Considering getting back in, is there a story movie to catch me up?

Hi,

I dropped out of Hardcore WOW gaming in 2011, just before the 2nd patch of Cataclysm.
    Played none of MoP, 1,5 patch of WoD, and none Legion.

Is there a proper story movie on youtube or somewhere else that includes raids, maybe some questlines and cutscenes, so that I can get up to date on the story before Battle for Azeroth?
    (I didnt know before yesterday that Wrynn died a year ago...)

I found a few, but they are a few years old now.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norlig View Post
    Hi,

I dropped out of Hardcore WOW gaming in 2011, just before the 2nd patch of Cataclysm.

Is there a proper story movie on youtube or somewhere else that includes raids, maybe some questlines and cutscenes, so that I can get up to date on the story before Battle for Azeroth?

thanks
    There aren't any complete videos that I'm aware of, but you likely have 7+ months before BfA launches. I would suggest doing Loremaster (all major quest lines) for the quests and going back to solo dungeons and raids from Cata-WoD (everything up through HFC in WoD can already be soloed). You will miss the legendary back and legendary ring storylines because those are now gone but there are definitely videos recapping them.

Nobbel87 is a very good lore channel that covers the raids. No single video but it basically covers all the lore in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Norlig View Post
    Hi,

thanks
    I can catch you up no problem. After taking down deathwing, the dragon aspects lose all their special powers, now becoming mortal. Meanwhile after that same fight, Thrall uses his earth powers and senses a long forgotten land, full of ancient magics. He doesn't tell no one though, because horde and alliance end up finding it on their own in a naval battle, one member of alliance, human captain, and a orc warrior land on shore, and eventually fight it out in the jade forest, where they encounter Chen Stormstout who, to their surprise outwits them, without much harm at all. They are in awe at the beauty of the land. Eventually full force of alliance and horde land on shore and begin to fuck it up immensely, with Nazgrim taking point on horde side, and admiral taylor alliance, releasing sha, shado-pan come mess their shit, you can't do that, fuck were fucked, thanks for nothing assholes. Eventually Garrosh goes on a warpath and fucks it even harder finding the heart of an old god and eating it becoming double evil. We take him down, win expansion. He escapes arrest with the help of Wrathion and a bronze dragon. Traveling back in time to Draenor, to save his daddy from drinking demon juice. Cue Iron Horde failing at Blasted lands. Eventually we win too, with Gul'dan being the main evil orc, Archimode, who isn't dead anymore because legion spans all timelines and reality's. He gets chucked into the portal and lands on the broken shore, we find him there, he kills varian, vol'jin gets shot but a no name demon, sylvanas warchief for no reason, loa shit told him to. We help all the races and eventually take down gul'dan but it's not over, cause with illidan back we go to argus, help them too and then eventually sargeras shows up and stabs silithus with his big huge sword. "NOOOO" HE Screams before he is pulled back by the other titans. Illidan stays on the whatever rock to toy with him probably. then queue bfa, azeroth bleeding both factions wanting a taste of her blood.

TL;DR
    Deathwing defeated
    HvA Naval, find Pandaria
    Both Fuck it Up
    Garrosh suddenly Evil
    Jail Garrosh
    He escapes, Wrathion, timetravel
    finds his dad, fails at iron horde
    Guldan then escapes to our timeline
    Brings legion, defeat guldan
    argus, sargeras, stabby stabby silithus
    Here we are now

Quote Originally Posted by PepperjackJig View Post
    stabby stabby silithus
    fucking hell lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd strongly recommend wowpedia.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Nobbel87 is a very good lore channel that covers the raids. No single video but it basically covers all the lore in the game.
    ^ This. Nobbel's channel covers the lore very well, mixing both detailed longer videos with some shorter recap videos, e.g. with the full story of Suramar in 4 parts of total nearly 100 minutes next to 'the story of Legion in a nutshell' in 7 minutes. Just go through the playlists Lore of Warcraft and you'll be able to find info on the gaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.