Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Solo queue in the Q&A

From the front page:

"Solo Queue is unlikely to be in Battle for Azeroth." -- What a good start.

"If you could solo queue, it would blur the distinction between ranked PvP and regular PvP." -- Yes, that's the effect as well as the intent. So?

"In other games that have solo queue, there is a lot more flexibility to change your composition. WoW isn't nearly as flexible." -- Woah. That's your excuse? And what's stopping you from providing flexibility to change your composition if you are talking about arenas? And why is this a factor at all in BGs which are mass-matched?

"Solo queue would produce a frustrating experience." -- Really? How so? This starts to seem like "You think you do but you don't".

"Playing with partners adds a lot of depth and social interaction." -- Wow. Who'd have thought. But similarly to how there are pros, there are cons to playing with partners, no? Maybe that's why people have been asking for solo queue in the first place, because of those cons? And maybe because those cons heavily outweigh the pros for 99% of the players, maybe that's why solo queue outscales team queue by a factor of 50 to 1 everywhere? No?

"The team would like to make it easier and more accessible to get into these rated PvP formats." -- Gee, what was it that you said about solo queue blurring the distinction between rated and unrated?

Cool Q&A, bro.

It's a complete clusterfuck of nonsense and handwaving. You want to say "no, we aren't going to do solo queue (because we didn't plan on doing it because we don't care and you will pay anyway)" and are simply trying to justify not doing it. It sure as heck would have been better if you just said nothing, at least saying nothing wouldn't have been intellectually insulting.

You are so angry over nothing man.

sad news indeed

solo que isnt gonna IMPROVE THE GAME.. just adding a solo que wont make pvp suddenly more fun

also its not as easy to implement.. you dont want to be matched with random classes/specs(even if its healer+2 dps) cuz its gonna be random as shit.. but if you were to be able to choose what specs you wanna play with the que times will be SUPER LONG

they should improve the game instead of making it look better when its not by adding solo que and shit like that

Yeah, I'm done with pvp in WoW. I've been pretty hopeful for soloqueue in BfA, but rip. Cba spending hours upon hours looking for people to play with when I just wanna melt some faces and collect rating in the process.

Imo so what that you would be matched into useless comps. Soloqueue is not about coming up with elaborate plans with random strangers you will never meet again, make it work or lose, if classes are balanced then opponents have just as much chance getting matched into a shitty comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post

Imo so what that you would be matched into useless comps. Soloqueue is not about coming up with elaborate plans with random strangers you will never meet again, make it work or lose, if classes are balanced then opponents have just as much chance getting matched into a shitty comp.

you're saying it right now.. but when you will be matched into as shitty comp over and over you will get pissed

and also these days comp matter way more than it used to.. because you cant outplay people like u could b4(unless they are going to change alot of shit in BFA to make it possible again), so your comp matters way more than b4.. you wouldnt be able to win alot by just playing some random ass comp even if you're better than majority of people you're playing against
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2018-01-31 at 04:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    you're saying it right now.. but when you will be matched into as shitty comp over and over you will get pissed
    It isnt even about a shitty comp if classes are "balanced".. they could all be within 3% of each other with no pruning and plenty of PvP utility. The issue is the person playing the class may not be "balanced" and you lose all control of who you are teamed with in a solo queue.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    It isnt even about a shitty comp if classes are "balanced".. they could all be within 3% of each other with no pruning and plenty of PvP utility. The issue is the person playing the class may not be "balanced" and you lose all control of who you are teamed with in a solo queue.
    it could be.. but its not gonna be balanced.. i said it based on how the game has been for the last couple of expansions.. and i dont expect a major change when it comes to that.. also if that was to change you wouldnt even need solo que.. cuz alot more players would start pvping again most likely

also balance isnt even a thing they should be thinking about.. the class design should be their main focus.. make classes more fun and more interactive and harder to play so people would be able to stand out and outplay other people

Yeah, that's kinda what soloqueue is about. Sometimes you get retards. Sometimes you get great players. Sometimes you fight retards. Sometimes you fight great players. As you play more, your rating will shift towards your target group, even if you don't like it. I don't know why they are fixated on the comp so much. Yeah, sometimes you get countered, but even in top tier games, comp only matters so much.

