Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A few things for me.

It's my money.
    $50 USD is such an inconsequential amount of money that it makes no difference.
    Its a prebuy of something i would buy anyways.
    I get some immediate rewards that i will use prior to the expansion coming out.
    It's my money.
    Blizzard has yet to personally disappoint me, and Legion was so much fun that i will happily support Blizzard again, if Legion was WOD 2.0, i might be more hesitant.
    To make OP madder, im actually getting the digital copy of the normal version, and the physical copy of the collector's edition. Again, the money is inconsequential for the extra time to level an Allied Race and pick a main for BFA.
    It's my money.
    If this was a game from EA/Ubisoft (i wont even buy a single title from that trashtier studio)/Gearbox i would not preorder it, but this is from one of the only studios to basically never disappoint me. I will wholly support Blizzard in their games until such a time as they radically disappoint me as a player.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    And people express their opinion by disagreeing so clearly they're all "gaggle of fanboys". Even you saying are attempting to speak for everyone...Seems to be calling the kettle black...
    Ever tried thinking before posting? Go look up any activity statistics for WoW. Player activity drops radically 1-2 months after an expansion is released.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    There are plenty of musicians whose new albums I buy without listening to them first because I love their work.
    This.
    Also, I buy a lot of things on Amazon under the impression that they will be working and/or otherwise suit my needs/wants.
    If it's backlogged and won't be in stock for a couple weeks, I'm still charged, and that's okay because I trust the company to fulfill their stated promise.
    A lot of times I don't actually know what will happen, but rather rely on reviews and such to hope it's good, then I wait the allotted time for it to arrive to find out.
    Sure, it's different in that Blizz could pack up shop and call it a day and I'm out my cash, but so could any other prepay company.

Changing the video game model by not prepurchasing isn't really a viable argument.
    Given Blizz's track record for delivering prepurchased xpacs (which I've done for all but MoP due to an extended break in Cata), I feel comfortable in giving money now and relying on them to deliver the xpac on or before their posted date.
    Even if it's delayed for whatever reason, it's fine.

The only thing that would cause hesitation is if it simply said "Preorder BfA now!" and gave no indication as to even an estimated release date until AFTER you pay.
    That's not the case, so it's fine.
    The revolution will just have to wait for another opportunity.

yeah ok.. not i'll pre-order a digital deluxe and a hard copy CE, maybe 2 digital delux's since i have 2 accounts just to keep the trend going. Why? because i want 2 and every iteration of WoW has been great for me. I've never had a content drought personally, even in WoD i could have gone another year and not been done with things I wanted to do in game.

heck the even gave us a potential release date this time around which is shocking.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    We don't pre-order new films 10 months out. We read the reviews, see the trailers, make an educated decision and hand over our money at the box office on the day we see it. The video game industry has it far too good skating by on promises. In any other industry you work to deliver something before you get paid.
    We do buy season passes for sports teams, theater and the opera, and like that. Season/annual passes to amusement parks, zoos, museums, etc. have been popular for a long time, even in seasons/years that there may be changes of management, extensive remodeling, natural disasters, and other things that substantially change the nature of what we're buying access to. We give and receive gifts. We subscribe to magazines and newspapers, even though they may change in unwelcome ways over the course of one or several years, and we almost never get any money back for that. The entire commodities market is all about commitments to buy and sell for price X at time T, sometime in the future. We take out mortgages and loans.

There are sensible arguments in favor of waiting on pre-ordering video games, and in fact I almost always do. Like others here, about the only exception I make is for WoW expansions. But if waiting is a good idea, you have to make an argument based on the specifics, because as you see, spending money in advance for things we want is a really common human behavior that quite often works out well, and your "in any other industry" claim is simply, well, wrong. Really wrong. As wrong as a very wrong thing.

Deleted
    So the last patch will have still lasted a year by when BfA comes out. They create the illusion of a “shorter drought” with the reskins and prolonged leveling and thats it..

Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    So the last patch will have still lasted a year by when BfA comes out. They create the illusion of a “shorter drought” with the reskins and prolonged leveling and thats it..

Hahahaha
    Depending on how you count (Antorus raid opening or 7.3.5 release it will probably be somewhere between 7-8 months till the prepatch, and a month after that BfA release which is actually quite good for Blizzards doing

We don't pre-order new films 10 months out. We read the reviews, see the trailers, make an educated decision and hand over our money at the box office on the day we see it. The video game industry has it far too good skating by on promises. In any other industry you work to deliver something before you get paid.
    Many people buy early tickets for movies, and many more wish they could get into early screenings/tests. The rest of the post aside, this is an awful example.

OT: I also won't let you bait me and will say plainly that I am preordering specifically for the bonuses that are there now. I will gladly spend between now and release (September if necessary) enjoying the new allied races.

Deleted
    I can already anticipate the replies; "It's my money, I'll can do whatever the hell I want!" or "I want the preorder bonuses". OK, fine, but I just thought I'd throw out a couple of bullet points as to why you should hold your wallet closed for now:

• Digital scarcity isn't real. Multi-billion-dollar corporations don't deserve your money until you have a functional product installable on your hard drive.
    • Having a majority of their subscriber base say en-masse "No, give us a product first you pricks..." Might actually light a fire under Blizzard's arse towards getting BfA out the door quicker and not taking us for granted.
    • It'll finally send a message to Blizzard after 5 expansions in a row that 10+ months of sweet fuck-all to do after the last raid tier just isn't good enough for a live game with a subscription model.

Basically, I'd recommend waiting. We need to restructure the power dynamic between consumers and game publishers. A large element of that is not paying for products until we can actually purchase the product. Don't buy BfA yet folks.
    I did pre-purchase because (to counter your arguments, in order):

1) They DO deserve my money before the actual product, cause they have been proving themself worthy. Like I would pre-purchase Witcher 4 in a hearthbeat ( I know it's not comming) but ill think twice about a fallout 5.
    2) I don't think releasing content faster will make it better. You will most likely be the first that will say... I rather have a finished product than this buggy mess and make a forum post on mmo-champion about it even tho you are now saying you want it faster.
    3) You like over-reacting dont you? Since the last tier released you had nothing to do already? I am still busy clearing mythic Antornus and will be busy with it for a while. They also gave us scale leveling and if you pre-purchased the sub-classes that go with it. And its only 8 months away now.

Just go away, thnx kk bb

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't pre-order, unless I trust the developer. Currently, only Blizzard has earned that trust. Perhaps Valve as well, if they didn't seemingly stop making games.

It's also important to check the publisher. They are very much part of the development. If I see Ubisoft or EA being the publisher, I wait for a while after the release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    A word of advice:

Stop telling people at large what they "should" and "should not" be doing with their time and money. Mind your own business.

You're part of what's wrong with the world.
    I would vote for you 4 president

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Pre-order for me, personally, makes the most sense. It gives me early access to the Allied Races which in turn gives me something to do during the dreaded content drought between now and BfA. I know I'm going to play BfA in any case so no harm in paying for it somewhat early, and I don't really buy into the more conspiratorial notions of pre-ordering solely benefiting companies to the exclusion of gamers or somehow causing them to "rush" the product in terms of quality.

Make your own decisions based on your own judgments, of course; my situation may not be everyone's. If you're on the fence about playing WoW into BfA I'd suggest you hold off and see what it's like.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

So you want them to rush out an expansion and it be nothing but shit? We don't need another WoD.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    Oh shut up you petulant child. Blizz puts out a great product and I know I'm going to play BFA regardless. Why wouldn't I get the boost and races early access? Go away.
    This is such a perfect response.

@Klingers

Read it until you get it.

