Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can We Still Do Transmog Solo Runs for old Dungeons/Raids due to scaling?

hey everyone. just wanted to ask because I have seen some conflicting reports. is transmog running now requiring groups or made the older dungeons even harder now due to level scaling? just worried now because a lot of the time I do tend to do it solo and don't want to rely on folks just to do that for appearances.

thanks guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    hey everyone. just wanted to ask because I have seen some conflicting reports. is transmog running now requiring groups or made the older dungeons even harder now due to level scaling? just worried now because a lot of the time I do tend to do it solo and don't want to rely on folks just to do that for appearances.

thanks guys.
    I soloed Dragon Soul,ulduar and Mogu'shan vaults yesterday with 0 probs, so at least till Pandaria is ez.

Tomorrow I'll try Draenor.

The soloing issues seem to have been mostly fixed now. The main problem, which I don't believe has been addressed, is that you are now forced to use personal loot when running old dungeons, which means it is now impossible to collect anything other than the gear intended for your loot spec when soloing. No RP gear, no transmog farming, just whatever's on the loot table for your specific class. The only way around it would be to bring someone else along with you and hope whatever you're after drops for them so that they can trade it.

I did BRF mythic on my 950 prot pala yesterday. (Not surprisingly) no issues at all. Gonna try HFC mythic today.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    ...The main problem, which I don't believe has been addressed, is that you are now forced to use personal loot when running old dungeons, which means it is now impossible to collect anything other than the gear intended for your loot spec when soloing. No RP gear, no transmog farming, just whatever's on the loot table for your specific class. The only way around it would be to bring someone else along with you and hope whatever you're after drops for them so that they can trade it.
    I can not confirm that. Yesterday i had everything drop from cloth to plate armor and all kinds of weapons i couldnt equip. *shrug*
    Unless you're only talking about actual dungeons and not raids. In which case.. disregard what i said
    Last edited by Shaktard; 2018-01-31 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post
    I can not confirm that. Yesterday i had everything drop from cloth to plate armor and all kinds of weapons i couldnt equip. *shrug*
    Unless you're only talking about actual dungeons and not raids. In which case.. disregard what i said
    It's specifically for 5-man dungeons. Raids still drop everything.

Well.. that sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    The soloing issues seem to have been mostly fixed now. The main problem, which I don't believe has been addressed, is that you are now forced to use personal loot when running old dungeons, which means it is now impossible to collect anything other than the gear intended for your loot spec when soloing. No RP gear, no transmog farming, just whatever's on the loot table for your specific class. The only way around it would be to bring someone else along with you and hope whatever you're after drops for them so that they can trade it.
    not sure if it works, but have you tried making a party in partyfinder, upgrading to a raid, then zoning in a dungeon? change from personal to group or master looter.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my experience, raids are personal loot also (WoD atleast)

The way I got over it was to create a private group and set to raid so that I could choose group loot option, beware that sometimes it will kick you from the group finder for being inactive and it will reset you to Personal Loot again.
    Speciation Is Gradual

so the dungeons/raids weren't affected really then?

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    In my experience, raids are personal loot also (WoD atleast)

The way I got over it was to create a private group and set to raid so that I could choose group loot option, beware that sometimes it will kick you from the group finder for being inactive and it will reset you to Personal Loot again.
    WoD isn’t WoW legacy. I believe during BfA WoD will become legacy

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    so the dungeons/raids weren't affected really then?
    They were very much affected, BWL is scaled with 40 man in mind, So it took me awhile to kill each boss as a lvl 85. But i guess it shoulden't be a problem if you're 110

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    But it also makes loot far more targetable for actual transmog as there's generally less clutter on the loot tables.

The only issue I have between 7.3 (only applied on Eastern Kingdoms dungeons) and 7.3.5 personal loot is that it's no longer 100% guaranteed an item when solo.

Other downside is that generally more rings/necks/capes are on loot tables due to their stat reworks.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-31 at 09:33 AM.

Deleted
    Solo issues are fixed, Draenor is even easier than before, so some classes can do it on higher difficulty

wonderfull very beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    But it also makes loot far more targetable for actual transmog as there's generally less clutter on the loot tables.

The only issue I have between 7.3 (only applied on Eastern Kingdoms dungeons) and 7.3.5 personal loot is that it's no longer 100% guaranteed an item when solo.

Other downside is that generally more rings/necks/capes are on loot tables due to their stat reworks.
    The problem is that there's no option to toggle between loot rules, which seems very silly considering you could always do this in the past (and still can for raids). Hopefully they add this back in as an option at some point, because it's a big detriment to roleplayers and people seeking offspec transmogs right now.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    To clarify, raids from SoO and on are forcing personal loot and require the use of an alt/friend for forming a raid group to enable master loot. Prior raids are not effected by the shit tier loot changes they just introduced for 5 mans. Not yet anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    To clarify, raids from SoO and on are forcing personal loot and require the use of an alt/friend for forming a raid group to enable master loot. Prior raids are not effected by the shit tier loot changes they just introduced for 5 mans. Not yet anyways.
    So.. two days ago i got the full range of loot from bosses in mythic BRF, today i get 1 item...

Thanks blizzard! Great and totally needed change! :thumbsup:

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Plot twist - the current live version of the game is slowly [de]evolving into HD Vanilla. The Classic Server alternatives are a lie! Every server will be classic with all the terrible mechanics from that time that the nostalgia crowd constantly forgets about.

Dun dun DUUUNNN!

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Wow, really? That's awful. I hope that's a bug, since I could initially use group loot just fine in WoD raids post-7.3.5.

I've stopped running dungeons for now hoping for a chance or atleast a fucking explaination. They can change it for low level groups leveling up, but let us choose loot setting if we're doing transmog runs.