Page 1 of 3
LastLast

No love for D3 on the Deluxe Edition?

So all the Deluxe edition items for all games have been released except for D3.. Will there be nothing for that game? Why the hate Blizz?
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    WoD is worse than leveling in Hellfire Peninsula in a PvP Server where your faction sucks.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It generates fuck all revenue with its buy-once play-forever plan. And ARPGs were never more than a niche genre even at the pinnacle of their popularity (D2). And to be honest Path of Exile is just flat out better than D3 in every conceivable way - and it always has been, even way back when it was in alpha. Blizzard knows that trying to introduce any sort of microtransaction system to D3 at this late a date to give the game a continuing revenue stream would only result in a PR firestorm. So they have quietly written off the project.

[edit] typo
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2018-01-31 at 05:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    RIP Diablo.

Legion items were actually pretty nice. Maybe they had no ideas for BfA related items lol.

They abandoned it.
    They didn’t even work its last expansion they had planned.

- - - Updated - - -

They abandoned it.
    They didn’t even work its last expansion they had planned.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Starcraft and Diablo are dead sadly.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hachidori View Post
    Starcraft and Diablo are dead sadly.
    Starcraft got something though so Diablo is, like, deader than dead.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Starcraft got something though so Diablo is, like, deader than dead.
    By all meaningful metrics Starcraft is dead. Those metrics begin and end at "the official religion of South Korea."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    It generates fuck all revenue with its buy-once pay-forever plan. And ARPGs were never more than a niche genre even at the pinnacle of their popularity (D2). And to be honest Path of Exile is just flat out better than D3 in every conceivable way - and it always has been, even way back when it was in alpha. Blizzard knows that trying to introduce any sort of microtransaction system to D3 at this late a date to give the game a continuing revenue stream would only result in a PR firestorm. So they have quietly written off the project.
    I think you are spot on here with the exception of adding micro transactions. I do believe they will not add micro transactions to D3, but instead the next diablo game, which everyone knows is and has been being worked on, comes out. Whenever that may be is really unclear, but Blizz isn't about to let diablo totally die. They could easily fix their system with diablo 4, and include micro transactions. Functionally diablo is much better than PoE, but its stale and as you stated isn't making the money to support a larger dev team. Personally i feel thats why it has been so long and will likely be longer until we see new content.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i did not mean to imply that they were writing off the Diablo franchise, just D3. I also fully expect to see microtransactions of some kind in D4 and SC3 if and when they do come out. Like it or not, MTX are they way forward for monetizing video games. Its just that not everyone is as blatantly greedy about it as WB/EA are.

Quote Originally Posted by This Sesshomaru View Post
    So all the Deluxe edition items for all games have been released except for D3.. Will there be nothing for that game? Why the hate Blizz?
    I thought it was more than a little disappointing that the digital delux edition is basically and extra $20 for a couple mount skins and a non-combat pet for WoW itself. Then a handful of other crap for other games, which is only marginally good if you play those games, and garbage if you don't.

The entire thing is a ripoff. Not worth the extra fee at all.

D3 is dead for all intents and purposes. They even stopped development on it after the shitty necromancer paid-dlc i think.

First time it happens with Blizzard aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by This Sesshomaru View Post
    DD editions for all but D3?

You lie!

I see no DD for WoW [Vanilla] and TBC

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    D3 is dead for all intents and purposes. They even stopped development on it after the shitty necromancer paid-dlc i think.

First time it happens with Blizzard aswell.
    First time what happened?
    I don't seem the working on D1, D2, Warcraft1-3 and so on.
    Games get old and they start working on new stuff. Thats how it always been.

The fact that they actually kept working on D3 for as long as they did is pretty extraordinary.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Shows you that D3 really is a dead game. Pour one out for the Nephalem, boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    First time what happened?
    I don't seem the working on D1, D2, Warcraft1-3 and so on.
    Games get old and they start working on new stuff. Thats how it always been.

The fact that they actually kept working on D3 for as long as they did is pretty extraordinary.
    What the hell are you talking about? Diablo 3 is a current product, the current iteration of the Diablo universe.

Old titles that had fucking sequels still running successful today don't count as failing, are you daft? In particular when they kept player interest until the new stuff released. People were still playing Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 many years after release or relevant patches. But hey, that made sense.

Holy hell.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2018-01-31 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    With D3’s insane success, it’s crazy they left it out of the delux digitals. Has stuff for HOTS, D3 has to be more popular than HOTS rightttt.....?

10+ Year Old Account
    D3 is dead. Path of exile is what people should play.