10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Ok so I am new to the Dragon Ball Super Universe and please pardon my newb question coming I am only on Episode 51.

If the series is already in Asian, what is up with the Asian Subtitles along with English? They dont pop up often during the episode but I see them from time to time.

What language is the show originally and what is the other subbed language?
    If you're seeing japanese text pop up on the screen, it might actually be like news or adds or something, not part of the actual episode. I remember reading shows in japan have that sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I don't think it was so much happiness that it was typical Angel "Oh well..." attitude. The Angels are not really bothered by what happens, overall. It's not like they die.
    I imagine he found it entertaining. He laughed.

Anyway, all the angels have had different reactions.

Vados was upset. Macarita looked real upset.

So like. What's the rule for God of Destruction? Can anyone become one? How is it possible that the universe had 2 GoDs at the same time?

Speaking of which, wtf was that whole business with Supreme Kais again? In what way is the Supreme Kai and the GoD connected? If Trunks became the new GoD then does that mean Beerus would've had to know him? Or could Supreme Kai have made him the new Supreme Kai and Beerus could've still been sleeping? Orrrrrr? What exactly changes?

?????????

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    So like. What's the rule for God of Destruction? Can anyone become one? How is it possible that the universe had 2 GoDs at the same time?

Speaking of which, wtf was that whole business with Supreme Kais again? In what way is the Supreme Kai and the GoD connected? If Trunks became the new GoD then does that mean Beerus would've had to know him? Or could Supreme Kai have made him the new Supreme Kai and Beerus could've still been sleeping? Orrrrrr? What exactly changes?

?????????
    It's not super well defined, but the manga sheds a little extra light on how things work. GoDs can retire, so they apparently choose candidates from powerful mortals to replace them. Presumably while multiple GoDs can exist, only one is expected to operate in any given universe at a time - dunno what would happen if Belmod retired, he might've had to rescind his GoD status, maybe even go back to being a mortal (presumably, all GoDs were mortals at one time).

The Supreme Kai are connected to the GoDs by some kind of life-link - how it's set up I don't know, but if all the Supreme Kai in a universe die, the GoD of that universe dies as well. This is to maintain balance between creation and destruction, so that a GoD isn't tempted to wipe out the weaker Supreme Kais if they bother him.

Not sure if Trunks would need to be selected by Beerus to become a GoD - if a GoD dies, their angel servant goes into dormancy until a new GoD is chosen, meaning that someone other than the existing GoD can appoint a new GoD. If a GoD died before selecting a candidate, someone outside the universe would likely have to step in and select one, possibly the Grand Priest. Marcartia mentions training with regards to Toppo becoming a GoD, so an existing GoD likely has to work with a candidate mortal to train them to become a GoD themselves - I doubt Trunks could have easily become one without any training or experience with the GoDs.

1. Toppo is now a God of Destruction. It's not like he's a God-of-destruction power level. He's actually a God of Destruction, using god of Destruction techniques and having a God of Destruction power level.

So how is it legal for him to participate in this state of power/godness????

2. How is it that Goku didn't change to UI form? It seemed that in the Kefla fight, he actually managed to master at least the convertion.

3. Android 17 trading blows with a super sayajin blue power like dude. I guess caring for animals have more benefits that we could predict.....

4. da fuq was this Vegetta's "new" blue form? He just angered a bit and now you can se his pupils? Goku already mastered the blue form in the Zamasu saga, so what's this form? is it even a form? what are its benefits?

5. What the hell is going on???

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

?????????
    probably it works like for the kaioshin.
    there is one in charge plus some students like shin (pre genocide by buu) and zamasu, probably to avoid vacuum in power.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    probably it works like for the kaioshin.
    there is one in charge plus some students like shin (pre genocide by buu) and zamasu, probably to avoid vacuum in power.
    Though there's still the question how the life link is transferred to the successor. Zamasu killing Gowasu also killed off Rummshi, but Buu killing grand Kaioshin didn't kill Beerus, so the link was either already active between Shin adn Beerus, or got transferred.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    yeah, I also like 17 a lot.

BUT I think he is getting a lot of push.

he came back and now he is more important than the likes of Piccolo and Gohan, like, wtf
    Agree, but i can ignore that, 17 prove to be an excellent character, what annoy me the most as Gohan fan is the baits, first Gohan state that he will reach a new form that was never seen before, and the last ending with Gohan and Goku, honestly i did not expect Gohan to have such low impact on this tournament power wise after all the damn hype Toriyama build around Gohan, i fell he did this intentional to piss off Gohan fans, i notice he like to do this, Frieza is one of his victims and Vegeta with the clickbait titles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UNHEILVOLL View Post
    1. Toppo is now a God of Destruction. It's not like he's a God-of-destruction power level. He's actually a God of Destruction, using god of Destruction techniques and having a God of Destruction power level.

So how is it legal for him to participate in this state of power/godness????

2. How is it that Goku didn't change to UI form? It seemed that in the Kefla fight, he actually managed to master at least the convertion.

