Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lazza25784 View Post
    Clearly promised? Give us the direct quote from Watcher to back up your claim.
    Blizzcon, two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by lazza25784 View Post
    Clearly promised? Give us the direct quote from Watcher to back up your claim.
    If you're going to sit here and try to defend Blizzard for not adding content after the final patch of their expansion in the massive 8-15 month long content droughts between the old expansion and the new expansion, then you clearly have lost your credibility as a legitimate consumer.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    To be fair, they promised no more content gaps at the end of this expansion yet we're still stuck with this patch for 12 months, just like lats time.
    Not that odd that people get annoyed when they simply lied to their customers.
    el oh el

Don't mean to pick on you personally here, but what a load of shit. It just screams entitlement to me. We still have more Silithus content and a new battleground on the way, and just got allied races unexpectedly early with a brand new leveling system. Just because it's not content that you want to do, doesn't mean it isn't content that can last until the next expansion, and already is 100x better than say...WoD.

I mean look, I hate leveling, and am not going to take advantage of what they gave us, but it's content. We weren't lied to, and we don't know what else they have planned before pre-patch and launch.

BfA got a fallback date. There's no actual release date. It will change at Gamescon, like Legion got changed.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    el oh el

Don't mean to pick on you personally here, but what a load of shit. It just screams entitlement to me. We still have more Silithus content and a new battleground on the way, and just got allied races unexpectedly early with a brand new leveling system. Just because it's not content that you want to do, doesn't mean it isn't content that can last until the next expansion, and already is 100x better than say...WoD.

I mean look, I hate leveling, and am not going to take advantage of what they gave us, but it's content. We weren't lied to, and we don't know what else they have planned before pre-patch and launch.
    Making old content scale is not new content. It's old content that now scales.

It has nothing to do with it being content "I want to do" or not. It's content that is utterly irrelevant to me because repeating that content for the uh, I don't know, fifth time just isn't fun. Like, I get that you worship Blizzard and all, but you need to take a serious look for a second and realize they treat their returning consumers like garbage.

Especially when you consider that Allied Races being a preorder bonus on the final patch of the expansion on the precipice of -another- content drought is about as scummy as you can get when it comes to a corporation.

This is a fucking subscription game, you have to pay 15$ a month for it. This isn't some MOBA that's F2P off steam that relies on whales to maintain profitability, and not only Blizzard but you as a consumer should be able to recognize that, regardless if you think it's "worth your money".

You know what else was better than WoD? Vanilla WoW, lmao. When you place your bar as low as WoD you start to say things like "Man it sure would be nice if players had content to do outside of a solo instance with buildings." It's not a high fucking bar to set and everyone knows it, and just because Blizzard set that bar there does that mean that's where your personal bar should be.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2018-02-01 at 05:43 AM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

el oh el

Allied races are hardly part of Legion and I sure as heck can't play them. So thats pure and utter bullshit.
    And no, rebranding the same content is not new content. It doesn't matter how you look at it.

And the bloody Silithus quests took 5 min to do, thats hardly worth much. So yes, it's the very same situation as last expansion only with an exrta BG then. Ironically, Tanaan and HfC actually lasted longer than the stuff we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I’m not impatient you thick sow

It amazes me that Blizzard still does shit like this
    You mean the reality that Blizzard has understood for years and repeatedly stated to the community that you do not that simply throwing more money and/or people at a problem does not solve it?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allied races are hardly part of Legion and I sure as heck can't play them. So thats pure and utter bullshit.
    And no, rebranding the same content is not new content. It doesn't matter how you look at it.
    I'm not really interested in a circular argument, because that's pretty much the only way this will go, so I'll just end it with a simple statement: it's content. People are doing it now, that wouldn't have done it before. The end.

Like I said, it's not for me and I fully intend to unsub after I down Mythic Argus, but it's blatantly dishonest to say that it's a content draught on the same level as WoD. I don't recall Blizzard promising "the content Aggrophobic wants to do and what he considers content" when they said they didn't want a repeat of WoD. They are adding things to the game to do while waiting for the next expansion.

No, they have timegated content but a the patch came out months ago and we're not getting any more of that.

- - - Updated - - -

There are no new races until BfA is out, what are you talking about?
    Also, leveling in the same zones and doing the same quests we've had for years is not new content.

The gap is just as large as it was in WoD, nothing changed there other than the fact that Blizzard is gating part of the patch content but there is hardly more to do.
    It’s updated content that feels fairly new. Leveling has been garbage for a long long time and now it feels very refreshing.

Also, look at how many people are leveling the new allied races we just got. Even though you don’t consider them new, they definitely are cosmetically new.

Just because you don’t like certain things doesn’t mean it’s not content. Sorry but while your sitting here complaining I’ll be continuing my reach to 110 with the revamped scaling/leveling while mythic progress raiding and afterwards hit up the Silithis questlines whenever they get added in as well as the BG.

Plenty of content for me to do. Drought hasn’t come close to starting yet. Sorry to burst your bubble though

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    Is 8 months really that long?
    It really is for a paid MMORPG. As you said though, you can always unsub. However, taking into account the resources (both manpower and profits wise) that the IP wields I'd expect a separate (albeit smaller) team to develop continuous content between big patches on a monthly (or every other month) basis. I don't think that's unreasonable at all. Sort of like what they did with micro-holidays, I suppose.

They give us the option to play allied races early, how is this a bad thing?
    The problem for me is in the requirement besides the pay-wall. I originally purchased Legion to get my main to 110 and experience the core storyline, not to grind the same content over and over again - which is exactly what is required to gain exalted status with factions to play sub-races. I'm not attacking people who enjoy grinding, but it doesn't do it for me and sure as hell shouldn't be a requirement to enjoy any sort of BfA content (which we already pay for). If anything then stick to the requirement of completing a specific storyline relating to the respective faction you wish to play as.

