Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Pulsing damage also means that self-healing portion of Binding Heal becomes more effective since it won't overheal as much. Two talents could be fairly interchangeable and set bonus *seems* to favour BH a bit more. It's still pretty bad, so... eh, we'll see I guess.
    But the bonus does not tell you that it works with BH unless you already have BH talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    But the bonus does not tell you that it works with BH unless you already have BH talented.
    That's the way it works for all bonuses that are affected by a talent, though. Warlock T21 doesn't say it works on siphon life unless talented, BM T19 changed effects entirely when you spec'd into dire frenzy instead of stomp (because suddenly you no longer summoned beasts), and so forth.

More related to the topic - has anyone played around with binding heal+the holy belt? Considering we have a ton of super strong trinkets to choose from healing-wise (Pantheon+ either highfathers or manaregen), I've stopped using Velens on both my holy priest and resto shaman, simply because I already have options that provide ~6-8% throughput, but passively, rather than having to micro-manage - which has let me play around with other legendaries.

Considering Binding heal can be spammed with reckless abandon (same mana cost as a heal), and it gives a stack of both of the belt-buffs I've wondered if anyone has actually taken advantage of this - BH is already a fairly potent option due to the new set bonus allowing you to weave BH->PoH->BH->PoH during AOE (and considering BH resets sancts cooldown, makes AOE healing super potent), but the fact that BH is so cheap it can essentially be used 24/7 even when very little damage is going on (and it's not worth it to cast a holy word), you can stack extra power into your sanct and serenity almost constantly. There's going to be some fights where this isn't super useful on Mythic, but others like Portal Keeper, Coven (stack extra power into serenity to negate a frost debuff instantly as an example), and Argus (stack up for the rage's while nothing else happens in between) it seems fairly strong.
    Not as strong as velens, obviously, but considering the other legendary is usually a survivability (either Prydaz or Archbishop's), and Binding heal already provides you with a *lot* of self healing, it might be worth it on some fights from a progression PoV.

I have the 2-Piece thanks to 'lucky' drops....it's very meh....
    Don't even notice it ever which is sad, I wish the tier set bonuses were as interesting as ones like the mage set from Hellfire that summoned time echoes, that was cool. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post

More related to the topic - has anyone played around with binding heal+the holy belt?
    I tried it on Hasabel and it was ok. Part of my problem was that BH doesn't proc Blessing of T'uure nor Eonar Verdant Embrace. And when you are spamming BH on low damage phase, FH seems too expensive and Heal seems too slow.
    I ran it with Velen/Eonar, 4pT21 and Almaiesh. Next time, I could try with Velen/Eonar and Drape of Shame. Or Highfather Machination/Eonar plus X'anshi/Almaiesh.
    I don't think Prydaz is very good combined with BH and BH isn't boosted by Muze.

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    I tried it on Hasabel and it was ok. Part of my problem was that BH doesn't proc Blessing of T'uure nor Eonar Verdant Embrace. And when you are spamming BH on low damage phase, FH seems too expensive and Heal seems too slow.
    I ran it with Velen/Eonar, 4pT21 and Almaiesh. Next time, I could try with Velen/Eonar and Drape of Shame. Or Highfather Machination/Eonar plus X'anshi/Almaiesh.
    I don't think Prydaz is very good combined with BH and BH isn't boosted by Muze.
    To be fair, the only thing that *does* proc Verdant Embrace is flash heal, which is fairly expensive - to the degree that unless I was *actually* going to flash heal someone, I don't like to spend the mana just for the 300K shield. It's sort of silly that it has no consistency across classes - it's plea and rejuv (instant and spamable) for disc+druid, healing wave (cheap, long cast) for shaman, flash heal (short, expensive cast) for holy priest... I mean, I get that it's not riptide for shamans (you'd not have enough riptide casts to use the proc due to the CD), but shouldn't it be either healing surge for shaman, or heal for holy priest to make some kind of sense? (or even better, renew for holy so there's actually a minor reason to click the button; A 1000 eonar's giving ~450k shields on renew isn't terrible).

That's the way it works for all bonuses that are affected by a talent, though.
    Yes, but it should not be in cases where the talent adds another spell instead of replacing one.
    It is misleading and explains why people aren't aware of this use of the set bonus (unless they read up about it).