3. Android 17 trading blows with a super sayajin blue power like dude. I guess caring for animals have more benefits that we could predict.....

4. da fuq was this Vegetta's "new" blue form? He just angered a bit and now you can se his pupils? Goku already mastered the blue form in the Zamasu saga, so what's this form? is it even a form? what are its benefits?

5. What the hell is going on???
    1. Either it doesn't count because he became a GoD after he joined, OR the Omni-Kings think it's cool and therefore all arguments are invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    1. Either it doesn't count because he became a GoD after he joined, OR the Omni-Kings think it's cool and therefore all arguments are invalid.
    My guess is he is not technically a "god of destruction" but he wields destruction power because he was on the list of people to replace the previous god and just now accepted the offer.

In all honesty, its because it was a cool thing and the writers were like "yea this will be neat" more than caring about the original rules of the tournament. Basically a case of "just enjoy the ride, but don't think too much about it."

the most likely answer is that he is not GoD because Belmod didn't retire yet.

he is on that level power level wise (Hakain and Ki).

10+ Year Old Account
    the most likely answer is that he is not GoD because Belmod didn't retire yet.

he is on that level power level wise (Hakain and Ki).
    I guess it depends on whether being a GoD is a state you attain, or if its a title you are officially assigned.

If it's a state, Toppo's definitely reached it - Belmod said as much. If it's a title, then since he's not officially the GoD of universe 11 yet, in that case it wouldn't count.

I guess it depends on whether being a GoD is a state you attain, or if its a title you are officially assigned.

If it's a state, Toppo's definitely reached it - Belmod said as much. If it's a title, then since he's not officially the GoD of universe 11 yet, in that case it wouldn't count.
    I think it's both, most definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    Well there's always Angels to fight or maybe they add the *sigh* demon world that's been talked about since xenoverse . It would work...kinda , since they wouldn't have anything to do with GoDs and universe tournaments and just by name alone "angels vs demons" and since it wasn't expanded much on the idea but it's there, they could make the enemies in demon realm as strong as they want. So yeah, either they fight angels and the grand priest and zeno's guards , or demon realm.
    Nah they are just going to find out that Zeno is actually the South Omni-King and there are four other multiverse quadrants. After some storylines with them they will then find out that the Omni-Kings and Angels all come from one special Universe ruled by a Supreme Omni-King and they will either stop a big bad from there or have a tournament there. This will then repeat with the Supreme Omni-King actually being the West Supreme Omni-King and their multiverses ruled by a Grand Omni-King.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Nah they are just going to find out that Zeno is actually the South Omni-King and there are four other multiverse quadrants. After some storylines with them they will then find out that the Omni-Kings and Angels all come from one special Universe ruled by a Supreme Omni-King and they will either stop a big bad from there or have a tournament there. This will then repeat with the Supreme Omni-King actually being the West Supreme Omni-King and their multiverses ruled by a Grand Omni-King.
    or going with a nice plot twist where Grand Priest does something cool.

Deleted
    or going with a nice plot twist where Grand Priest does something cool.
    Like rewinding time so much that it's back to Dragon Ball and so the series ends by it being in a loop! DB , DBZ , DBSuper 'till he rewinds again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    Like rewinding time so much that it's back to Dragon Ball and so the series ends by it being in a loop! DB , DBZ , DBSuper 'till he rewinds again
    Ah, the good ole Futurama ending

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Though there's still the question how the life link is transferred to the successor. Zamasu killing Gowasu also killed off Rummshi, but Buu killing grand Kaioshin didn't kill Beerus, so the link was either already active between Shin adn Beerus, or got transferred.
    Kid Buu didnt kill the Grand Kaioshin, he absorbed it after absorbing the South Supreme Kai, becoming the fat ("Mister") Buu

- - - Updated - - -

And what about the rest? Goku not using UI form for absolutely no reason (he didn't say he's tired or something..) and Vegeta's "new" blue form who seems to be aabsolutely nothing at all.

I tried to eat the new Super logic (which seems its none), and forget about Android 17 having inmense power because of caring about animals so much, but now, it just keep contradicting itself to the limits...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UNHEILVOLL View Post
    Kid Buu didnt kill the Grand Kaioshin, he absorbed it after absorbing the South Supreme Kai, becoming the fat ("Mister") Buu

- - - Updated - - -

And what about the rest? Goku not using UI form for absolutely no reason (he didn't say he's tired or something..) and Vegeta's "new" blue form who seems to be aabsolutely nothing at all.

I tried to eat the new Super logic (which seems its none), and forget about Android 17 having inmense power because of caring about animals so much, but now, it just keep contradicting itself to the limits...
    UI Requires external factors to trigger, it's not something Goku has done consciously yet. He gained more control over it while it is active but still can't enter it at will. As for Vegeta's form it's an upgrade of Blue, what kind of upgrade we don't know yet. Could be Perfect Blue form, could be Blue 2 but it is something, it's a very different shade of blue from the regular one, a darker blue...