I'm a medical doctor which means that spare time for me is almost non-existent. I don't want to spend what precious little spare time I have on grinding when instead I could be spending it on things I bought the game for -- to enjoy myself (which is the objective of any game, to enjoy yourself). And for me that entails leveling up a new race that I already paid for.

And why would you get a free race change?
    I don't know. I guess it makes sense to exchange your free 110 boost for a race change, but it's no biggie for me personally.
    Last edited by Nokonda; 2018-02-01 at 02:47 PM.

I welcome a content drought just so I can get into other games without feeling like I'm missing out on Warcraft.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I'm not really interested in a circular argument, because that's pretty much the only way this will go, so I'll just end it with a simple statement: it's content. People are doing it now, that wouldn't have done it before. The end.

Like I said, it's not for me and I fully intend to unsub after I down Mythic Argus, but it's blatantly dishonest to say that it's a content draught on the same level as WoD. I don't recall Blizzard promising "the content Aggrophobic wants to do and what he considers content" when they said they didn't want a repeat of WoD. They are adding things to the game to do while waiting for the next expansion.
    No, it's not content or rather it's the same content we've had sinze Cata and in some cases since vanilla. You saying that it is does not change that fact.
    Maybe you're haveing a hard time understanding the meaning of the word, I don't know but that doesn't change a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    It’s updated content that feels fairly new. Leveling has been garbage for a long long time and now it feels very refreshing.

Also, look at how many people are leveling the new allied races we just got. Even though you don’t consider them new, they definitely are cosmetically new.

Just because you don’t like certain things doesn’t mean it’s not content. Sorry but while your sitting here complaining I’ll be continuing my reach to 110 with the revamped scaling/leveling while mythic progress raiding and afterwards hit up the Silithis questlines whenever they get added in as well as the BG.

Plenty of content for me to do. Drought hasn’t come close to starting yet. Sorry to burst your bubble though
    It's still the same garabe, the exact same garabge only it takes more time to get through it now. Nothing has changed. No new zones, no new custs, no new classes, nothing.

Again, the allied races are not part of Legion. We're in the exact same situation as in WoD.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not content or rather it's the same content we've had sinze Cata and in some cases since vanilla. You saying that it is does not change that fact.
    Maybe you're haveing a hard time understanding the meaning of the word, I don't know but that doesn't change a thing.
    10 months from last raid vs 14 months from last raid. It is a 4 month (30%) improvement. It might not be ideal, but it is going in the right direction.

So no we are not in the same situation as WoD

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, they have timegated content but a the patch came out months ago and we're not getting any more of that.

- - - Updated - - -

There are no new races until BfA is out, what are you talking about?
    Also, leveling in the same zones and doing the same quests we've had for years is not new content.

The gap is just as large as it was in WoD, nothing changed there other than the fact that Blizzard is gating part of the patch content but there is hardly more to do.
    Rather it’s time gated or not is irrelevant it’s a matter of fact that we are geting more post end raid content then any past expan, with new story quest new races and even a new bg.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2018-02-01 at 03:02 PM.

At the time I am posting this, there are 107 guilds in the world that have killed Mythic Argus.

I would be shocked if all the people complaining about "lack of content" are part of that group. There is content to do, people don't seem to want to try and do the content provided.

There is content, it can't be expected of Blizzard to make tailored content for each of their subscribers. Get out there and experience what has been provider or unsubscribe if you have hit your version of "done".

Seems simple

People are complaining about a content drought that at maximum will be 8 months?

Okie day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I’m not impatient you thick sow

It amazes me that Blizzard still does shit like this
    Making games is not easy. I would also say that every blizzard expansion is finished when it is released. Not like the latest mass effect and Assassin's Creed: Unity that had bugs so fucking deep it took months to fix. Sure there was this one time in WoD with garriosons. but it was like that a few days until they fixed it.
    Also looking back on Legion they have been able to provied new content every few months. How do you know they won't keep releaseing smaller content patches before BfA is released?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It is the internet, there's always going to be whining.
    Omg, someone complaining about the internet... REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imonaboat13 View Post
    At the time I am posting this, there are 107 guilds in the world that have killed Mythic Argus.

I would be shocked if all the people complaining about "lack of content" are part of that group. There is content to do, people don't seem to want to try and do the content provided.

There is content, it can't be expected of Blizzard to make tailored content for each of their subscribers. Get out there and experience what has been provider or unsubscribe if you have hit your version of "done".

Seems simple
    Difficulty settings don't count as additional content. Otherwise you could argue that leveling with heirlooms, leveling without heirlooms, leveling without gear all count as different pieces of content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    The content wasn't updated. It's the same quests, same zones. It only takes longer to get through it. The only tweak was the scaling, which in itself isn't content, as all the zones and quests were already accessible before.

If it feels fresh, that's you. The content has been there for over 7 years.

Just because you like certain things, doesn't mean it is.

All this is coming from someone who has things to do in-game and doesn't mind the expected drought. I also enjoy not being tied to certain zones while leveling. Regardless, it's not new content.
    Last edited by Eace; 2018-02-01 at 03:39 PM.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    Difficulty settings don't count as additional content. Otherwise you could argue that leveling with heirlooms, leveling without heirlooms, leveling without gear all count as different pieces of content.
    I wasn't saying it's additional content (though I would argue that different mechanics kind of makes it different content) but that folks hadn't even completed the content that is in the game.