15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Any idea if there's a mirage dresser for housing? And not just inn.
    Not yet, they wanted to keep it to the inn for now while they make sure it doesn't murder the servers etc. They'll release a crafted version later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Not yet, they wanted to keep it to the inn for now while they make sure it doesn't murder the servers etc. They'll release a crafted version later.
    I wish to murder the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Meh, I'm not going to use the glamour box. Way to unflexible as a system and the fact that it destroys items permanently is a pretty big turnoff. At least they kept the old system in parallel.

Why couldn't they just release a good version like WoWs?
    How is it unflexible? It's glamour storage. It works essentially as a more quick set method of having the items in retainer for glamour use.
    What are you going to use the items for that you need them kept as items?

I'm putting all the things that I consistently use for glamour on a regular basis, the favorites, in the glamour box. I put the level 50 starting hakama and gloves from Samurai in there. What am I ever going to do with those other than glamour them?

Plus you can always reacquire a lot of items, either through poetics you have almost no use for or the calamity salvager in many cases.

I'm sure the 200 slots will expand eventually, but I much prefer this over WoW's "scroll through 157 items you don't give a rat's ass about to find the one item you do" system. I have control of what items I actually want long term access to and make a decision rather than just dumping the world's items in front of me.

Though again.....I'm of an old dying mindset of MMO where players make decisions and choices rather than have everything under the sun available at their finger tips, so maybe I'm out of touch.

- - - Updated - - -

Aside from the glamour dresser, I commented on MSQ in the story spoiler thread.

However, I will say that I loved Hell's Lid and its ending and tying into the Four Lords. I'm looking forward to that whole series of stories. Seems like it will be much more interesting than The Warring Triad was.

Though, maybe it's because I've come to love Tataru's involvement in side stories more and more. Alphinaud's fiscal irresponsibility and her admonishments are quite amusing!

FC members and I will head into Omega's new challenges tonight. Last night was MSQ, both dungeons, and Byakko (which is a fantastically fun fight for a first time seeing it. The "avoid his attacks" phase is a fun change).

10+ Year Old Account
    This is sooo ridiculous!
    I wonder what kind of potatoes they have as servers that make them worried about a wee bit of transmog, while Blizzard pulls of stunts like personal Garrisons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    What are you going to use the items for that you need them kept as items?
    Simple: say, you want to wear civilian clothing outside of dungeons w/o wanting to change actual items.
    So you create a transmog plate and switch.

MEEP. Change is permanent, if you want your combat armor back for the next run you have to eeeh.. yeah ..WTH you have to DESTROY your actual armor in order to create an empty "no transmog" plate to switch back.
    Either that or spam de-transmog prisms. EVERY TIME.

Also, IIUC, the plate is always applied COMPLETELY. Which means, you can't use a plate to exchange 3-4 items and leave the rest as is.

Next example: say the current tank gear looks awesome on DRK but doesn't suit your PLD at all.
    No problem, you create a plate for your PLD, woo.
    MEEEP want to play your DRK again? Too bad you need to DESTROY the items, in order to get the outfit back.

You would have to manually spam de-transmog prisms every time you switch back.
    Do you get my point now why this is an utter bullshit system or do I need to continue?

They need to make these palettes a temporary overlay, remove the restriction of destroying items and make it so that you can toggle empty slots to either do nothing if the overlay is applied or to apply an "empty" slot aka undress that part.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2018-01-31 at 05:14 PM.

Personally I wish they'd just tie Glamours to the Job Crystals so when you go to x job you can have x look. That's all they needed to do.

This is sooo ridiculous!
    I wonder what kind of potatoes they have as servers that make them worried about a wee bit of transmog, while Blizzard pulls of stunts like personal Garrisons.
    You mean the one that took a decade to get to that point of stabilization and had full server crashes back in the day?

The one that still hasn't offered housing of any sort, took almost a decade to offer transmog, and is just now experimenting with armor not being skinned onto the character model? WoW has its share of failures to deliver "big stunts" until well after their competition was doing so too.

And are you really surprised? The armoire and toy box were released in the inns first and added as crafted items later as well. I never saw them give a reason on the dresser, I just assumed it was something they released and would decide on a crafting version later as they tend to always do.

Simple: say, you want to wear civilian clothing outside of dungeons w/o wanting to change actual items.
    That's very specific and seems it would be easier to keep the civilian clothing on you so you have a hotkey swap instead of having to go back to the inn/FC house.

Even WoW's system requires you to return to a specific place to swap out transmog, and charges you money each time, to do this. And on higher level gear, that cost has been getting costly to think about swapping every time you're in town.

Also, IIUC, the plate is always applied COMPLETELY. Which means, you can't use a plate to exchange 3-4 items and leave the rest as is.
    I'm unclear what you mean here.

Last night I put a chest, legs, boots, gloves in and made a plate. I applied the plate. My earring didn't change, it just stayed as is. I noticed this because there's only one earring I particularly like and when I realized this, I put it in the dresser and added it to the plate anyway.

