7+ Year Old Account

Alliance Why Void Elves is Failure in the Alliance Lore and shouldn't never been made.

Void Elves may be popular but doesn't still change the fact they are the most unaspiring, uninteresting, and probably one of the most sad excuses of a allied race or race in general. You may say that oh Goblins, Worgens, and Pandas, are random races out of the blue for no reasons. But here's the thing these races have been in WoW's Lore since the very beginning of vanilla heck since Warcraft 2 and 3. Each of these races have a interesting backstory and didn't came out of blue for no reasons. But with Void Elves they don't have a interesting backstory other than just bunch of Exile Blood Elves who went into the void and became crazy stupid Emos.

Only reason why Void Elves were even made to begin is the because of Blizzard caving into the Blood Elf Diehard Fanboys who dislike the fact of High Elves being on the Alliance because of the Silver Covenant or High Elven Loggers around in Eastern Kingdoms or Small Outposts in Outlands. Then when the Alliance Players starts asking for playable high elves these people on the blood elf side or lore elites starts to act intitled and trash talking to the players who have been wanting them for years. When BFA was reveal Blizzard made a stupid sad excuse of race that Noone. NOONE ASK FOR! But instead they did and that's what makes the Void Elves today.

People who have been playing Warcraft 2 or Warcraft 3 ever since when WoW was made they have begging or asking Blizzard for years of playable races like forest trolls, Ogres, and High Elves. I could see High Elves as the most requested. Only reason why people love the High Elf Race so much is because of interesting Lore, Backstories of these interesting Characters like Alleria, Veressa, and More. When I start seeing the Silver Covenant in Wrath it was nice bit of nostalgia. Not just because they are race of same blood elves but they are culture of Silver/Snow Elves that have survived so long without going insane of magic loss and become wretched creatures like the rest of their kin which is the Blood Elves. They even still kept to their old culture while the Blood Elves go into a new one which is Fel and Lust for Magic Power after the Sunwell was Destroyed.

Its such a sad shame that High Elves will never be playable its not because of the some of alliance players who have asking for them for years. Its because of Blizzard not give the Alliance a true Alliance Race that have been with them for very long time in the lore. Its because of stupid ignorant dumb Blood Elf Elitists and lore massive egos who don't want a race because that might draw a decease on the horde side. Well guess what Void Elves already did that so there you go. Wanna know the sad truest thing about all of this. Its the fact that instead of developing a Character who had suffered by the hands of horde after the lost her husband and now her sister is the Queen Warchief jerk of the Horde. Blizzard kills her off because STUPID ANTI HIGH ELF HATERS AND BAD WRITING!!!!

Because of this there is no leader of the Silver Covenant. When there is no Leader the Silver Covenant is gone! You know I don't hate Blood Elf Players its just there are some that not only give the Blood Elf race a bad name but also the rest of lore of wow in general. Its these kinds of people is the reason why the customization for the Void Elves sucks, Its these kind of people is the reason why the Void Elves are most uninteresting race of Elves I have ever seen in WoW's History. I have seen better Fan Art of High Elves and heck they look so much different in terms of customization compare to Blizzard's sad excuse of high elves.

I'll not support the Void Elves, I'll not support this so call Bad Writing from Blizzard, and the Void Elf Race in General. If anything I rather just play Lightforged and upcoming soon New Human Allied subrace. Because atleast then I can enjoy a race that is 100% Lore Goodness then Bad Writing of Sad Excuse of Elves from Blizzard. Void Elves are not High Elves, They are not 100% True Alliance Race from the Warcraft 2/3 Games, and its a race that no one wanted.

Well I imagine this thread will be new, fresh, and original, and lead to insights and ideas that have never been brought to surface before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    High Elves are blood elves, Void elves are blood elves. Blood Elves are the new Thalassian elves. Void Elves are the new Thalassian exiles. Void Elves drove a tentacled stake into the heart of High Elves. Lots of people asked for Alliance Blood Elves. Very few people asked for Horde Night Elves. Blizz gave both.
    That's like saying that Mag'har, Dragonmaw, and regular(green) orcs are the same thing. Yes, they are all orcs, but they have some visual and many lore differences.

On the topic - I wanted high elves as much as the next guy. But to be honest - it was either something like void elves or no high elves at all. In the end - giving them different hair/face options simply would not be enough to market them as a separate race. At least lightforged/highmountain have some additional tattoos and different skin colours, which is not the case with high elves.

OP- try and not be enraged. The way I imagine my void elf is that he was a high elf, turned blood elf, but was opposed to joining the horde (if you read the lore of the blood elfs, many were against joining the horde, but their leader stifled rebellion swiftly). Alleria just gave this blood elf the ability to join the Alliance, which he has wanted to do for years.

It's lamentable that Blizz gave an Alliance race to the horde in BC. But sometimes marketing strategy beats even the desires of us players.

