Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixpac View Post
    The artifact weapon you get depends on your active spec at boost time. The story is not removed, you can pick it up at your class hall later.
    Awesome! Glad to hear the story is still available.

What happens (with regards to "active spec") if you boost a new (level 1) character?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    The new spec requirements, you'd think we're playing a high end graphics game...
    I know right? The requirements are a bit absurd. I noticed with the last patch that they updated some of the graphics and I would have to wonder what other changes they could even do. The cost of pixels needs to be cut.

5+ Year Old Account
    Only the so-called "veteran" boost boots you main professions. You need to be character level 60+ with two active primary professions for that, and it's sufficient that these are just skill level 1.

- - - Updated - - -

The artifact weapon you get depends on your active spec at boost time. The story is not removed, you can pick it up at your class hall later.
    Can we learn professions on 100 lvl class trial and than boost?

lol my hd7700 could not even do it, actually, i'm running at at 20-100 fps with it, depending what is at the screen

i think my choice to have a new high spec computer came to the good time, bye bye my 5 years old computer =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Growel View Post

What happens (with regards to "active spec") if you boost a new (level 1) character?
    Can't say. My BM Monk was 70 at boost time. ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darqsat View Post
    Can we learn professions on 100 lvl class trial and than boost?
    I don't know, never tried that.

those amd recommendations are teribble. don't recommend FX at all. Ryzen only

7+ Year Old Account
    Level 110 Character boost is totally flawed - don't use it yet. Excessive waiting times until boost is complete. Primary professions boost should be 800, not 700. Legion profession quests in Dalaran are missing, no progress possible. Start quests in Suramar are not available from Khadgar, can't get your emissary quest from WQ's. No direct access to Draenor anymore, no garrison, no garrison hearthstone. A rip-off, if you ask me!
    I agree with you on that one I'm gonna wait on using my 110 token til they tidy it up better.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Why would you guys waste your boost now when you can wait until you unlock Zandalari Trolls and use it then on a sweet new Zandalari troll alt? What's the rush using it now after the last content patch of the expansion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterakos View Post
    WOW.... time to throw my Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 system to the grabage bin
    Yep, but that poor thing is still living after all those years, so I think I'll keep it a lil longer

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosweaver View Post
    Why would you guys waste your boost now when you can wait until you unlock Zandalari Trolls and use it then on a sweet new Zandalari troll alt? What's the rush using it now after the last content patch of the expansion?
    You won't get the heritage armor if you boost any of the allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    You won't get the heritage armor if you boost any of the allied races.
    I forgot about that detail, well I guess my point was for the people who don't really care about the armor set almost everyone will have anyway. Still if you want to play the new Troll race you'd really not want to waste time leveling in the beginning of the expansion while others are having a blast in the new zones/dungeons/raids.

Just look at new spec requirement. Game should look FAR FAR BETTER (without constant clippings, lack of painted armor...) than what we have for what they are asking. I mean 960 and i7 4770 for wow and even then it works poorly in populated areas? With slightly better system people play Black Desert online ffs!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Just look at new spec requirement. Game should look FAR FAR BETTER (without constant clippings, lack of painted armor...) than what we have for what they are asking. I mean 960 and i7 4770 for wow and even then it works poorly in populated areas? With slightly better system people play Black Desert online ffs!
    The engine of WoW is heavily modified and over 15 years old, i think one of the biggest problems is that it has no good multi-core usage like most other games have now (or 5 years ago) so it is heavily reliant on cpu usage.

however i also think blizzard should invest more time in graphical resource optimization, i got a good i5 and 1060 with 16 gb ram and don't always have stable 60 fps in dalaran and suramar on higher, not maxed out!, settings.

Im less of a graphic hoe, but this is not really acceptable anymore..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    The engine of WoW is heavily modified and over 15 years old, i think one of the biggest problems is that it has no good multi-core usage like most other games have now (or 5 years ago) so it is heavily reliant on cpu usage.

however i also think blizzard should invest more time in graphical resource optimization, i got a good i5 and 1060 with 16 gb ram and don't always have stable 60 fps in dalaran and suramar on higher, not maxed out!, settings.

Im less of a graphic hoe, but this is not really acceptable anymore..

The core usage is the main problem right now, working with only one core, means it needs a lot more MHz to do what a recent games do with a good multicore optimization. And this is going to get worst with time, and I dont know if Dx12 will help at all.

Even with my gtx 1080 I struggle in Suramar/Dalaran/Garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Growel View Post

It's not based on the spec you log out, you select which spec you want before you apply the boost

Wow the jump in minimum specs is interesting, jumping 2 generations. Going to have to upgrade my kids computer now. Oh wait, graphics cards don't exist right now. Hmm hopefully that market corrects itself in time for release.

Quote Originally Posted by jbar111 View Post
    It's not based on the spec you log out, you select which spec you want before you apply the boost
    Excellent; thanks for the info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    Wow the jump in minimum specs is interesting, jumping 2 generations. Going to have to upgrade my kids computer now. Oh wait, graphics cards don't exist right now. Hmm hopefully that market corrects itself in time for release.
    It won't, unfortunately. Curse you crypto!

Im sorry, but those specs in 2018 are not really anything high. You might argue that WoW does not exactly look like 2018. game, but... Specs as such are nothing, especially the minimum ones.

"Corrected an issue that could cause Dantalionax to cast Stinging Swarm during Dreadlord’s Guile."

I knew that something was wrong about this fight when I suddenly got bees during Guile.