Next example: say the current tank gear looks awesome on DRK but doesn't suit your PLD at all.
    No problem, you create a plate for your PLD, woo.
    MEEEP want to play your DRK again? Too bad you need to DESTROY the items, in order to get the outfit back.
    You would have to manually spam de-transmog prisms every time you switch back.
    Do you get my point now why this is an utter bullshit system or do I need to continue?
    That's a fair one if you're wanting two sets for the same role using the same armor and only one to be glamoured. It didn't address that issue that was there with the base system in this instance.

They need to make these palettes a temporary overlay, remove the restriction of destroying items and make it so that you can toggle empty slots to either do nothing if the overlay is applied or to apply an "empty" slot aka undress that part.
    Another option would be to add a "dispel plate" to the dresser so it's a one click removal, effectively accomplishing the temporary overlay. If you can use a glamor dispel, there shouldn't be a reason a full dispel plate couldn't work the same way.

Destroying the item, I still don't have a huge issue with. I think this was intended to be for old gear you're not actively using. It's meant to be a complimentary system, not a full replacement of the glamours entirely.

Toggling empty slots to do nothing - again, my empty slot did nothing. It didn't make any change to my earring, so I'm still not understanding what it's doing. I'll tinker with it tonight to better understand this.

For an empty slot to "undress" you'd just put the emperor's new ___ in there. I think that's probably a requirement since having it auto-undress an empty slot would mean you HAVE to fill every slot (unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying there).
    Last edited by Faroth; 2018-01-31 at 06:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Toggling empty slots to do nothing - again, my empty slot did nothing. It didn't make any change to my earring, so I'm still not understanding what it's doing. I'll tinker with it tonight to better understand this.

For an empty slot to "undress" you'd just put the emperor's new ___ in there. I think that's probably a requirement since having it auto-undress an empty slot would mean you HAVE to fill every slot (unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying there).
    That is good to know, I didn't test it myself b/c I am weary of destroying items I don't know how to get back (e.g. event stuff) and people in the forums complained about everything being applied all the time.
    Emperors would indeed be the proper way to undress certain slots.

Just for kicks, what happens if you create an empty plate and use it after mogging with another? I guess it would keep the mog and not revert to the original armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Even WoW's system requires you to return to a specific place to swap out transmog, and charges you money each time, to do this.
    Yep, esp the "display hat / back / shoulder" is annoying b/c I cannot toggle it in the field.
    Also the above is the reason why I kept all my items in WoW too, so I can change at the press of a button w/o running to some NPC.

Also just remembered when I was looking - Artifact armor goes in your armoire. The armoire is accessible via the glamour dresser, so nothing in there takes up one of your 200 slots.

Now hopefully the dyeable versions can go in there eventually (if they don't already - haven't tried that yet)
    Sorry, I tend to call all of the job specific armor sets artifact armor. I like to collect the various armor sets to go along with each job. Sadly, these are filling up my retainers just between the 6 jobs I have leveled up, can't imagine how I'll be able to collect the other jobs, plus some of the raid sets I like. First world problems. But oh well. I'm still going to come back and play through the new story stuff, and check out the new dungeons and raids.

I'd much rather them have an interface similar to the one used in SW:ToR, and I believe LotRO uses the same or similar concept.

Your character equipment sheet has two tabs (or more if you unlock them); The base tab with the gear you're actually equipped with and another tab with the same slots available, but reflect what you're character is displaying/ wearing. This allows your character to look the same for as long as you want the look and not having to reapply it every time you get a new piece of gear and gives you the freedom to have multiple looks for different reasons. In SW:ToR the glamour slots don't actually hold the piece of gear (it's not taken from your inventory and placed in the slot) it just registers the look of the gear for that slot.

FFXIV glamour system sucks, but it's what we've got. The only thing i was hoping this glamour thing fixed was being able to have multiple glamours applied to different pieces of gear so I could apply my class specific armor look for everything (if I chose to) rather than having to pick which tank, caster, melee DPS, Ranged DPS set I glamoured and have the other classes look the same because they have to display the base gear set.

Quote Originally Posted by Resiak View Post
    Sorry, I tend to call all of the job specific armor sets artifact armor. I like to collect the various armor sets to go along with each job. Sadly, these are filling up my retainers just between the 6 jobs I have leveled up, can't imagine how I'll be able to collect the other jobs, plus some of the raid sets I like. First world problems. But oh well. I'm still going to come back and play through the new story stuff, and check out the new dungeons and raids.
    Yeah, I learned later the dyed and the tomestone "AF sets" from each expansion aren't in there. Agree they should expand the Armoire for those.

Good news: I'm off work all week.

Bad news: It's due to having the flu.

For now I'm just grinding red scrips for the recipe books, then I'll work on getting my most-played sets crafted (caster, tank, healer).

The new glam thing leaves a bit to be desired; I was hoping to be able to use AF sets on, say, PLD, while other two tanks have something different. Doesn't really work that way. Oh well. This is a reasonable start, but I hope they continue to flesh this feature out over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is good to know, I didn't test it myself b/c I am weary of destroying items I don't know how to get back (e.g. event stuff) and people in the forums complained about everything being applied all the time.
    Emperors would indeed be the proper way to undress certain slots.