WoW isn't flexible because the players don't let it be flexible, think about what would happen in OW if you had to queue as a character and you couldn't swap....it'd be a disaster.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    wait... what does this exactly mean?
    I can't even queue for "random/unrated bg" anymore? or do they just mean ranked pvp (i didn't wachted the video, just read it)?
    what about warfronts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mortiferus View Post
    wait... what does this exactly mean?
    I can't even queue for "random/unrated bg" anymore? or do they just mean ranked pvp (i didn't wachted the video, just read it)?
    what about warfronts?
    It's about ranked.

Warfronts are PVE (the closest analog is LFR).

- - - Updated - - -

It's symmetric. It's unpleasant when you get matched with someone who doesn't try but the ratings sort that out (who tries more often / is more capable overall gets teammates who tend to be the same and gets matched against enemies who tend to be the same) and the other team has the same chance to get someone who doesn't try as yours. It's still unpleasant when you get a bad teammate or you think you got a bad teammate, but on balance the pros of easy jump-in play with no requirement to get into social constructs and wait for everyone on the team to log in, etc, heavily outweigh the cons. That's why whenever there is team queue and solo queue, solo queue has about 50x times more people playing. And finally, if you value team play so much, just play both, it's a non-issue. It's saying "we won't do solo queue" that is the issue, because as I said, solo queues are vastly more popular, you just close the doors before most of the potential players.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-01-31 at 06:05 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It's about ranked.

Warfronts are PVE (the closest analog is LFR).
    ah ok, thanks for the fast reply - then it is ok for me :-)

They are completely out of touch with what's going on in PvP. Right now it's all 2.4k+ experienced players farming other 2.4k+ experienced players. If you are a new player looking to PvP, you have to 1) spend weeks gearing up and grinding artifact traits 2) spend months learning how to PvP with your class and how to counter other classes 3) spend hours every time you want to PvP to find partners. And you only get a tangible reward if you reach 2k. Guess what, with 2.4k+ players sitting at 1600, 1800 and 2000 rating, only a TINY fraction of new players will ever get rewarded for PvP. They won't bother, they'll just leave and get better rewards from PvE for 10% of the effort.

Until Blizzard sorts out rewards in PvP to incentivize players to play PvP en mass or introduces solo queue to make it more accessible, it will stay the way it is right now: a couple of 2.4k+ experienced players farming each other from 0 rating to 2700.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Until Blizzard sorts out rewards in PvP to incentivize players to play PvP en mass or introduces solo queue to make it more accessible, it will stay the way it is right now: a couple of 2.4k+ experienced players farming each other from 0 rating to 2700.
    The entire PVP scene has deteriorated into selling achievements for high PVP ranks to those who want them. Now, don't get me wrong, these achievements have been on sale for an awfully long time, but now there is just nothing else. You boost because you want money or you get boosted because you want achievements, that's the whole story. PVP for fun? LOL, it isn't fun, it isn't rewarding, just PVE or unsub. Thanks, Legion, for ruining it all, thanks, BFA, for doing nothing of note to alter that and continuing being the shithole, and thank you, the Q&A, for spending twenty minutes telling us that you won't do this and won't do that trying to justify not doing things with incoherent, illogical, insulting nonsense.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-01-31 at 08:51 AM.

Deleted
    solo que isnt gonna IMPROVE THE GAME.. just adding a solo que wont make pvp suddenly more fun

also its not as easy to implement.. you dont want to be matched with random classes/specs(even if its healer+2 dps) cuz its gonna be random as shit.. but if you were to be able to choose what specs you wanna play with the que times will be SUPER LONG

they should improve the game instead of making it look better when its not by adding solo que and shit like that
    It would however remove the need for players who want to do a few rated games per week but don't have time to commit to a guild or a group to spend 10-20-30 minutes trying to join or form a group with guess what (mostly random classes and specs as they apply to join the group)

All I have seen in all the pvp answers is just a major "Screw you, we don't care enough about PVP"

"In other games that have solo queue, there is a lot more flexibility to change your composition" - What fucking flexibility? The fact is that you CAN have flexibility but that's in organized groups in other games also. In rated solo queues in other games people are picking whatever hero they want to play most of the time.

