Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    interesting theories and opinions on this matter flying around the forum and other avenues.

what do you think?
    I'm not sure it will be a failure, but i do believe that the most important features for BFA are a flop.

Warfronts just seem like an absurd feature. 20 player PvE scenario with an npc army? Sort of like an enhanced Alterac Valley with just one half-sized faction, and npc troops\upgrades? Ugh. They could just feature a couple of raid encounters with said ideas to test it instead of publicizing it as a main feature, since it just seems so lackluster.

Island Expeditions are just... weird. It's like MoP scenarios are back with several paths\variants. It just doesn't seem 'exciting' at all, but i believe they 'can' be fun.

And that's that... the two top features just seem to be uninteresting from the get go.

That being said, as long as end game content is fun with the new raids and dungeons it will be fine. I only hope they expand upon Mythic+ with more affixes, more dungeons (even scaling older expansion ones).

Older expansions hit home runs with stuff like Transmogrify, Mythic+, new classes... in comparison, BFA new features are just average at best. But the 'base features' (new zones, new dungeons, new raids, etc) will be enough to make it fresh and purchase-worthy.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2018-01-31 at 07:40 PM.

"Hey guys, as we try and promote and get pre-sales for our upcoming expansion, I think it would be a great idea not to announce a new class that would let us sell more copies"

-Said no on in the history of ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    While I don't agree with OP, when you line it up like that it seems like the expansions that didnt have a new class were worse than the ones that did. Interesting.
    Cata and WoD were bad for a lot more reasons than just no new class

10+ Year Old Account
    interesting theories and opinions on this matter flying around the forum and other avenues.

what do you think?
    I'll never understand these stupid-ass 'if the game doesn't do the thing I think it should do it will be a failure' topics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    "Hey guys, as we try and promote and get pre-sales for our upcoming expansion, I think it would be a great idea not to announce a new class that would let us sell more copies"

-Said no on in the history of ever.
    Pretty much this.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

??????????

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Wrath: New class
    Cata: 2 New Races
    MOP: New race and Class
    WoD: New models for all old races
    Legion: New class
    BfA: 6+ races ....see the + because they said that more races will come through out the expansion

Internet: BfA will be failure if i don't get a class

gotta love the internet
    Inb4 tinfoil hat. It kinda makes sense. Cata and WoD did not introduce new class and were biggest failures

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW has been a failure since WoD was announced at Blizzcon many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    WoW has been a failure since WoD was announced at Blizzcon many years ago.
    You do know what failure means, right?

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless Blizzard are hiding a secret new class reveal.
    Won't happen

bFa will be a failure.
    Also won't happpen
    (well that will depends on your definition of failure. The game will go on and there will be people playing it)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

what do you think?
    Just have the intellectual honesty to admit that YOU think BFA will be a failure because it lacks a new class, instead of trying to skirt around having to back up your claim by pretending that "interesting theories and opinions" (which are definitely not yours!) prompted you to make this thread.

An expansion does not need a new class to be succesful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    A new class didn’t save Legion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Only thing flying around are your shitty threads.
    Read this and laughed out loud, now my co-workers are giving me looks like im a bit off, ty sir.
    You asked a question and I gave you the answer. You might not agree with or fully understand the answer, but, it is correct because of reasons.”

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    A new class didn’t save Legion.
    yeap, it was the best expansion to date anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, BfA is ded!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Wrath: New class
    Cata: 2 New Races
    MOP: New race and Class
    WoD: New models for all old races
    Legion: New class
    BfA: 6+ races ....see the + because they said that more races will come through out the expansion

Internet: BfA will be failure if i don't get a class

gotta love the internet
    It's not the Internet actually saying this.

It's Dankdruid attempting a troll thread. The same poster who makes a thread saying "The Real Reason WoW Will Fail" and the post just says "thoughts?"

I dont want a new class. Ewww.

I want more engaging pve and pvp. More spells, more difficulty. WOTLK style of spells.

what do you think?
    seeing how they opened preorders yesterday and the playerbase lost their fucking minds at not being able to give them money fast enough, i think BfA will do just fine.

Warfronts and Islands are extremely ambitious features. If they work and are fun, they could be huge. Just because previous ambitious content like Ashran failed, that doesn't mean these will too. And even if it does, they should keep trying to innovate and not just poop out variations 5 dungeons/3 raids/5 zones every expansion.

I think random nobodies on these forums in particular like to spout inane nonsense, that's what I think of the sentiment that an expansion can't be good without a new class.