Just for kicks, what happens if you create an empty plate and use it after mogging with another? I guess it would keep the mog and not revert to the original armor.
    Can't create an empty plate.
    Event stuff you can buy back and they don't let you put into the dresser. You can access the event stuff in the dresser though with a button that toggles it to the cabinet that you store all your event items.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2018-01-31 at 09:58 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Good news: I'm off work all week.

For now I'm just grinding red scrips for the recipe books, then I'll work on getting my most-played sets crafted (caster, tank, healer).

The new glam thing leaves a bit to be desired; I was hoping to be able to use AF sets on, say, PLD, while other two tanks have something different. Doesn't really work that way. Oh well. This is a reasonable start, but I hope they continue to flesh this feature out over time.
    You can, but you have to use like macro work around to do it. Since the feature to save to gear sets isn't in yet, it is going to come later tho.

Reddit Thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Common these days, half our school i sick.
    Get well soon!

You can, but you have to use like macro work around to do it. Since the feature to save to gear sets isn't in yet, it is going to come later tho.

Reddit Thread
    I’m not too worried about it for now; I did wonder how it could be put into a macro (I have a macro for each job since I set titles on each), but since they can’t be changed when outside a town, not much point in setting those up just yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Common these days, half our school i sick.
    Get well soon!
    It’s been running rampant in the town I live in. Course my mother would text me about it and literally hours later I end up with the shit. :-/

I’ll be sure to poke fun at her about it, though.

Don't fuck around, get your seasonal flu shots, folks. And stay the Hell away from other people as much as possible. I mean, I do that on general principle anyways, but still!

More OT, I've enjoyed the Ananta dailies so far, story is cute and the tasks have been nice and straightforward.

Yep, esp the "display hat / back / shoulder" is annoying b/c I cannot toggle it in the field.
    Also the above is the reason why I kept all my items in WoW too, so I can change at the press of a button w/o running to some NPC.
    Confirmed blank slots do nothing and leave the existing item displaying as is.

I also completely overlooked that you can swap them so long as you're in a city without going to the dresser, so that was nice to find last night. Still means a trip back, but not all the way to the inn/FC house.

For those designing different sets for PLD/WAR/DRK, though, make 3 plates and you can swap at will. For a "blank plate" you could always make that plate just "Emperor's New Necklace" and nothing else, that might allow for "PLD looks like 50 AF, DRK looks like 70 tank set" swaps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Don't fuck around, get your seasonal flu shots, folks. And stay the Hell away from other people as much as possible. I mean, I do that on general principle anyways, but still!
    I tend to get one every other year it seems, not intentionally, but by just forgetting. >.>;

Bright side, I haven't been sick for about 13 years now...... until this Christmas to New Year's bridge. At first I thought it was food poisoning, but in hindsight, maybe it was the flu? Still dunno. I slept for a couple of days, didn't eat anything, and sipped fluids. Temperature spiked one day, but otherwise no fever.

"Never get sick, perfect immune system. I can raise and lower my cholesterol at will."
    "Why would you raise your cholesterol?"
    "....so I can lower it again."

Byakko EX down and farmed. Love the sword/shield models (even tho I don't use shields). Wish I could dye it though...

Good fight. I dig the mechanics, was definitely easier IMO than Shinryu (because Shin frontloads all difficulty on 2 healers and no one else, which if you dont have good healers rip) due to shifting of responsibility around.

Will try and tackle Savage tonight. I cleared normal. I liked OS5 and 6. 7 was kinda boring. Actually really boring and while 8 was decent, I didn't care too much for it.

@Faroth while I understand that it did take WoW 10 years to get Tmog right that in no way excuses FF14 for its awful system, and it's barely better "improvements". You can't look at them in a vacuum and call that fair. You have to always look at your competition and compare features when designing a solution.

If I released a calculator today that could make phone calls and play music people would look at me like I'm stupid, because I would be. That's the equivalent of what SE is trying to do. Now I get it, their legacy code was probably written by outsourced 6 year olds in Costa Rica and fixing/upgrading that is near impossible/expensive, but it doesn't absolve them of their responsibility to put out quality solutions.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2018-02-01 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    @Faroth while I understand that it did take WoW 10 years to get Tmog right that in no way excuses FF14 for its awful system, and it's barely better "improvements". You can't look at them in a vacuum and call that fair. You have to always look at your competition and compare features when designing a solution.
    I'm not even bothering anymore, man. If you have absolutely nothing but contempt and disgust for this game and its developers, I have nothing to discuss.

Already had people complaining about the system doing things it doesn't even do.

It does everything WoW does except give you a book of every single item in the entire game dumped on you (which I utterly despised when I tried to use it). Only I think XIV gives you more flexibility in how you want to address it, offers you multiple sets, more accesible swaps, and doesn't charge you 100s of gils per swap.

But sure, it's garbage and the developers are incompetents that have children code for them.

Yeah, not bothering trying to discuss this with you.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2018-02-01 at 06:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still maintain that a forced "destroy the item" is idiotic and is the main point of critique for me.
    Esp when you want to mog between a custom outfit and the actual visuals of your current gear.