Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wellzy View Post
    no. That makes 0 business sense.

for several reasons.

1) They are not going to release classic to deter players from their current expansion. Regardless of state.

2) They will use Classic to attract returning players prior to BFA to entice them to try the new expansion.

3) They will use classic and BFA to pad their subs now, not later.

in addition. They would have never announced classic at blzzcon if they did not already have a proof of concept or working alpha

No expac has ever take n longer than one year to release form announcement for blizz in the last 7-10 years.

There is no reason to believe this will be any different.
    1. Most of the core players for Classic show little to no interest in BfA. They could release it any time and not have to worry as much about that.
    2. See 1. You may get a few checking it out, but it's more likely to be less than people who would want to try out Classic during a BfA content drought.
    3. Now or Later probably doesn't matter much for Blizz. They are doing fine now, so later could work too.

And you are right about them not wanting to announce it without having a proof of concept/working alpha... but that just means they know it works. It isn't any real indicator of how far they got before the announcement. Or an indicator of if they continued working on it after they did enough to get the project greenlit.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    What leaks?

The guy doesn't seem to have any sources?
    Sources? What century are you in?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Sources? What century are you in?
    Sources are all fake news anyway.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortextex View Post
    According to these sources (there are others out there), classic wow will be coming MUCH sooner than expected.
    It can't really come "much sooner than expected" unless you use the expectation of idiots who thought it would take more time to adapt existing content instead than to create an entire new expansion.
    People with a brain knew it could be done in about 6 to 12 monthes easily. Anything more is just commercial stalling to find the moment.

Random, totally unknown guys wasting 15min of my life saying: 'vanilla will be sooner than we all think' without any proof... oh, wait... using statements like 'possible', 'leak', 'might be', 'what if' are the the confirmed proofs!
    'If you do not like leaks why did you click on this video? That is just your fault!' LOL
    Seems legit and totally not clickbait.
    Please comment, like, subscribe, follow my twitter, snapchat, facebook and pay for my patreon!
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2018-01-30 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Random, totally unknown guys wasting 15min of my life saying: 'vanilla will be sooner than we all think' without any proof... oh, wait... using statements like 'possible', 'leak', 'might be', 'what if' are the the confirmed proofs!
    'If you do not like leaks why did you click on this video? That is just your fault!' LOL
    Seems legit and totally not clickbait.
    Please comment, like, subscribe, follow my twitter, snapchat, facebook and pay for my patreon!

haha this.

Rumor and Leaks are two completely different thing. The word "Leak" is extremely overused and misused nowadays.

7+ Year Old Account
    I still think we're looking at early 2019 for the classic server beta, and late 2019 for full release. I have no inside information, though, so could totally be wrong. That timeline seems to fit a bit better with how long it takes between when Blizzard announces something and when it actually comes out than a release coming later this year does.

Quote Originally Posted by Nheme View Post
    The reason I think they are further ahead than the community believes is this from an interview:

"What are the big issues that you're going to need to face here? You mentioned during the presentation that the server infrastructure that was there originally, is no longer in place. In fact, the way the game was programmed at that point must be wildly different to today. What else is there?

J. Allen Brack: You've highlighted the big ones. Before we started work on this project, we couldn't actually run vanilla WOW."

So they've reprogrammed some of Vanilla and got it running on the new infrastructure.
    He is indirectly saying the exact opposite of that - i.e. that they have Vanilla running, but on old server infrastructure and one of the challenges will be to get it to run on new server infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    It can't really come "much sooner than expected" unless you use the expectation of idiots who thought it would take more time to adapt existing content instead than to create an entire new expansion.
    People with a brain knew it could be done in about 6 to 12 monthes easily. Anything more is just commercial stalling to find the moment.
    12+ months still seems most likely, especially given this:

Quote Originally Posted by Forbes Interview
    Brack: But it is a larger endeavor than I think people imagine. It’s a huge technical challenge.

Newman: Can you talk about the reasons for that?

Brack: Sure. If you imagine—the biggest one is the way that the database works today, and the way that it worked in 2004, are extremely different. The way the servers are laid out and work today is very different than in 2004. The game doesn’t even—the old code doesn’t even build, right? The compiler—hardware has changed. Computers have moved on. There are new operating systems, new things. A lot of the old database and operating system versions aren’t even supported anymore. Those are 13 years old at this point.

Newman: Oracle isn’t standing in line to rebuild them for you?

Brack: Ah, they have this modern version that they’re eager for us to use, but the old one, not so much.

Newman: So talk about, then, the process that you guys are having to go through for actually making that happen. You’re essentially resurrecting dead tech and dead data.

Brack: Yep.
    They have a bit of a ways to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    12+ months still seems most likely, especially given this:

They have a bit of a ways to go.
    Well, obviously there IS a lot of work. But I mean, 6 to 12 months IS quite a lot of time to do things (they make entire games from scratch in 24 months).

I don't care when it comes out. As long as it has a one way collection (tmog etc) unlock to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Well, obviously there IS a lot of work. But I mean, 6 to 12 months IS quite a lot of time to do things (they make entire games from scratch in 24 months).
    And considering they are remaking most of the databases to work with newer systems, expecting it to be closer to 12 - 18 months seems more reasonable imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    I don't care when it comes out. As long as it has a one way collection (tmog etc) unlock to live.
    Nah, let's not have Classic have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    And considering they are remaking most of the databases to work with newer systems, expecting it to be closer to 12 - 18 months seems more reasonable imo.
    Remaking databases is not that long. It's complex and it's critical (no error is allowed), but it's relatively short. What takes the longest in development is usually the GUI, and I fully expect it to be the main piece of work.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    Obvious troll is obvious.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

My initial thought was that we were waiting until mid-late 2019, but the truth is, as others have said, all the content has been made. Some tweaks need to be made so the software can run on new hardware, but it's not like lots of design necessarily needs to go into the game. If there's anything of substance to these rumours (which, can't even call them rumours when they basically didn't say anything) my optimistic hope is that beta kicks in this summer, and by around Christmas we're looking at servers going live. That's very optimistic, though. Realistically, maybe we'll have Beta around Blizzcon, and servers going live about a year from now (Feb-March 2019)?

I said it before... and I'll say it again. Classic is coming before BfA because it is already DONE. It was done years ago. It doesn't take much to integrate it into current server technology.

But keep naysaying and denying it... right up until the announcement.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Honestly? Nothing to see here but a fat mess of a geek with a man bun, trying to get likes and views for a shitty Youtube channel, with no evidence of anything whatsoever beyond personal opinion trying to masquerade as "Leaks". Usual crap.

The servers will be out when Blizzard is ready for the to come out. Which is Soon (tm).
    All of this. Shitty "leak" is shitty. You've got some random guy claiming to have insider knowledge. They're not going to release Vanilla during promotion of Battle. Battle will be on its 2nd raid tier before Vanilla has a shot to see the light of day
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    We will get classic wow in 2018. Dont listen to all those 2019-2020 release trolls.
    ironic to hear this from the biggest vanillla troll on this forum

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Won't happen before Bfa, maybe during content draught on Bfa. Period.
    Classic should be released during content drought. One is beginning now, the next one is 2 years away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I said it before... and I'll say it again. Classic is coming before BfA because it is already DONE. It was done years ago. It doesn't take much to integrate it into current server technology.
    sorry but this IGNORANCE is unbeatable. but to quote yourself: "Stop spreading bullshit."
    because if you read https://www.forbes.com/sites/hnewman.../#7803d08a5134 you know that its far from your ignorant thinking done.