn't already have somebody with the same class as you. What if you're a mage, but the guild already has 2 raiding mages? Whoever is at the top of the sims still wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    Whoever is at the top of the sims still wins.
    There is no solution to this. It's really the problem of the whole "simming" than class/game design. There will always be cookie cutter builds for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    This is going to really suck, when they add something like "You get double/triple the XP/Armor Power/Gold/whatever if you do X while flagged."

Which they will. Blizzard loves nothing more than enticing people who don't want to PvP into being victims of those who do. (Source: Vanilla to MoP on a PvP server.)
    Yep. It's ridiculous that since Vanilla you've gotten double/triple rewards if you play on a PvP server, thus forcing people who don't want to PvP to play on them.

Oh wait, that never happened, and you're just talking absolute nonsense.

So, the brown orcs (forgive me for the simplicity) are in. Good good, Blizzard... Wildhammer dwarves next, please.

Having to have a max level of the faction just to be able to make an allied race is such a dumb requirement. BfA is one of the first expansions where I'd like to see both sides, since they are split up pretty radically, but not being able to do so as one of the new races I want to be is lame. I already met the actual requirements, why include this unnecessary one to boot?

15+ Year Old Account
    Titanforge debuff is something i wouldnt want to see.
    They love Mythic raiders so much :|

Quote Originally Posted by Piplupzero View Post
    Encounter design making specific tools valuable? Isn't that the exact same thing they said about making mythic 20 man and we saw that in literally one fight that required a priest before they gave up?
    Are you really going to pretend Mythic Gul'dan doesn't exist? There are quite a few Mythic encounters actually that require one or two specific classes. If they made every encounter class dependent, it would get old really fast, so I think the balance of those that do require specific tools to those that don't is pretty acceptable.

It worries me how little 'content' or changes they have planned for PvP considering participation has utterly tanked. Blizzard has catered the whole PvP gameplay / rewards / systems and overall experience to the toxic high-end PvP 'community' (If you can even call it that). BFAs PvP experience is already headed for disaster.

We don't need this 6v6 bullshit. It'll just end up on a ladder and be a toxic pile of shit just like every other rated bracket where a bunch of people with macros and meta comps stomp and every group needs 2k+ xp. You will go to LFR you see: "XXX Comp 2.4k XP link achiev" then give up for one reason or another and move on to something else.

It leaves me speechless to be honest. I am filled with hope when I see new posts only to see them continue their strategy of 'high rated exclusiveness' to the detriment of 90% of the community. It's just not sustainable and the participation is lower and lower with each passing day. If PvP rewards can't exist without being rooted to this complete failure ladder system then the PvP side of this game will stay at this point of stagnation indefinitely.
    Last edited by sarkarin; 2018-01-30 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarkarin View Post
    It worries me how little 'content' or changes they have planned for PvP considering participation has utterly tanked. Blizzard has catered the whole PvP gameplay / rewards / systems and overall experience to the toxic high-end PvP 'community' (If you can even call it that). BFAs PvP experience is already headed for disaster.

We don't need this 6v6 bullshit. It'll just end up on a ladder and be a toxic pile of shit just like every other rated bracket where a bunch of people with macros and meta comps stomp and every group needs 2k+ xp. You will go to LFR you see: "XXX Comp 2.4k XP link achiev" then give up for one reason or another and move on to something else.

It leaves me speechless to be honest. I am filled with hope when I see new posts only to see them continue their strategy of 'high rated exclusiveness' to the detriment of 90% of the community. It's just not sustainable and the participation is lower and lower with each passing day. If PvP rewards can't exist without being rooted to this complete failure ladder system then the PvP side of this game will stay at this point of stagnation indefinitely.
    I have to agree with this. The current direction PvP is heading had me worried.

Anything about Demo Warlocks?

If they are going with the "Bring the class" statement, then people MUST pressure them for a faster leveling system along side the current one, because weeks to reroll into a useful class is not fair.