I for one aren't in the habit of trying all possible talents and checking if any set bonus descriptions might magically change.

Yes, but it should not be in cases where the talent adds another spell instead of replacing one.
    It is misleading and explains why people aren't aware of this use of the set bonus (unless they read up about it).
    Not only the set but legendaries, talents and weapon traits.
    BH works with Almaiesh but not Muze.
    BH works with 4PT21 but not Verdant Embrace
    BH works with Enduring Renewal but not Light of the N'aaru
    I'm 99% certain it doesn't trigger Blessing of T'uure either.
    We have to test everything. I find this to be fun but not very begginer friendly.

@Dracodraco : Not a huge fan of casting renew either. Second problem of Verdant embrace is that the 4 charges are all on a 30s timer. While playing with BH, I really have to get out of my way to find a use for 4 Flash Heal in the next 30s.
    I suppose linking the buff to BH would be too strong. But maybe make it 2 (stronger) charges for FH or one epic charge for Serenity or PoM.
    Anyway, I fear this boat sailed away a long time ago.

PS :Plea is a handy applicator for Disc but trinket in itself, both stats and primary effect are both crap, discipline wise.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    "BH works with Enduring Renewal but not Light of the N'aaru"

... I've been using that spell for so long and didn't know the latter. I might actually ditch the talent and pick up SoH, who knows.

E: Wait, it does work, though only 1s instead of 2.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2018-01-09 at 07:18 PM.

As far as I can tell, it's 3 second reduction for Serenity and Sanctuary for every BH, with or without Light of then Naaru.
    Tootip of serendipity says so too.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    As far as I can tell, it's 3 second reduction for Serenity and Sanctuary for every BH, with or without Light of then Naaru.
    Tootip of serendipity says so too.
    Well then, I guess the description is wrong (shocking... did they fix Chastise mana cost tooltip yet?). It's 3 seconds baseline, 4 with tier bonus, 5 with tier + LotN. 1 seconds instead of 2 seems harsh, but seeing how it affects both Holy Words, it works out fine.

I myself am just wearing highest iLvl more or less. I don't feel that dropping iLvl or better secondary stats is worth the set bonuses.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm working towards the 4pc since I'm Disc Priest. In my eyes it seems worth the wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Aevari View Post
    I'm working towards the 4pc since I'm Disc Priest. In my eyes it seems worth the wear.
    Well yes. There's no discussion it's very good for disc.
    Title sort of says "holy priest", though. It's like, right there.

Well yes. There's no discussion it's very good for disc.
    Title sort of says "holy priest", though. It's like, right there.
    It is very good for holy priests whenever they just happen to play disc--just like holy nova is very AoE good for disc whenever they happen to spec holy to do world quests

It is very good for holy priests whenever they just happen to play disc--just like holy nova is very AoE good for disc whenever they happen to spec holy to do world quests
    No, t21 is trash for holy.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    Trash is bit much, it's just highly situational. There are fights where chaining Binding Heal into PoH works very well and gives pretty good hps. 'Course, if someone uses Piety, it's far less useful. Meanwhile, old tier was good at all times, since it was basically 50% buff to a must have talent, not forcing any weird spell rotations for maximum benefit.

It could really use an extra charge, or just adding PoM/Renew to spells which proc it. After a certain point, you pretty much "have" to use it or lose enormous amount of int and stamina, which isn't really worth it.

You didn't read my post. Try again?

You didn't read my post. Try again?
    That you want to push your disc aoe agenda everywhere? Stick to the topic.

That you want to push your disc aoe agenda everywhere? Stick to the topic.
    I did. Everyone always points out that you can switch specs and there is no reason not to do so this time. It is on the holy loot table and great for its off-specs.
    The set is not so bad for holy either, the worst point against it is that it does not tell you outright that it works with binding heal unless you talent for it already--and that is an idiocity all tooltips share recently.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been running it once a week in heroic raid for a few weeks.

The trick to me seems to be to spec binding heal and weave BH POH This weekend I'm going to run apotheosis too just for giggles.

It's not an optimal tier bonus as tiers before have been, but played right it isn't as horrible as I thought initially.

I'm kinda liking it.