15+ Year Old Account
    But i wanna poop around in kultrias

I want to level a void elf, and can do that now if I purchase BfA. Which I was going to do by the end of the year anyway. I can immediately access content that I would've accessed after late September anyway. Now I have until BfA launches to get my void elf to 110 for that sweet heritage armor.

With that in mind, why wouldn't I get BfA now?
    Last edited by TranquilDream; 2018-01-31 at 03:16 PM.

• Having a majority of their subscriber base say en-masse "No, give us a product first you pricks..." Might actually light a fire under Blizzard's arse towards getting BfA out the door quicker and not taking us for granted.
    • It'll finally send a message to Blizzard after 5 expansions in a row that 10+ months of sweet fuck-all to do after the last raid tier just isn't good enough for a live game with a subscription model.
    If they rush BfA out the door, we ARE going to get cut content (like in Warlords. And we know what kinda clown fiesta that was) or improperly tuned classes/dungeons/raids and less time for feedback to change some things. Considering Blizzard knows these things will lead to a very unhappy playerbase, a lack of preorders won't change the timeframe on when BfA will come out. Which is how it should be.

On the third point, They've gotten the memo and it seems they are adapting as they still have stuff planned to come out between now and September. Still not as good as FF14, but it seems like they'll do better than the drought between Mists and WoD. or WoD and Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    It's blizzard. It's going to be a good product.

It depends entirely on what class you play... The content may be all well and good but if the vessel through which you experience that content is a shadow of it's former self, it's not going to be very enjoyable.

Ret got butchered in Legion and so far is only getting worse in BFA, if this keeps up I know damn well I won't be buying it... Them ignoring our feedback for over 2 years about how we detest our lack of mobility (which got reduced further) and general dislike of how the judgment mechanic is handled (overdependance on haste mostly, which is also being made worse) doesn't make me a happy customer, so they aren't getting my money unless they turn it around.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-01-31 at 07:05 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

From reputable companies, I have no issue dropping a pre-order. Especially since I will try it out on the beta and make sure it isn't horrible. Blizzard has not let me down, I doubt BfA will prove different. Plus the pre-order will also unlock a bunch of content now that I would like to do.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

I can already anticipate the replies; "It's my money, I'll can do whatever the hell I want!" or "I want the preorder bonuses". OK, fine, but I just thought I'd throw out a couple of bullet points as to why you should hold your wallet closed for now:

• Digital scarcity isn't real. Multi-billion-dollar corporations don't deserve your money until you have a functional product installable on your hard drive.

Basically, I'd recommend waiting. We need to restructure the power dynamic between consumers and game publishers. A large element of that is not paying for products until we can actually purchase the product. Don't buy BfA yet folks.
    Corrections to your 3 factually wrong points:

1. This is not about digital scarcity, has never been, and was never advertise as that. Everybody knows the product is gonna run anyways, sure I wouldn't suggest it with a new company but let's be real instead of fucking stupid here, it's Blizzard, it's not gonna be broken.

2. Blizzard literally and mathematically does not need our money to finish the production. Not pre-order will NEVER in any way shape or form push Blizzard to release the game earlier, that's incredible backward thinking. Blizzard take us for granted because we have been paying for shit for 13 years straight. Copy/paste of your character for 25$ anyone?

3. The subscription model is not a religion, it is meant to be canceled so you can do something else with your life while there's nothing new yet in-game.

With movies today, many people buy their tickets in advance to make sure they can see it on release day, specially when you live in a very populated city. Video game industry isn't the only industry working that way. Crowdfunding in general is based on the very same principle, not only video games are crowdfunded, there's a lot of stuff out there that you apparently just don't know about.

Those are just facts, no point arguing against them, just learn.

If you really wanna fight, here's MY PERSONNAL STANCE AND OPINION on the subject:
    I don't know enough about BfA yet, I haven't pre-ordered it and don't even know if I will buy it at all, I am currently not subbed and happy but I did enjoy Legion quite a bit.