10+ Year Old Account
    Some teams are gonna do stupid things this offseason. I remember when Manning was available and everybody made a play for him, and the Jets were worried they upset Sanchez so they gave him more guaranteed money, will somebody else screw up similarly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    Yeah, very good point. Kinda forgot about Denver needing a QB. Any other teams that are a QB away? Maybe Vikings? If they have the money. Jets? Arizona? Bills? Jags?
    I think that's the list.

Denver
    Minnesota
    Jacksonville
    Arizona
    NY Jets
    Buffalo
    Cleveland

This also means that drafted QB's will now be in less demand. Cause one of those teams is going to end up with Cousins and not draft a QB early.

This works out nicely for the Patriots again...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Some teams are gonna do stupid things this offseason. I remember when Manning was available and everybody made a play for him, and the Jets were worried they upset Sanchez so they gave him more guaranteed money, will somebody else screw up similarly?
    Dolphins maybe? They are an outside shot to make a play for Cousins I guess. And they could DEFINITELY then turn around and pay sorry-money to Tannehil if things don't work out with Cousins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Big news! Alex Smith has been traded to the Chiefs for a second round pick and a conditional one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Big news! Alex Smith has been traded to the Chiefs for a second round pick and a conditional one!

HEY GUYS! Washington traded for a new QB! Donovan McNabb!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    That's not what I just read.

"The #Chiefs traded QB Alex Smith to the #Redskins for a 2018 third-round pick and a player to be named tomorrow, sources say. Solid return, regardless of who the player is." - Rapoport

15+ Year Old Account

HEY GUYS! Washington traded for a new QB! Donovan McNabb!
    Finally someone who gets me
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    "In Alex Smith trade, Chiefs will receive third-round pick And CB Kendall Fuller, per @Fieldyates. So there’s the trade."

Fuller was a 3rd round pick in 2016 and I don;t think he did much of anything in Washington, so this is basically just a teaser for the Chiefs, who lacked CB depth this season and even went as far as to sign Revis to a contract to help them out.

I;d say Washington got the better part of this deal. They secure QB play for the next few years at the cost of a 3rd rounder now and a player they did not have much future interest in. That's pretty good if you want to keep the show going without rebuilding.

- - - Updated - - -

"When Kendall Fuller lined up in the slot, he allowed a passer rating of 55.0. That was the best for all slot cornerbacks last year. Steven Nelson and Phillip Gaines both allowed passer ratings above 100 when in the slot."

Okay, so maybe he was useful after all. Might be more even trade then, cuase now Washington will need to replace their starting slot corner. That's going to cost a draft pick too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Revis was never going to be a guy to rely on anyway, so getting Fuller might be good. All in all, if Mahomes works out, great trade for the Chiefs. Which makes me wonder what the Redskins get out of this. Alex Smith signed an extension with them for four years, but they could have done that with Cousins.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/958544387188903941

The #Redskins gave QB Alex Smith a 4-year extension worth $94M, source said. He gets a whopping $71M in guarantees.
    - - - Updated - - -

Still seeing a lot of contradictory stuff though. Some say second-rounder, some say third. Kendall Fuller says he isn't going anywhere, but he may just not have been informed yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    More news that Kendall Fuller wasn't the one traded? :/ Drama is going on everywhere apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I;d hold off on judging the Alex Smith contract part for now. It's a trick at the moment. 71 MILLION IN GUARANTEES. Sounds nice right? lotta money. Buuuuuuut it could actually be a 2 year contract with the rest of his guarantees locked behind team options that they likely have no interest in picking up. So untill we know exactly how those guarantees are actually worked into the contract and which part of it is ACTUALLY guaranteed to be paid and not just contract language, we won;t really know how this is going to work out.

I suspect this will only be a 2 or 3 year contract and that we will have these same conversations we had about Smith in KC, about Smith in Washington pretty soon. I suspect he'll be replacable in 1 or 2 years, depending on how badly Washington wants to move on and their cap situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    Yeah, very good point. Kinda forgot about Denver needing a QB. Any other teams that are a QB away? Maybe Vikings? If they have the money. Jets? Arizona? Bills? Jags?
    Bills don't have the money for Cousins.

I'm hoping Denver or the Jets pick him up, even Cleveland, and make some of those first round picks tasty trade bait.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, are you telling me Cousins wouldn't take $94 million over 4 years?

That's 23 million a year. What the fuck? For Alex Smith?

Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Please tell me he learned about it from Ian Rapaport before he did from the team. Cause that would define the fucking Redskins. Leak so hard that they can't even inform a guy of a trade before the media gets it.

With the Redskins getting Smith and Jacksonville supposedly sticking with Bortles, that leaves Cousins to either the Jets, Cards, Browns or Broncos (not sure who else could pay him). Denver can really only pay him if Talib, Sanders, and/or Anderson are cut or traded. 2 of them are likely gone regardless, but there isn't anyone to replace Talib on the roster. Might be worth it if Fitzpatrick is available at 5 though.

On the other hand, Elway's offensive draft picks have been pretty awful so drafting a QB doesn't sound good either.
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Please tell me he learned about it from Ian Rapaport before he did from the team. Cause that would define the fucking Redskins. Leak so hard that they can't even inform a guy of a trade before the media gets it.
    Wouldn't be the 1st time a player learns of a trade from someone other than the team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Wouldn't be the 1st time a player learns of a trade from someone other than the team.
    It's a pretty shitty way to go about things no matter who it is.

It would suck to find out you're being traded on twitter, dude took it good though. Same thing apparently happened to Blake Griffin. If you ever want to see something that truly sucks watch some videos of MLB players getting traded mid fucking game. Literally called off the field, told to pack their shit and leave.
    Last edited by Piglord; 2018-02-01 at 03:49 PM.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems both Patriots and Eagles will be near enough full strength going into the Superbowl. Everyone except Jernigan fo rthe Eagles is full participant in practice today, including Gronk.

Going to be great to see these teams go at it with their full available roster and not have the game marred by one side being gimped (old injuries not included).

Starting to slowly get anxious for the game.

This is good to see.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Seems both Patriots and Eagles will be near enough full strength going into the Superbowl. Everyone except Jernigan fo rthe Eagles is full participant in practice today, including Gronk.

Going to be great to see these teams go at it with their full available roster and not have the game marred by one side being gimped (old injuries not included).

Starting to slowly get anxious for the game.
    I know you said old injuries not included but....it's kind of hard to even throw around 'full strength' when one team is missing their likely-would-have-been MVP QB and HOF left tackle. Yea, yea, I know the Patriots have injuries too, but not quite at the same level.

But alas, I get what you mean I'm just being a jerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    I know you said old injuries not included but....it's kind of hard to even throw around 'full strength' when one team is missing their likely-would-have-been MVP QB and HOF left tackle. Yea, yea, I know the Patriots have injuries too, but not quite at the same level.

But alas, I get what you mean I'm just being a jerk.
    Eagles have quality on IR, Patriots have quantity. The end effect is that both teams were hobbled, but not crippled this season in getting to the Superbowl.

Neither team has a legitimate excuse if they fail to win on Sunday. Both these teams made it through the playoffs pretty much exactly in their current state. If that's good enough to get to this point, it's good enough to win.