Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just wish they're going to add at least one youthful face. They look really, really old, which they are but, they're immortal and the NPCs don't look nearly as old :\ I can deal with the wide eyes but thats really bugging me. There just seems to be a lot of useless texture on the faces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    And yes Ive seen stuff requested before but not like some of the other NPC races in the game.

Well to each their own. Just like the art of conversation is dead, yall would rather have a recolor vs a new race...Thats just not logical Spock.

Look ill turn down the brightness on my tv to make a BE into NF. Damn blizz interns lol

People have been asking for allied races since Mop. Perhaps longer. That's just when I noticed it got popular. I do feel like 6+ allied races (same thing as sub races) are equal to 2 full races. And it adds more diversity. I wouldn't mind full races at some point in the future. For now though I am quite liking this.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Their faces are fine. indicative of a long life granted by an alteration to their bodies by arcane magic, not a blessing from Nozdormu.
    People don't want to play characters that look old and as such blizzard will see the number of racechanges to nightborne stay low and will be forced to appeal to the general audience.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    The Nightborne female, at least, has a completely different standing animation then the Night Elf females, even though they appear to be identical to the Night Elf female in the character customization and 3rd party model viewers.
    Thats like the point of allied races tho

15+ Year Old Account
    You are surprised that "new" reharshed skins as a main feature are a disappointment?
    Really?

my Runas bald and withered looks like nosferatu, i love it <3

I wanted to try female NB. they seem thinner somehow.
    it really is a disappointment

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorathir View Post
    I think it suits thrm. I love my female nightborne.
    Now they should just fix the eyes and give us more of the npc hairstyles and we are golden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugly as sin, and what's up with the male walking animation? It's like he's...floating? Gliding?

I think Lightforged Draenei and Nightborne were a little disappointing.

I can understand why most people would be disappointed. Yeah, their faces don't look the same as the Nightborne NPCs in Suramar. Personally, I like the player models better. Their face shape is more appealing to me. I actually get really happy to log on and play the Nightborne mage I've made.

That said, if they made a couple new faces with squinty eyes, since that seems to be a common complaint, I wouldn't see a problem with that. More options are always better.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

The males got really shafted imo. They look like Night Elves trying to cosplay as a Nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    People have been asking for allied races since Mop. Perhaps longer. That's just when I noticed it got popular. I do feel like 6+ allied races (same thing as sub races) are equal to 2 full races. And it adds more diversity. I wouldn't mind full races at some point in the future. For now though I am quite liking this.
    People were asking for sub races, as in, new customization option for existing races at the point when creating character or/and visiting barber shop. Not quite the same. For instance, changing regular tauren for highmountain tauren could be as simple as visiting barber shop and changing horn/hair style.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Ugly as sin, and what's up with the male walking animation? It's like he's...floating? Gliding?

I think Lightforged Draenei and Nightborne were a little disappointing.
    Lightforged Draenei are, for me, pure upgrade over regular Draenei. That beard win...

Where the hell are all the options for the nightborne jewelry, such as the earrings and chin things they wear on males? They have no facial hair so they wear shit on their faces, just look at all the npcs. They are really lacking...
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2018-02-01 at 06:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    People were asking for sub races, as in, new customization option for existing races at the point when creating character or/and visiting barber shop. Not quite the same. For instance, changing regular tauren for highmountain tauren could be as simple as visiting barber shop and changing horn/hair style.

- - - Updated - - -

Lightforged Draenei are, for me, pure upgrade over regular Draenei. That beard win...
    I remember people also asking for more customisation options (which it seems we might be getting, no hunchback orcs are an example) in addition to sub races. Sub races were never meant to be additional customisation options. Those were two different requests.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    idk, so far im in love with my nightborne

Just messing around with some mogs and she looks awesome, even better than the "original" npc model imo
    Agreed, I'm leveling a nightborne female mage atm, and when I saw the set on that picture, I fell in love<3

That chest also REALLY resemble the style of Nightborne clothing in Suramar. :3
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

The general face shape is different and that kind of sucks - I always liked how angular their faces were. Eyes are completely different, too, which removes some of the character. I was just relieved to see my female's posture change once I left character creation.

Given the change in stance, it's not so bad. I think they look good enough.

Deleted
    I like the fact that they are more slender than Night Elves, their parent race (no matter what Hazzikostas said at Blizzcon, that's what allied races have in common, an existing race with shared assets). It's also the reason why I'm rolling a male NB rogue, and he looks much more the part than a NE male). Faces I don't care too much about, I don't like to play Barbie with my characters. If I grow tired of his stern expression I'll slap a mask over it.

I like the shelf facial model more than that spiky face the NPCs have.

I'll be very disappointed if they don't add more hair styles or just more customization in general.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorathir View Post
    Well yeah, the original Nightborne females were pretty fucking toned (those thighs bruh), but the playable ones have almost 0 muscles. Their proportions seem thinner as well. If there was any doubt that we've gotten a simple Nelf reskin instead of the actual Nightborne race from Legion, there you fucking go.

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    I remember people also asking for more customisation options (which it seems we might be getting, no hunchback orcs are an example) in addition to sub races. Sub races were never meant to be additional customisation options. Those were two different requests.
    There are subraces like crack elf and zanda trolls who are indeed quite unique, but for each of those we get highmountain taurens, lightforged draenei, draenor orcs in the future, voidlings - each of those could be simply customization option. There is not a single unique things in their models, just added new hairstyles etc.