Angry Mouse Disoriented Issues

Hi,

Played a warlock for almost 10 years, and have now, just about quit.

There is no help anywhere, and players obviously are NOT having issues with the mouse, and the continuous disorienting of the Warlock during play ... and we're talking EVERY SINGLE MOB in every dungeon or instance, since these mobs move, and are not as stationary as they used to be in the old days.

Does anyone have any help in this area? It has gotten frustrating, and this issue also affects the play for a Shadow Priest (for example) ... and you spend a whole dungeon/instance, re-adjusting your direction because you can not maintain it straight and the game's settings for mouse are pretty much disabled and do not work (the water example is the obvious one!).

Please advise and thank so much ... I just find it weird that folks are trying to discuss their DPS and the character is not turned around and you have to turn it back first and aim again ... just plain weird and an obvious DPS killer!

I remember using this command back in MoP for my monk;

/console cameraSmoothTrackingStyle 0

Does this work for you?

Because of the DS channel or something else? If the former surprised you lasted that long. The command still worked this expac for me on priest.

5+ Year Old Account
    Uncheck the little box that messes with you camera in settings?
    You asked a question and I gave you the answer. You might not agree with or fully understand the answer, but, it is correct because of reasons.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ashurien View Post
    I remember using this command back in MoP for my monk;

/console cameraSmoothTrackingStyle 0

Does this work for you?
    Same thing ... move moves and you are facing 90 degrees or more away from the main fight or any other mob. This is specially bad when you have 2 or more mobs on you.
    [/quote]

Never had this issue with the character ending up facing away from the whole thing, and I just find it sad, and makes me think that this is probably something intentional to keep down the DPS numbers all around. If you have to re-adjust your toon, you lose precious moments on dps ... and of course the Dummy's numbers would be false, since the dummy does not move ... and the mobs you fight DO! Nowhere is this taken into account, and is (no numbers to back it up yet) about a ten to fifteen percent at the very least, since the assumption is that you can reset your direction fast enough to target the other mob ... that is not in front of you now.

Quote Originally Posted by Atraxxa View Post
    Uncheck the little box that messes with you camera in settings?
    All the mouse settings, are unchecked ... though previously I had never touch he camera ... but as I mentioned these settings are disabled by the game, since the mouse does not even follow any of these settings, regardless of the ones you choose, specially the ones about the water thing!

I'm not sure that this is a graphics setting at all ... the mouse, usually uses its own drivers, and most of them are so old that Microsoft is too lazy to update, and fix ... thus a lot of this stuff can be taken advantage of easily by a game like WoW.

I would love to see this in a shoot them up game ... it would KILL that game immediately! But in a game where peeps don't say a whole lot, except look for intangibles that don't improve the game (like DPS), taking advantage of the mouse and its bad drivers is not cool at all.

And thanks for taking the time to comment ... I do with I knew what "DS" is ... though! But right now, I'm thinking that it is goodbye to Warlock and Shadow Priest ... just not worth the hassle when no one knows anything and everyone is playing the same game as I! It's just weird!
    Last edited by Uduwudu; 2018-01-17 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uduwudu View Post
    Same thing ... move moves and you are facing 90 degrees or more away from the main fight or any other mob. This is specially bad when you have 2 or more mobs on you.
    Did you even try the command given? I have no clue what you're on about otherwise, my char and camera never move unless I make it.

Also make sure the camera setting says never adjust it.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2018-01-17 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Did you even try the command given? I have no clue what you're on about otherwise, my char and camera never move unless I make it.

Also make sure the camera setting says never adjust it.
    I do not think he gave it a try.
    My camera doesn't budge unless I manually make it to!

This seems like a clear case of user error. Don't blame the game if you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    This seems like a clear case of user error. Don't blame the game if you're doing it wrong.
    Wow ... amazing when you don't believe your own fellow players.

When/if you use a beam, it follows the mob, and it turns you with it ... same thing with fear from a mob ... you get turned in a random direction. I can see the "strategy behind slowing down all dps ... specially casters ... but the time it takes for you/I to turn your character around to face the mob again, is crucial in a dps race to take a boss down ... and you say it's my error.

Unbelievable! Totally unbelievable ... you must not play a warlock or a shadow priest where you see these things really big time ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashurien View Post
    I do not think he gave it a try.
    My camera doesn't budge unless I manually make it to!
    Yes I did Ashurien ... I appreciate efforts like yours instead of the other comments.

It made no difference ... a mob moving, and my dps is dead ... even though at 63 in a different server (in this case -- I'm afraid of playing my high level warlock due to these issues!!!!!) ... as an example, just finished one instance and tank and dps were at 29% and 25%, another dps at 23% and I was at 14% ... kinda embarrassing.