Quote Originally Posted by raivne View Post
    It's lamentable that Blizz gave an Alliance race to the horde in BC. But sometimes marketing strategy beats even the desires of us players.
    Yeah, after leaving the Alliance cause they felt it didn't keep them safe, rejoining them, and being threatened with summary execution they're totally an Alliance race.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank God I don't care about lore, and can play as the best looking race in-game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah, after leaving the Alliance cause they felt it didn't keep them safe, rejoining them, and being threatened with summary execution they're totally an Alliance race.
    One Aliiance general threatened them with death. True. Although noone was actually executed in the end.

Compare that to fighting among the Alliance for 2 major conflicts, with humans keeping them safe from the forest trolls.
    And compare this Alliance general's threats against the thousands of high elf lives taken by the horde in the first and second invasion.

Yes, they are totally an Aliiance race. And were before Blizz realized no one wanted to play horde pre-BC.

I understand that Void Elves are essentially giving High Elves to the Alliance, but the way they did it was pretty badly written. A group of Blood Elves corrupt their own bodies with the void and then are exiled from Silvermoon, and are rejected from the Horde, even though this is against Sylvanas' wishes since she allowed the Nightborne in for their arcane power. The Void Elves are then accepted into the Alliance, WHO BY THE WAY, rejected their plea as Blood Elves to join in the first place. The whole thing is a fucking mess.

It would have made wayyyyyy more sense if the Void Elves were High Elves first. It would be exactly the same story but Vereesa would simply send them to her sister to master the power. The Horde wouldn't look bad as a counterbalance to the Alliance looking bad in behalf of the Nightborne though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    I understand that Void Elves are essentially giving High Elves to the Alliance, but the way they did it was pretty badly written. A group of Blood Elves corrupt their own bodies with the void and then are exiled from Silvermoon, and are rejected from the Horde, even though this is against Sylvanas' wishes since she allowed the Nightborne in for their arcane power. The Void Elves are then accepted into the Alliance, WHO BY THE WAY, rejected their plea as Blood Elves to join in the first place. The whole thing is a fucking mess.

It would have made wayyyyyy more sense if the Void Elves were High Elves first. It would be exactly the same story but Vereesa would simply send them to her sister to master the power. The Horde wouldn't look bad as a counterbalance to the Alliance looking bad in behalf of the Nightborne though.
    Back when the Blood Elves first requested to join the Alliance, the Alliance was under different leadership.
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    High Elves are blood elves, Void elves are blood elves. Blood Elves are the new Thalassian elves. Void Elves are the new Thalassian exiles. Void Elves drove a tentacled stake into the heart of High Elves. Lots of people asked for Alliance Blood Elves. Very few people asked for Horde Night Elves. Blizz gave both.
    TBH what's funny is the Nightborne actually look different from Night Elves. The only difference between VElf and BElf is the colors, really.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I've been saying for years that the only way you'd ever get High Elves is if Blizzard wrote some new lore where they mutated or otherwise became visibly distinct from Blood Elves.

Blame TBC, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    Void Elves may be popular but doesn't still change the fact they are the most unaspiring
    I'm sure they aspire to things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Back when the Blood Elves first requested to join the Alliance, the Alliance was under different leadership.
    That doesn't really matter. The Alliance races as a whole were very prejudiced towards them. The High Elves of the Silver Covenant rejected their admission to the Kirin Tor, etc.

The Blood Elves didn't join the Alliance because they were disrespected on multiple levels. Just like how Tyrande treated Thalyssra and the Nightborne. The two races are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    One Aliiance general threatened them with death. True. Although noone was actually executed in the end.

Compare that to fighting among the Alliance for 2 major conflicts, with humans keeping them safe from the forest trolls.
    And compare this Alliance general's threats against the thousands of high elf lives taken by the horde in the first and second invasion.

Yes, they are totally an Aliiance race. And were before Blizz realized no one wanted to play horde pre-BC.
    Wasn't even the Alliance. Garithos was the "leader" of the what remained of the living humans of Lordaeron. The current Alliance it made up of humans from the Stormwind area which didn't have any involvement in the third war as they were rebuilding for getting massacred by the Horde in the second war.

The Forsaken are closer relatives to Garithos than residents of Stormwind. At least they're the same "human from Lordaeron".

Blizzard will retcon anything they want to make whatever they want fit where ever they like anyway. Wouldn't be the first and won't be the last time they do it.
    Last edited by Guy4123; 2018-02-01 at 02:07 AM.

Pointless lore vs a few extra million $$ from all the race changes/extra subs to level/boosts etc.

Yeahhh, i wonder why they chose to add a goth/emo blood elf now.

By one Alliance general you mean the highest ranking Alliance officer on the entire continent. Also they left the Alliance because they felt they hadn't kept them safe.

So on one hand you have the faction you were a member of, who failed you, betrayed you, and sentenced you to die.
    On the other you have a faction of beings you used to fight when they were demonically enslaved, who know what it's like to be in the gutter and recover from it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

There's been plenty of topics to this extent already, and we generally appreciate when threads provoke some form of discussion. Incessant ranting is better suited for a personal blog.

Closed.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions