Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Obviously. It’s a well-loved character model that the Alliance have been begging for since it was created.

Hordes population is taking a hit because of it, I’ve already seen one of my friends faction change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Obviously. It’s a well-loved character model that the Alliance have been begging for since it was created.

Horde’s population is taking a hit because of it, already seen one of my friends faction change.
    Let them. A Void Elf looks like a Blood Elf/High Elf but is not a Blood Elf/High Elf.

The thematic integrity of our faction has been preserved at least. And we did get Nightborne (reskinned Night Elves) as compensation.

If people want to play a proper High Elf they still have to come to us.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always a reason to whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Still you have to admit, the Void Elves are a success for a thalassian model on the Alliance side.
    I wil only make a judgement when we are in BfA and have data on level 120 characters.

Right now, most people won't have anything to do but level up allied races. In a few months, everyone and their mother will have leveled at least one, and void elves/nightborne have more appeal than their competition.

Only when real content comes out and we have to choose our main and get it leveled and geared ready for top content we will truly gauge how popular the allied races are.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2018-01-31 at 01:07 PM.
    Whatever...

There's more than I expected since their supposedly "OP" racial is complete garbage.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I expect a ton of Void Elf (Shadow) Priest, Nightborne (Arcane) Mage.

I tend to stick with the more uncommon race/class combos lately so probably won't roll either of those combinations.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sucks having to be exalted to get them tho, gonna take me a good long month or more to get that grind :/
    I paid for it, give it to me xD

5+ Year Old Account
    so far at lvl 30, every nightbourne i come across is male, and every highmountain tauren has the 'largest horns' option lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Let them. A Void Elf looks like a Blood Elf/High Elf but is not a Blood Elf/High Elf.

The thematic integrity of our faction has been preserved at least. And we did get Nightborne (reskinned Night Elves) as compensation.

If people want to play a proper High Elf they still have to come to us.
    Nightborne are poor compensation considering they look nothing like they’re supposed to, at least in the face. Visually they’re a poor mans Night Elf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    It doesn't matter where you're leveling... every zone is flooded with void elves.Sometimes you see a lightforged Draenei but they seem to appear at the same rate as old races.
    How's the situation on horde side? Everything's flooded with drug elves?
    What did you seriously expect? Blood Elves make up the majority of the Horde population, so it's no surprise people roll them on Alliance as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    so far at lvl 30, every nightbourne i come across is male, and every highmountain tauren has the 'largest horns' option lol
    mine is female!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    There's more than I expected since their supposedly "OP" racial is complete garbage.
    No delay on casting from taking damage? A free 5% damage/healing proc? Some extra mobility on a 3 min CD? Yeah, seems hella garbage ;D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Sucks having to be exalted to get them tho, gonna take me a good long month or more to get that grind :/
    I paid for it, give it to me xD
    Takes like 2-3 weeks of non tryharding to get exalted with Argussian Reach, I did it myself recently

Deleted
    Warcraft will be 90% Elves in BfA.

Even worse than BC, yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    No delay on casting from taking damage? A free 5% damage/healing proc? Some extra mobility on a 3 min CD? Yeah, seems hella garbage ;D
    I was referring to the mobility racial. A lot of people expected it to be like demonic circle. It's actually just blink on a 3 minute cooldown, pretty useless really.

It's so funny watching the super insecure people shouting 'emo' and edgelord'

...I was the same at 14, that's why I rolled a human.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Horray, finally all the blood elf kids can go back to alliance and give us the Horde as it once was.

NO MORE PRETTY RACES FOR HORDE! Let the horde be what it is. A bunch of scruffy, dirty underdogs who just barely manages to hang in there (lore wise obviously).
    Don't worry, my void elves will only be a distraction. My BE characters will be staying where they are.

Though I also have to add that the amount of Tauren and Troll characters on my account will also increase. Can't wait to get me some Zandalari trolls. :3

Deleted
    Horray, finally all the blood elf kids can go back to alliance and give us the Horde as it once was.

NO MORE PRETTY RACES FOR HORDE! Let the horde be what it is. A bunch of scruffy, dirty underdogs who just barely manages to hang in there (lore wise obviously).
    I'll second that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I wil only make a judgement when we are in BfA and we have data on level 120 characters.

Right now, most people won't have anything to do but level up allied races. In a few months, everyone and their mother will have leveled at least one, and void elves/nightborne have more appeal than their competition.

Only when real content comes out and we have to choose our main and get it leveled and geared ready for top content we will truly gauge how popular the allied races are.
    I won't. As someone who collects the physical CE I am out of luck unless Blizzard throws me a bone or we get to launch day.

Yet the data is clear, Void Elves are the most popular Allied race. They are a success. All the players we were told over the years would jump at the chance to make a High Elf are currently doing so for a Void Elf, a close enough Elf.

Although if the Void Elves flood the Alliance in the end and we end up with World of Elfcraft that will be a shame. Remember I felt one elf race per faction was enough. Let us hope that we do not regret this choice in the end.

well war mongering hater races tend to be scruffy and evil is always ugly... so yeah
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    well war mongering hater races tend to be scruffy and evil is always ugly... so yeah
    I wonder what its like living life as a shallow, superficial, easily manipulated tool of the aristocracy. Maybe you can shed some light on that since you're deep in the trenches on that one.