Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I would like them to apologize with money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    Seeing the bug today made me think how i would react to over 10 years of work and grinding gone in a instant with no way to retrieve it and how i would react.
    So... why don't you tell us how you would react? Kind of weird to ask us and not start by telling your reaction first.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd stop playing. No way I'd come back. I've invested way too much into some of my characters to just start over and forget about it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would demand back the Monetary Value of everything I had ever spent on WoW.

I enjoy World of Warcraft for the content, but as a massive collector I'm really not sure how I'd react.
    I've spent the last 11 years building upon my ever growing collection of rare items, transmog appearances, mounts and companion pets, many of which are no longer available.
    I'd probably still acquire items I feel an immediate desire to have, such as specific transmog sets and mounts, but I'd never attempt to recollect everything.

TL:DR it would severely limit my enjoyment of the game, but it's unlikely that it'd make me quit altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I'll get upset. Quit the game but come back at a later time. Lore is the major reason I'm following WoW after all.

Dev for NEO Impossible Bosses, an RTS-MOBA Raidboss rush game!

Deleted
    Yep, I'd quit.

Part of the reason I still play is a sense of attachment to the characters I've been playing for almost 10 years. That attachment is the reason I still play a Prot Warrior even though it's a shadow of its former self (to me).

Having to restart with none of my titles, mounts, legendary's (not specifically Legion ones), feats of strength and all my stuff that's no longer in the game? No chance in hell.

I'd also likely abuse Blizzard over twitter, not that it would do much.

considering if the .001% chance of that happening i'd expect blizz to to give everyone a max lvl toon(s) with decent gear and with all achieves / feet of strength rewards ever based on when the accounts were active.. I'd be like meh.

if they made everyone start from scratch i'd likely be done.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    There's no way in hell they don't have like 100 mirror servers.
    Indeed, ans most probabbly in different countries/continents as well. No way a billion dollar company will make that mistake. But then again...IF someone knows where they all are AND want to do some harm, they could destroy all hardware.... i ... guess :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    If Blizz accidentally deleted your characters with no way to restore

Lets say Blizz really did fuck up royal and accidentally deleted all your characters with a apology saying there was absolutely no way to retrieve either them or your achievements what would you do?

Would you rage quit the game? Would you carry on playing starting at the beginning? Would you firebomb blizz HQ in a moment of madness or would you scream IAM FINALLY FREE!

Seeing the bug today made me think how i would react to over 10 years of work and grinding gone in a instant with no way to retrieve it and how i would react.
    I would demand compensation to my right as I rent my account under their system protection. And then with the compensation of what ever, I would start over.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    My character is over 13 years old at this point. I would quit. It's like losing a child at this point! Between subs, expansions and other crap. I've likely spent 5 grand (AUS) on wow. I'd expect some compensation.
    Aye mate

To be quite honest with you, a lot of times I WISHED that happened to me or will happen.

I play this game for so long (march/2005) that I have every class at 110 and I love like at least 4 of them atm, so sometimes I feel really bad about liking that much classes instead of just my main, like just 1 toon and period. I just don't have the time necessary to invest in all of them the way I would like to. So if I only had ONE toon would be much easier...

My main it's a warrior and it was the 1st toon that I ever created in WoW and I play him as my main till this days, but I have a paladin that i love, a druid and also a DH now wich is too much fun to no play it. Not to mention other toons in other servers...

So honestly sometimes I would like to have 1 toon and 1 toon only.

Fine, aslong as they return 13 years of subs, expansion prices and character services. Should be a pretty penny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    if this happened after 13 years and 558 played days on my main i would definitely quit. Personally it would kind of feel like losing a child after all the time, money, emotion and enjoyment i have experienced with it.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of the reasons I play the game and the characters I've made is through a sense of prestige and pride in regards to the items, titles and mounts I've accumulated over the years especially with those which are no longer obtainable.

If I permanently lost everything through no fault of my own then I would probably find a new hobby. I wouldn't pick up a torch and pitch fork and scream lawsuit or anything as I'm sure some would though. I would just die a little on the inside and move on.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

its irrelevant - blizzard has the power to create a character how they want and there is like 50000 internet sites that track character progression via the armory - they might be a few days behind but this collective information is easily enough for blizzard to sit a poor guy down and have him recreate exact copys of my characters- including achievements/mounts/collected appereances/pets and so on - i dont want to be that poor guy but hey, gotta do what you gotta do

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    lol

You're making it sound like one person could flip the wrong switch when they're leaving a server room and accidentally delete someone's character permanently.

lol
    If your intention was to make me think of Hawaii, then you succeeded.

Id demand that I get a Free 110 Boosts for each character I lost then just start over fresh.

We talked about this last night as a guild funny enough (might actually be why you made this post) but we all managed to pay for BFA roughly the same time, we all logged out to relaunch and boom, by the time we got back into the server list all our characters were apparently gone

For me I'd first be playing fuck, personally I don't see a difference between a physical and digital item. For example, let's say for ten years I've got a camper van and constantly working on it, upgrade engine one year, another year paint work etc etc. Let's say I send it away for a upgrade and a fuck up happens and it gets sent to the scrap instead of someone elses one who wrote it off. I'd be pissed, I'd be playing hell and yes, I'd expect some sort of reimbursement. I don't see why that should be any different with your digital characters.

Secondly, I'd sit down and debate restarting it all. Last night something I came to realise I regret is; how much I've swapped characters. I level'd at TBC launch a paladin once I saw how unpopular they were I went to a warlock. During wrath I changed to a DK and made a firm decision to stick with it (up until this point I did no mount collecting or rep grinding or anything bar raiding on the lock). This dk was my pride and joy, server third 80 DK, I hit 80 having nearly all TBC reps exalted, I had all the netherwing and rays which got me a lot of attention. I went back and I did all the vanilla reps, I grinded all the wrath ones and I had one the highest achi scores on my account on the server. If you told me I had one of the highest in Europe I wouldn't of been shocked at the time.

But come Cataclysm launch I swapped at the start back to the lock towards the end I was back on the dk but couldn't be bothered to regrind everything I did as the lock. Into mop I rerolled completely to the horde on a new server and did a monk, warlords I mainly played my warlock then in legion I started on a DH, but got asked to main a shaman in a guild, which I did then switched to my DK for the guild as I was asked to tank. Then started on a new server with IRL friends as a druid. Irony my IRL friends have now realised we should of gone to my old server in the first place so they are all re rolling to that one, and I'm back on the DH.

Anyways my point is, I did all this swapping, all these achis here and there; its just all scattered. My friend has been on her pally since day 1 something I remembered I wanted to do on the dk. So if I did have to start again, I'd probably sit down and just work on the one toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    I have not sub since they took my Ranged SV hunter from me... (in a sense they deleted the toon I played for close to 9 years),,

I doubt they will bring it back but if they did being a entire expansion behind now may be enough to keep me away.
    They actually mentioned in the interview the other day that making SV hunter melee was a mistake, and that they were doing a major revamp to make it feel more like a ranged hunter again. You should be able to find the reference on the front page somewhere.