10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    You'd be surprised about the sim. Changing the game to high priority in task manager, making sure everything that can be closed is, and optimizing your frame rate lock to as high as possible but it can NEVER dip. Here are mine, not counting what you have to do in geforce settings if you have an nvidia card:
    I've done all those things, in fact I made a post last year going through all this. My PC is one I had to buy stock in a hurry based on what I could afford and what was available at the time, since my old PC literally blew up. It's just not as good as I wanted it to be.

I join a KotH map that is in progress. My team are all dps so I pick Mercy. Turns out my team is getting farmed at our spawn. I stand there keeping everyone up, and we make no progress and then I get the message that if I don't do anything soon, I will get kicked for inactivity :P

- - - Updated - - -

Really wish I could play No Limits mode whenever I want to for the extra loot boxes. It's like the only brawl mode I think is fun.

Someone just wrote "die in a storm" as an "insult" to another player. haha.
    Last edited by Explicit Teemo Nudes; 2018-01-30 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Really wish I could play No Limits mode whenever I want to for the extra loot boxes. It's like the only brawl mode I think is fun.
    Weird, imo Total Mayhem is way more enjoyable since you can't get instagib as fast as quick play. Of course some heroes are annoying to deal with (Winston >.>), yet there's so many things going on at the same it is...A total mayhem. Marvelous.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Starting to wonder what the point is of even having a rating system when there's little to no difference between people at 3200 compared to those I played with/against when I was gold...
    The problem is that the system is buffered to make it really hard to stay in Bronze/Silver.

Bronze - 6%
    Silver - 22%
    Gold - 34%
    Platinum - 23%
    Diamond - 10%
    Master - 3%
    Grandmaster - <1%

This should look more like:

Bronze - 25%
    Silver - 21%
    Gold - 20%
    Platinum - 20%
    Diamond - 10%
    Master - 3%
    Grandmaster - <1%
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2018-01-30 at 10:20 PM.

Well, you all know I like bitching about the SR system, and being screwed over since sucking in s1...

I've always been for a team player, fill what you need to fill, ask people to swap or make a suggestion instead of telling them.

Well to fucking hell with that now, I placed at 1800 this season and fell down to 1700 back up to 1750, one night I sat down and decided lets do it, voice coms, politeness everything. Every fucking game was lost and I dropped down to 1400.

So last week I decided to hell with it, if we need a tank I'll play roadhog or not at all, if I'm not tanking it I'm stick to bastion / 76 / reaper and that's that I don't care any more. People make stupid picks? I call them out on it. I'm not toxic, but I'm putting my foot down to incompetence in that elo.

And you know what? It worked, in less than a week playing 2-3 games at a time I've stuck to those 4 and won nearly every single one. I've climbed to 2100 and most games I'm still playing are landslide victories. I'm now back to proper communicating and filling, but the games are 1000x more enjoyable, I've only one troll so far since 1950 ish.

Playing DPS has always been the best way to climb until you hit where you should be.

It is known.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Playing DPS has always been the best way to climb until you hit where you should be.

It is known.
    Unfortunately this is true. Playing heals other than Moira (incorrectly at that) will net you lower SR gains and higher SR losses. Which is really fucked up if you think about how you rely on your team more than any other role. It's why I went through such a monumental effort to learn how to play hitscan better this season after quitting in the middle of last season.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolute fucking joke tonight, reported literally a dozen players for throwing. 11 match loss streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Absolute fucking joke tonight, reported literally a dozen players for throwing. 11 match loss streak.
    I'm on day 5 of this losing streak crap. I probably just need to take a break from the game. Getting way to upset to play right now after working my way above 2500 to fall down to around 2100. That kind of a drop doesn't show a working system to me.

