Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question The dumbest race/class combo's

With BfA prepurchase available and changes in leveling,there's a new wave of creation of new characters. There always were heated discussions about some race class combo's,and today I would like you to name your TOP 5 dumbest race/class combo.I personally care about the lore and some race/class combo's are made for balance/gameplay reasons,totally how it goes with the lore. So,here's mine top5:
    1)Undead Monk - I see these quite frequently and everytime I do I ask myself WHY.Lorewise,monks are using CHI,channeling the energies of LIFE and practice martial arts.Undead are kept alive solely by the necromancy which is totally opposite to the forces of life.Also,when I see an undead using impressive backward kicks and are rotating using spinning crane,it makes me wonder if they wouldn't lose a body part by doing so or call "BONESTORM" while doing it.I see this combo as a total nonsense.
    2)Worgen Death Knight - the reasons of making these up only because of the looks and the gameplay.The way the Blizzard makes an excuse for them to become the DK's only to look cool "hurr hurr,im not only a worgen,but also a knight of death" is quite dull,especially when you think of a fact that Blizzard has mentioned,that worgen can't be raised as undead.
    3)Goblin Shaman - well,another combo made up for pure gameplay reasons.Shamans are asking for the help of elements,not force them to do their bidding by some silly contract.Heck,do the elementals care about the gold? NO!
    4)Tauren Monk - ok,this one isn't as silly as the the ones I mentioned previously.They are spiritual,they care about the life,but...those animations and fact,that monks are agile experts of the martial arts?The way he backflips with his hoofs?Huh?Or spinning around himself like feather?That's quite dull.
    5)Void elf Priest - this one is the newest Blizzard invention.How could this happen?How a subrace,which includes a word "void" in it's name wield the holy magic?He is delved through and through into the the void,why would he even be able to wield the light?Yet again - gameplay reasons.

Share your top 5 and express your thoughts about em!
    Last edited by Felixon; 2018-01-31 at 11:14 AM.

Deleted
    I started leveling a horde character some weeks ago and I found many tauren monks, which surprised me.
    I'm monk main and in my monk main friend bubble, we use the Gamon-Toy as a fucking meme for these awfully unfitting animations. #Nofront to blizz there btw. I can't think of anyone who could nail tauren monks. This race is just not made for that.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    5)Void elf Priest - this one is the newest Blizzard invention.How could this happen?How a subrace,which includes a word "void" in it's name wield the holy magic?He is delved through and through into the the void,why would he even be able to wield the light?Yet again - gameplay reasons.
    There is a thing such as Shadow Priests who commune with the void and shadow-realm

I mean, priests already don't make sense. "OOOh, I am a shadowpriest. I have forgone the light and enveloped in shadowmagics. Oh, we need a healer, gimme 3 sec, gggnh, alright, I forgot the shadow, holy light embrace me!" Also, undead priests? What? Also, tauren priest/paladin is pretty nonsensical. They are nature attuned creatures. There are tons of stupid combinations. Once Blizz decided to make nearly all classes available to all races lore and logic went out the window. Now it is more like "Don't think to much about it, just let it go,"

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always hated the fact that the Horde got paladins and the Alliance got shamans...

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    With BfA prepurchase available and changes in leveling,there's a new wave of creation of new characters. There always were heated discussions about some race class combo's,and today I would like you to name your TOP 5 dumbest race/class combo.I personally care about the lore and some race/class combo's are made for balance/gameplay reasons,totally how it goes with the lore. So,here's mine top5:
    1)Undead Monk - I see these quite frequently and everytime I do I ask myself WHY.Lorewise,monks are using CHI,channeling the energies of LIFE and practice martial arts.Undead are kept alive solely by the necromancy which is totally opposite to the forces of life.Also,when I see an undead using impressive backward kicks and are rotating using spinning crane,it makes me wonder if they wouldn't lose a body part by doing so or call "BONESTORM" while doing it.I see this combo as a total nonsense.
    2)Worgen Death Knight - the reasons of making these up only because of the looks and the gameplay.The way the Blizzard makes an excuse for them to become the DK's only to look cool "hurr hurr,im not only a worgen,but also a knight of death" is quite dull,especially when you think of a fact that Blizzard has mentioned,that worgen can't be raised as undead.
    3)Goblin Shaman - well,another combo made up for pure gameplay reasons.Shamans are asking for the help of elements,not force them to do their bidding by some silly contract.Heck,do the elementals care about the gold? NO!
    4)Tauren Monk - ok,this one isn't as silly as the the ones I mentioned previously.They are spiritual,they care about the life,but...those animations and fact,that monks are agile experts of the martial arts?The way he backflips with his hoofs?Huh?Or spinning around himself like feather?That's quite dull.

