Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Who's idea was it to make new races tied to the boring argus rep?

Title.

How are we supposed to get rep from argus factions when they all come from world quests? Argus is the worst zone of all that Blizzard has ever done, not only can't you fly there, the zone is also packed so it seems like you can't take 2 steps before agroing 20 mobs that won't let you mount up unless you kill them all .

0 logic behind it, at least give us the ability to grind rep by kiiling those said mobs

you get 2000 charity rep with each of the two factions for free every week. And then probably 3000+ from each per week from Order Hall missions. It takes no time at all, especially given the huge buff to rep gain.

I love how the first snap responses are the usual "ITS A GAEM GUISE ITS SPOSED TO TAEK TIEM AND FEEL WURF".

Real talk, they made the reputations that way to shit on anyone that enjoys fun. On top of busting 50$ and potentially 25$ for a race change, you also have to get exalted with two asinine reputations just to access reskins of races already put in the game.

Anyone falling for the Allied Race trap card is getting fucked in the asshole with Chance the Stallion sans lube.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a one time, account wide thing.

Aren't all the requirements for the Allied Races pretty much equal?
    Imagine you're a fresh account. Unlocking Highmountain and Nightborne will take just as much time if not more to unlock with the rep grind and the meta achievement requirements.

Maybe Lightforged Draenei actually having it easer since the Argus campaign is pretty straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post

Imagine you're a fresh account. Unlocking Highmountain and Nightborne will take just as much time if not more to unlock with the rep grind and the meta achievement requirements.

Maybe Lightforged Draenei actually having it easer since the Argus campaign is pretty straightforward.
    But... He isn't a fresh account. That's the problem. Who gives a shit about the perspective from a fresh account all of a sudden? Where is this massive influx of new players buying boosts and/or leveling through low level content to get to level cap?

The perspective that matters is the perspective of the returning customer. Or atleast it should, I have no idea why you people seemed convinced that the only gameplay experience that matters is a newbies. Though it's completely indicative of the narrative Blizzard wants everyone to believe.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

I came back to wow in November, started fresh char end of November - i have flying and i done all zones (have the loremaster). I am exalted with nightborne, nearly exalted with highmountein, but im just about to get revered with argus. It really is just time gated, because most wqs gives 75 rep only, even if you try to grind it every day and 2/3 of argus zone have more army of light wqs. So i can see it being easy if you played whole legion, you would get it with emmisaries, however its nowhere comparable with other reputations (just the argus i mean). Also you only get the good order hall missions later as you develop, while nightfallen gives you good amounts simply by doing the campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    But... He isn't a fresh account. That's the problem. Who gives a shit about the perspective from a fresh account all of a sudden? Where is this massive influx of new players buying boosts and/or leveling through low level content to get to level cap?

The perspective that matters is the perspective of the returning customer. Or atleast it should, I have no idea why you people seemed convinced that the only gameplay experience that matters is a newbies. Though it's completely indicative of the narrative Blizzard wants everyone to believe.
    +1
    New playes will go play MOBA and/or PUBG.

Deleted
    How about *gasp* STORY?!

It's still a fucking RPG.

15+ Year Old Account
    Takes a month max to reach exalted, how slow are you?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted

If your fresh account gamer is not interested in playing through the story, then he has probably chosen the wrong game.

"I dont want to do anything to earn these races, therefore the requirements are boring and asinine"

This topic was beaten to death in a 100 threads already, by many people who left legion or didn't play it at all. There is no point in complaining about it, play the current legion content to get access to these Legion related races or don't and play with the other races ingame. The choice is yours.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    - Argus has been out for a long time now.
    - There's tons of rep from WQ that offer BoA rep tokens (yes Bind on Account by default) = 500 rep
    (Mail your tokens to your desired character, or save up tokens for darkmoon faire or human buffs)

- Order hall board missions that offer 250+750 rep = 1000 rep
    - Emmisary - 1500 rep
    - Weekly quests - Recently buffed to 1000
    - BoA rep tokens from invasion bosses (7.3.5)
    - Argus Rare Elite WQ offer both reps now (7.3.5)
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-31 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    How about *gasp* STORY?!

It's still a fucking RPG.
    LOL that's pretty goddamn laughable when you take 5 seconds to actually understand the plot of Legion and how we even got here (Give you a hint, by way of WoD).

Sit back for a second son and listen here. When Blizzard starts giving a fuck about their story, that's when you should start giving a fuck about it. Until then, the one off Nightborn storylines or the halfassed Orderhall storylines fall flat when you take a look at the narrative and plot for the whole fucking game.