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Weird, imo Total Mayhem is way more enjoyable since you can't get instagib as fast as quick play. Of course some heroes are annoying to deal with (Winston >.>), yet there's so many things going on at the same it is...A total mayhem. Marvelous.
    Total Mayhem is fun now and then, but it goes on way too long if you want your lootboxes fast so you can play other games other than OW, and yeah, always someone picking Winston or Zarya to make it a lot more boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Total Mayhem is fun now and then, but it goes on way too long if you want your lootboxes fast so you can play other games other than OW, and yeah, always someone picking Winston or Zarya to make it a lot more boring.
    Well yeah, if the goal was to get your weekly boxes fast, Mayhem may not be the best idea, indeed. To each their own though.
    *imagine Competitive Total Mayhem*
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Unfortunately this is true. Playing heals other than Moira (incorrectly at that) will net you lower SR gains and higher SR losses. Which is really fucked up if you think about how you rely on your team more than any other role. It's why I went through such a monumental effort to learn how to play hitscan better this season after quitting in the middle of last season.
    Not my experience, I seem to do pretty well out of Mercy, Zen and Ana. Not played any Moira in competitive, she's so often locked in and I'm happy with those other three options.

Anyway, wish at this point they'd just revert Mercy, Valk feels like shit now and Res is still strong where it's been strong since the rework; defending and koth.

Back to loving Moira. I like the different options for her Ult, small little intricacies that don't seem important but can turn a fight. Do you damage, do you heal, do you have the preemptive ability to expect big incoming damage? For an Ult, do you throw damage orb and concentrate on healing or damage beam? Do you throw healing orb and focus on damage or healing beam? Do you hunt down someone running away or let them go? Do you beam a Valk'd Mercy or try to get down that last tank on the payload? Do you act as a flanker and try to take out inexperienced support players or do you work as an antiflanker dueling Tracers before running to your team.
    Small little details like that make her pretty fun.
    On a different note, it's depressing how many people think Winston is a counter to Tracer. I still hear people say we need a monkey for her. Tracer doesn't really have any true counters. The closest thing to one is a Torb, qnd even then it's just because of the auto tracking turret. Just like Winston, a good Tracer is going to make it a nonfactor.
    Also, it's crazy how many Widow's I'm seeing lately. There is usually 1 in every game now.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2018-01-31 at 07:24 PM.

Someone please just tell me why the fuck 2 cp maps exist. They are pure garbage. Always 45min and ends in a draw. Does someone actually enjoy these, or is it a big fuck you from blizzard to the players...also somehow those 2 cp maps are every other match...fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Not my experience.
    If you can't climb by OTP'ing DPS and carrying your team then you are at the rank you should be at.

Take this as gospel because many people have done whatever rank to whatever rank challenges, including myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    If you can't climb by OTP'ing DPS and carrying your team then you are at the rank you should be at.

Take this as gospel because many people have done whatever rank to whatever rank challenges, including myself.
    Yep, rank I'm at is the lowest it's ever been, I spent the last two seasons over 500SR higher. Definitely the rank I should be at. Fuck sake dude, rank I'm at is a result of about 50 games, compared to 500-1000, maybe more past few seasons. Learn about sample size and averages. This season has been inexplicably shit with a more throwers and griefers than I ever remember.

Further 'you should gain more SR than you lose and you'll climb'. I gain 10-15 more SR from a win than from a loss. But guess if I can't fucking win because of asshattery, then I can't make much use of the net gains.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2018-02-01 at 01:24 PM.

This season Was okay Till the Patch with the skins Hit. Since then I lost over 300 points, get only 1 good game and then 4 Bad again. Every second Match is a Widow with nova skin and Guess what: Not a good Widow

Curb stomping everything on soldier lately. Still not GM though.

einlee on deviantart

I would really like another Soldier-like hero in the game. Maybe someone with a jump pack.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2018-02-01 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Much more normal tonight, can totally carry at this level with basically anyone so long as there aren't people actively throwing. Back up nearly 150SR.

HAd a few good games the last 2 days but apparently I'm getting to close to Plat again as I am now getting grouped with people that have no idea what they are doing.