Quote Originally Posted by Draedarr View Post
    But i still miss the old Thousand Needles
    What was so special about it? x) Killing ugly centaur in a maze-like canyon... Not hating, just genuinely curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    What was so special about it?
    The fact that you weren't questing on a gigantic lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

What was so special about it? x) Killing ugly centaur in a maze-like canyon... Not hating, just genuinely curious.
    Well it was a canyon as you said, and it looked grand. It was way better than it is now which is very unfriendly to level zone. Bigass lake where you mostly dive down and swim back isn't fun.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Well it was a canyon as you said, and it looked grand. It was way better than it is now which is very unfriendly to level zone. Bigass lake where you mostly dive down and swim back isn't fun.
    It wasn't that grand, the fact that it's flooded now makes it more interesting.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    The fact that you weren't questing on a gigantic lake.
    I remember my first time there.

it was awful tbh.

new versions awful too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Yeah I agree about current content and all that swimming around. But I still think old thousand needles was very uneventful and boring regardless. : s I guess I could see how the canyon sort of has that epic sense of scale and such, but the graphics were so much worse back then, it's hard to picture it. But it's a matter of opinion for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It wasn't that grand, the fact that it's flooded now makes it more interesting.
    Yeah I agree about current content and all that swimming around. But I still think old thousand needles was very uneventful and boring regardless. : s I guess I could see how the canyon sort of has that epic sense of scale and such, but the graphics were so much worse back then, it's hard to picture it. But it's a matter of opinion for sure.
    Then it's a matter of taste even if there wasn't that much going there I still found this place to be very athmospheric and one of the trademarks of Kalimdor. I don't find new TN to look better at all and I avoid it all cost because of messy questing experience.

TN was very dear to me much like old Hillsbrad Foothills or Stranglethorn vale.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2018-02-01 at 08:26 AM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Thousand Needles was interesting because it was one of the few areas--if not the only one--that had more than one area to it (Not sure if biome is the right word).
    TN had the canyon bit and the salt flats bit; everywhere else was 'this is a desert zone, bitch' or 'this is a plains zone, bitch.'
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    So I used my left over b.net balance and bought 2 wow tokens.

lol.

rather than a second race change.

Deleted
    its was more beautiful then it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    How you guys/girls liking the new Allied Races?
    Also watching some of the Unlock Scenarios for them too.

Really looking to leveling a Nightborne Female Warlock, and then something for the Zandalari Trolls when they come out.
    For the Horde!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post

Really looking to leveling a Nightborne Female Warlock, and then something for the Zandalari Trolls when they come out.
    I'm liking it, pretty much been waiting for Allied Races + Zone Scaling for my Loremaster Achieve.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    its was more beautiful then it is now.
    Personally, I don't have much of an opinion on either. They are both pretty meh to me. But I can understand how people prefer the older TN.

Damn it, Baine. "This way," he says, just before flying off in the exact opposite direction to Mulgore.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I'm pretty excited for BfA, and I think its going to be a great expansion. Before WoD I would have never said any expansion is a filler expansion. WoD made it clear they were willing to make expansions that filled the space between real expansions. For clarity, Cata was not a filler expansion it was simply one where they bit off more then they could chew.
    WoD failed because it had an anemic patch cycle. It had an anemic patch cycle because it was supposed to be the first expansion that would only last 12-18 months, and it lasted 21 months instead. What happened was that the larger dev team allowed them to produce more content in the same amount of time, rather than speeding up the process of delivering content. So, WoD's patch cycle suffered in service of making Legion a more content-lush expansion. WoD was, essentially, the last experiment of the failed "yearly expansions" development philosophy.

Legion, on the other hand, wound up being, comparatively, more successful because it had more content to keep everyone busy for a longer period of time. Blizzard's philosophy finally shifted to filling up two years with a more robust patch cycle rather than trying to deliver yearly expansions. BfA seems to be expanding on that philosophy, by announcing a later 8.1 patch as well as keeping systems like Mythic+ and World Quests that keep dungeons and the world fresh for longer periods of time.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Cata had some fun changes to old world zones though. The thousand needles zone is a lot more interesting now with the goblin party barge thing and the whole area flooded. Also the badlands quest line to punch death wing IN THE FACE was hilarious.
    Can't disagree more about Thousand Needles, I cannot stand that place anymore. If I could undo one zone it would be that one. I hate it so much, I used to stay in zones longer than I needed to or go to the other continent so I could skip that godawful place.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Definitely not.
    he was talking about newly created level 20 toons and yes, they get 4x10 slot bags.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post

No pre-order for me, I'm more of a CE lad
    But I watched my brother do all the Unlocking Scenarios; Really liked the Nightborne one for the Horde and the Lightforged for the Alliance.

What made you choose NB, Undead boy?

FYI, just levelled my orc warlock to 110 today, am I an honorary member of the Horde yet?
    Last edited by CasualFilth; 2018-02-01 at 02:46 AM.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

https://twitter.com/perculia/status/958527912503689216

Perculia complaining that she can't run BFA on her mac? Is she implying that she has been playing?

It was special for me as Old Zul, because I used to sit at the Great Lift all day, mind controlling Alliance to their deaths. I miss those days. The salty Alliance tears were delicious.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1