Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard the past weeks has been something extraordinary.
    API down for 2 weeks.
    Shitloads of buggs.
    FPS issues.
    And now they delete all the chars.

Not sure how you can fuck so much up in so little time!
    You must gain control over your gold or the lack of it will forever control you.

Same here!

Can see how many chars i have on each realm but when i tune in to that realm there are no toons.

Thanks blizz! :P

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I think most people would rage a lot, then quit, then return and begrudgingly level new chars :P
    Sadly i think you would be right LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    well considering the hoops and so forth to get toons where people want them lol...yeah i can bet some people would be miffed.
    Understatement-of-the-Year Award goes to.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Blizz HQ would burn down, you know it.
    There would be actual violence. Blizzard stock would plummet.

Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    I think Im not exagerating when I say that that would probably spell the end for world of warcraft
    You mean WoW would have to stand on its own merit instead of the metric MEGATON of sunk-cost that players have invested in the game?! There's a thought....

Honestly I'd welcome a clean slate for everyone. But can you imagine the legal battle that would ensue? All the paid character transfers, race changes, wow tokens purchased, etc. I think not just WoW would break under that stress, but Blizzard as a company would face pretty heavy strain as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I think most people would rage a lot, then quit, then return and begrudgingly level new chars :P
    I wouldn't, I had enough "no longer obtainable" stuff done on that account, that I would never turn back if they "Oops, deleted and we can't recover it" my account.

first the API and now this
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I wouldn't, I had enough "no longer obtainable" stuff done on that account, that I would never turn back if they "Oops, deleted and we can't recover it" my account.
    Same here, f**k that shit. Would never come back to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now the wow forums are acting up getting 505 errors all over the place.

I'm actually now getting the same black screen of no characters. I have toons across 3 servers, and none of them are showing. Huh...time for a nap, I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Now the wow forums are acting up getting 505 errors all over the place.
    Because the character database got deleted.
    Atleast all character names are open again to take :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Hmm, I don't know. I was logged in and playing two hours ago as well and had no issues, logged out to eat dinner and when I came back my characters/servers were missing. It's still this way for me.
    Oh yeah, I'm not saying it's not affecting a massive amount of people, it just seems to be inconsistent who and for how long.

For example, the thread on the official forums is now almost six hours old, but I've only been having the problem for and hour and a half. And some people are not having it at all, still. @Alayea said she can still log in okay, for example.

This seems to be a completely different issue from the preorder issue that people are having,
    Yeah, I'm sure they're only tangentially related since different servers. It wouldn't surprise me if it was related to them trying to increase the character-per-server cap for the preorders or something like that.

But who knows.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    how the fuck do they manage to shit up every big launch like this? why?

they have had 5mil+ people for years. you'd think they would learn from that.
    yeah, it sucks. lets go outside and smoke a cig together

Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    ALL MY TOONS ARE GONE!!

So i log in and now every single character i have is gone, missing.

Anyone else having this problem?
    You dont read the blizz tracker, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Shit can happen when you launch things (such a increased amount of char slots) outside of a controlled little box.
    from these server issues to not even being able to buy the preorder, things are a mess right now.

a company as experienced as blizz shouldn't be this bad off.

Deleted
    Welcome to Classic everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I'm actually now getting the same black screen of no characters. I have toons across 3 servers, and none of them are showing. Huh...time for a nap, I guess.
    That would be ideal. But seeing as some people plan this time of the tuesday to catchup on the weekly events.... well... its horrid at best :P

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    I logged in and all of my characters were gone and replaced with random level 110s with garbled character names. It’s like the start of a bad creepy pasta.
    New WoW mode: ARAM

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    You dont read the blizz tracker, do you?
    That's a a really new Update to "Breaking news" compared to how old this issue... really is.

from these server issues to not even being able to buy the preorder, things are a mess right now.
    a company as experienced as blizz shouldn't be this bad off.
    I completely agree with you.
    Just stating that things can easily break.

Their website was basically bombarded with a DDoS, not by bots but by actual people.

how the fuck do they manage to shit up every big launch like this? why?

they have had 5mil+ people for years. you'd think they would learn from that.
    It's not even a launch, it's just pre-orders >.< Thats the real sad part.