"Solo queue would produce a frustrating experience." - This is the most retarded argument ever. Maybe if you only had rated solo queues. And not even then.

Deleted

amazing, everything you just said is wrong

it would improve the game, nobody cares about arenas, participation numbers are at all-time low, in every other mmo majority of playerbase prefers quick solo experience, which is absolute garbage in WoW because of several factors, mostly:
    -non-existent matchmaking (facing 10-15 men premades violating the rules and blizzard not giving a crap, hell even 5 men premades usually dominate games because its too easy to gangbang enemies one by one)
    -horrible gearing (maybe fixed in BfA? we will see)
    -huge faction imbalance causing many problems (issue not even acknowledged by blizz)
    -no rewards, no personal progression
    -leavers, afkers, toxic players

Most of these issues are fixed by solo queue BGs, where you get "rating" based on your performance. Toxic players can enjoy their "ELO hell", you will be matched with players who perform similarly, faction imbalance wont be an issue because your rating will rise&fall in your faction, so even losing against all those "pros" who faction changed to horde because of OP racials wont bother you that much.

Even now, when sun shines upon me and I enter that special unicorn type of game that no premades queued for I see huge difference in a quality of game, its more fun and engaging than getting raped by 3 DPS who nuke me 2 seconds after I attack their healer from the stealth.

And its incredibly easy to implement. Random BGs are a random shitshows anyway, and statistically only premades bring more than 2 healers. I can brainfart rating system of my head for solo queue BGs in one afternoon.

"Solo queue would produce a frustrating experience." Thats Ion admitting "random BGs" are currently just pure garbage and frustrating experience. Its what people want to play the most and what is his answer? Yeah, its frustrating experience, so we are going to make it easier for you to get into game mode you dont want to play.

Thanks bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    amazing, everything you just said is wrong

it would improve the game, nobody cares about arenas, participation numbers are at all-time low, in every other mmo majority of playerbase prefers quick solo experience, which is absolute garbage in WoW because of several factors, mostly:
    -non-existent matchmaking (facing 10-15 men premades violating the rules and blizzard not giving a crap, hell even 5 men premades usually dominate games because its too easy to gangbang enemies one by one)
    -horrible gearing (maybe fixed in BfA? we will see)
    -huge faction imbalance causing many problems (issue not even acknowledged by blizz)
    -no rewards, no personal progression
    -leavers, afkers, toxic players

ppl want solo que arenas not bgs.. no one cares about rbgs regardless of them being solo or not.. participation is at all time low cuz the game is bad and solo que wont IMPROVE THE GAME.. it will still stay boring as fuck regardless

about performance: if you will get two trash classes that dont work as a comp you will be losing all the time, cuz your own performance means way less than it used to mean back in the days.. unless they drastically change the game solo que will be a joke, but if they going to actually make the game better you wont even need solo que

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah no solo que is just going to keep people like me away from rated PvP. Had your chance Blizz but ya blew it!

Deleted
    ppl want solo que arenas not bgs.. no one cares about rbgs regardless of them being solo or not.. participation is at all time low cuz the game is bad and solo que wont IMPROVE THE GAME.. it will still stay boring as fuck regardless

about performance: if you will get two trash classes that dont work as a comp you will be losing all the time, cuz your own performance means way less than it used to mean back in the days.. unless they drastically change the game solo que will be a joke, but if they going to actually make the game better you wont even need solo que
    how is that in any way related to solo queue for BGs? nobody cares about rbgs because they are horror to organize, most people would play solo queue BGs even without any ranking system, do you even visit official wow forums? BG sections are filled with requests to introduce proper solo queue to BGs

"game is bad" is not an argument, try to come up with something relevant