Shit it was confirmed that lorewise the time between each expansion is 1 year. 1 fucking year between Cata and MoP, MoP and WoD, then another year between WoD and Legion. Because that makes so much fucking sense -eyeroll-.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Who's idea was it to make new races tied to the boring argus rep?
    Mine

/10char

10+ Year Old Account

Well I'm not trying to give the new player perspective preach, what I was trying to say is that (I'm assuming here) the OP has gradually unlocked most if not all of the stuff for the other races during his Legion playtime (since it specifically states Argus in his comment) and is now faced with a rep grind he did not complete yet. And is now arguing that the unlock for that race sucks.

My counter was that all of the unlocks are pretty much equal - if seen from a view that where one has made zero progression on any of the requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    "I dont want to do anything to earn these races, therefore the requirements are boring and asinine"

This topic was beaten to death in a 100 threads already, by many people who left legion or didn't play it at all. There is no point in complaining about it, play the current legion content to get access to these Legion related races or don't and play with the other races ingame. The choice is yours.
    "I need my gameplay to be goal oriented through earning, otherwise I don't get a dopamine release when I play my game."

The topic was beaten to death in a thousand threads already, by people who for still some reason play Legion. Perhaps it's because the endless farm reputation or RNG legendary drops that further their urge for mundane, soulless content devoid of thought or interest. Regardless, they choose to live in their lie, with the need to create rewards from something to fill the void of nothing.

LOL that's pretty goddamn laughable when you take 5 seconds to actually understand the plot of Legion and how we even got here (Give you a hint, by way of WoD).

Sit back for a second son and listen here. When Blizzard starts giving a fuck about their story, that's when you should start giving a fuck about it. Until then, the one off Nightborn storylines or the halfassed Orderhall storylines fall flat when you take a look at the narrative and plot for the whole fucking game.

Shit it was confirmed that lorewise the time between each expansion is 1 year. 1 fucking year between Cata and MoP, MoP and WoD, then another year between WoD and Legion. Because that makes so much fucking sense -eyeroll-.
    Just because you don't like the story or whether the story is bad or not does not negate the fact that the game is an RPG and things in the game do happen for story reasons, even if you think they're shitty story reasons.

More importantly, since the inception of the game, there has always been incentive to get Exalted with nearly every faction in the game. Not sure why this is suddenly a surprise or a whine-inducing problem. If grinding rep isn't your thing, then neither is WoW.

"I need my gameplay to be goal oriented through earning, otherwise I don't get a dopamine release when I play my game."

The topic was beaten to death in a thousand threads already, by people who for still some reason play Legion. Perhaps it's because the endless farm reputation or RNG legendary drops that further their urge for mundane, soulless content devoid of thought or interest. Regardless, they choose to live in their lie, with the need to create rewards from something to fill the void of nothing.
    Oh my bad, I responded to you like you were here having a serious discussion, but between this and your sig I presume the reality is you just hate WoW and want to piss on the game and its players as much as possible?

Deleted

First, I am female and definitively not a girl anymore. Hint. There is a female name in my nickname.

Sorry, you must be a troll. Cannot take someone seriously with that kind of profile and signature. Don't like the game, fine, but shut up and leave. You know, the only sensible reaction if you value your lifetime to some degree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Title.

How are we supposed to get rep from argus factions when they all come from world quests? Argus is the worst zone of all that Blizzard has ever done, not only can't you fly there, the zone is also packed so it seems like you can't take 2 steps before agroing 20 mobs that won't let you mount up unless you kill them all .

0 logic behind it, at least give us the ability to grind rep by kiiling those said mobs
    I completed both a couple months ago and I took a month off between the 2. It wasnt that hard to do.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

Well I'm not trying to give the new player perspective preach, what I was trying to say is that (I'm assuming here) the OP has gradually unlocked most if not all of the stuff for the other races during his Legion playtime (since it specifically states Argus in his comment) and is now faced with a rep grind he did not complete yet. And is now arguing that the unlock for that race sucks.

My counter was that all of the unlocks are pretty much equal - if seen from a view that where one has made zero progression on any of the requirements.
    And my counter is that Nightfallen was significantly nerfed after 7.2 when they allowed for a massive amount of their WQs to be completed without progressing the story. My counter is that you can start HM tauren rep at level 100.

It's not really that difficult to notice the differences between the Horde and Alliance unlock processes. They are far from equal right now, even if you are a fresh character. Another notable difference is Kirin Tor day, but everyone likes to pretend that doesn't exist anyway.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny people still bitching that they still have to put a modicum of effort into a game to get a reward..