Share your top 5 and express your thoughts about em!
    My Holy Void Elf Priest, who uses the <...the Insane> Says "Hi!"

Deleted
    Gnome Mage.

Elf anything.

All clowns, all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead Death Knight

Died and rezzed by scourge. Freed by Sylvanas. Died again by Scourge. Rezzed as death knight. Stupid as hell.

Not to mention undead in plate look like armored hobos.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

the vast majority of monks, tbh.

But they need to keep monk available to all classes in hopes someone plays that class.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tauren Paladins for me.

I know that argument/debate has be had numerous times over, and the understanding that the tauren's version of a "paladin" is more-or-less a "druid of the sun" but it's the theme/fantasy of a paladin that does not fit with tauren.

Ya know... the whole class theme/fantasy nail Blizzard was hammering into the game all expansion long?

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Tauren Paladins for me.

I know that argument/debate has be had numerous times over, and the understanding that the tauren's version of a "paladin" is more-or-less a "druid of the sun" but it's the theme/fantasy of a paladin that does not fit with tauren.

Ya know... the whole class theme/fantasy nail Blizzard was hammering into the game all expansion long?
    tbh Blizz messed up class-lore so hard in Cataclysm, that at this point they could just as well give every race every class... because "lore-reasons" don't Count/exist anymore.

gnome druid ftw

Deleted
    Pandaren rogue. The wrong kind of goofy.

Allys shamans, horde pallys, monks non-pandarens.

Posting to fix some wierd whining and inconsistencies :P

1) Undead Monk is fine. Monk in life, potentially capable of it in unlife. Chi isn't exactly 'life energy', at least depending on which martial arts you follow. It is essentially harnesses kinetic or inertial energy. An undead monk is viable. Now, losing limbs - yeah possibly, however, I'd imagine our characters have a bit more reinforced behind them that prevents our decay from going so far as to lose limbs (this isn't even a monk only issue if you think about it).

2) Worgen Death Knight - This one, I agree with. They specifically state that worgenism prevents being revived as undead by the Val'kyr. My ONLY guesstimation here is Lich King Deus Ex Machina, I have no other real reason for this one.

3) Goblin Shaman - This makes perfect sense. 1) The goblins learned shamanism from the horde. 2) The goblins are innovative and ingenious with their plans. Elementals answer the call of a shaman who can commune to them. Goblins have learned to capitalize upon that by actually trapping the element called forth. This is purely technology holding mastery over nature. The elements are more flawed than you give them credit for. (I main a shaman as is, and this makes perfect sense to me)

4) Tauren Monk - Makes perfect sense, mental and physical discipline are often a trait of the Tauren. They may be large and lumbering but it doesn't come without some semblence of balance where needed. Not all monks are 'agile', many rely on strength and endurance. Pandaren as a great example of this. Also, go watch Kung Fu Panda 2, you'll see a 'tauren'-esque martial artist in action there too. (Pandaren included :P)

5) Void Elf Priest - This works just fine as well, as priests skirt the line of light and void, and everything in between (cough - discipline spec - cough). A void elf is an elf that has absorbed the powers/potencies of the void, but it is something they are still in control of. They wield powers like weapons, and as such, the light is just as much a weapon as the void is for them. If anything, void elf priests represent the duality more than any other priest around. They are both light and shadow, that blurred line of reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Undead Death Knight

Died and rezzed by scourge. Freed by Sylvanas. Died again by Scourge. Rezzed as death knight. Stupid as hell.

Wasn't there a comic about this, where the Undead Death Knight was complaining that they will "never get to see heaven" ?

I'd go with Lightforged Draenei Shadow Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Undead Death Knight

Did that actually happen for undead dks? I thought they were corpses, resurrected after decay (so basically an even more decayed human) into a death knight. I don't think they were ever freed by Sylvanas - though I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyclone View Post
    Did that actually happen for undead dks? I thought they were corpses, resurrected after decay (so basically an even more decayed human) into a death knight. I don't think they were ever freed by Sylvanas - though I could be wrong.
    Then why do they go to the Horde automatically instead of Alliance like the human dks do? Also, no other race has a heavily decayed version like humans to forsaken.

Not trying to come off as a dick, I realized after reading that sentence that it sounds like it.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2018-01-31 at 08:12 PM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.