Destruction this time ... Immolate, Conflagrate, Chaos Bolt, Rain of Fire, Incinerate, Drain Life, Soul Harvest ... with the only issue that these casting times are slow, and Incinerate is the fastest of them all, and in these lower level instances, the immediate dps, mostly melee, will take the dps way faster than we can, I think ... not sure how to fix this at all, and the dps chart and study, appears to me a bit weird and not complete, and mostly idealistic.

In Ahn'Kahet: The Old Kingdom for this instance and information. Didn't get turned around because I never used DRAIN LIFE this time around, and in my main high level (Demonology) using Drain Life is necessary to stay alive in the Heroic Fights, and the amount of times one gets turned around is ridiculous ... AND, not to mention that this week, with the changes in level to many zones (ones around old Dalaran, at least a couple of them are 10 levels lower now ... they added a LOCK for your ability ... in Destruction I got 5 FIRE LOCKED in this fight and in my Mage, the Arcane was also locked several times during one of the Sargeras tomb fights.

Chaos Bolt 31.4%
    Incinerate 24.6%
    Rain of Fire 18.3%
    Conflagrate 17.7%
    Immolate (DOT) 5.6%
    Immolate 2.3%

You can see why I gave up on Immolate so fast ... the casting time is too slow and by that time the mob is almost dead, or under half its health for it to be efficient. On higher level bosses and the like the DOT goes first always.

I'm not sure where to go from here ... with comments like the one above, it is very disconcerting, and giving up this game is finally coming to me ... and I have been here from the start (about a month late) and these issues are making the game really frustrating ... I can remember the days when we were the GODS ... in Molten Core with Banish ... now we are the banished dogs!

When/if you use a beam, it follows the mob, and it turns you with it ... same thing with fear from a mob ... you get turned in a random direction. I can see the "strategy behind slowing down all dps ... specially casters ... but the time it takes for you/I to turn your character around to face the mob again, is crucial in a dps race to take a boss down ... and you say it's my error.

Unbelievable! Totally unbelievable ... you must not play a warlock or a shadow priest where you see these things really big time ...
    I'm not saying I don't believe you. I'm saying it's your fault for not dealing with it in ways that don't make it such a problem. People have given you advice on the options etc. it's not the game's fault if you don't use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I'm not saying I don't believe you. I'm saying it's your fault for not dealing with it in ways that don't make it such a problem. People have given you advice on the options etc. it's not the game's fault if you don't use them.
    All advice has been followed and tried, with the same result!

Again, you are making an assumption that I did not try any of the suggestions made! Mainly you are disrespecting your fellow players because, supposedly, you know more than they do, and all the other players are stupid and don't know how to try anything that is mentioned here!

I'm not sure that you have noticed that all the marks having to do with the mouse don't do anything on your game ... one says that it does this and that when under water or not ... and it doesn't do that ... in fact, every new moment when you fall into the water it aims you at the bottom, regardless of mouse setting on the program.

That's my fault, too! AND, it never happens on your magic computer!

Deleted
    This got to be some advanced trolling I can't understand, no offence but there is just no way someone that understands recount/skada/details and damage distribution of his spells to find it difficult to turn a character with his mouse and play around channel spells.

Deleted
    It seems like he is trolling, wouldnt be the first time people wanted reactions. But again he might not, who knows.

If it takes you time to turn your character you are doing it wrong, if you are using the keyboard to turn then god help you, having keyboard turn bound to a key in 2018 is laughable at best. If you are truly having so many issues with losing DPS to character positioning you need to spend some time learning how to move your character in world of warcraft. Stop pressing DPS buttons and run around the world a little bit and learn how to control your character, it is obvious you haven't learned that yet. The character and camera move exactly how you want them to once you learn how they work just like any video game, spend some time learning how to operate the most basic functions of the game before you complain about something that is factually not a problem in any way shape or form.

Deleted
    I'm not quite sure what problem you describe... The only time the camera might change direction is when you channel a spell (Drain Life, Drain Soul, Health Funnel), so that the camera would aim at your current target of the channeled spell. If that is the case, you should disable all adjust camera settings in the WoW-options. Spells like Fear or anything else with normal castbar will just keep your camera where it is.

If your camera however turns at wierd directions and you cannot really see why, then I advice you to backup your WTF-folder (name it "WTFold" or something), log in, disable all addons and disable all camera adjust settings as well. See if the problem still exists... Users encountered weird behaviors when changing to Win10 with old WoW-settings.
    Last edited by mmocab31bc277d; 2018-02-14 at 02:50 PM.