Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    To be fair, they promised no more content gaps at the end of this expansion yet we're still stuck with this patch for 12 months, just like lats time.
    Not that odd that people get annoyed when they simply lied to their customers.
    NO They did not!!!! They promised shorter content gaps and look like they will deliver on that.

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    NO They did not!!!! They promised shorter content gaps and look like they will deliver on that.
    They deliver on that by cutting a couple of months from what would have been the drought and putting them into the middle of the expansion in the form of months it now takes to unlock each new raid. If it wasn't for these months added into the middle, the period of nothing between Legion and BFA would fight for the first spot with whoever is the record holder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It is the internet, there's always going to be whining.
    It is internet and even worse it's Mmo-Champion . Where it comes to Blizzard bashing, don't look further, we have the best whiny threads around!

Deleted
    I don't think "whining" is out of order here, it is still far longer wait than we've had otherwise in legion in between tiers. I'd much rather have all the tiers including the last one be of equal lenght, now antorus just drags on.

Saying to unsubscribe and not whine when something is bothering us kills any conversation. Some of this "whining" is constructive criticism that's needed for a healthy game.

well in a thread someone made a few weeks after blizzcon, it was a release date speculation thread with a poll on top, and most of the people voted for august-september release, so dont see the point of the fuss now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    Just because you like certain things, doesn't mean it is.
    Regardless, it's not new content.
    Words don't work the way you want them to unfortunately
    Liking certain things and doing them does literally make them content. Mount collecting, achievement hunting, competitive raiding, leveling, doing dailies, grinding rep

This is all content, just not necessarily content you want to do.

Man the entitlement is strong these days.

Am I the only one who likes a long final raid tier? 10 months feels right. Problem is it feels like a lot longer because of their 'zone first, raid later' release philosophy this expansion (which crippled Legion in 7.2).

Some of the mid content felt like it jumped the gun. They could've easily shaved 1 to 2 months off the final crawl by delaying previous patches each by 1 to 3 weeks.

Clearly they are more concerned with the pacing throughout an expansion's release schedule and then after they are done it is just a matter of how quickly can we move on. You can also argue without semi starving the regular game, you will not get as rigorous of beta testing bc people will be too busy playing live to fuck with beta.
    Last edited by elaina; 2018-02-01 at 05:02 PM.

Some people just want to whine about anything.

Personally I just ignore them and move along with my day. Sure it's very petty but why waste time listening to complaints that are silly when we've had much longer droughts and general wait time between patches.

Current content pace is incredible and complaining about it taking forever is stupid.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    So BfA gets a release date and goes up for pre order, thats a good thing right? I thought so but I have seen some dumb complaints about it today and I don't understand it, some of the dumb complaints I have seen are:

1. OMG THE CONTENT DROUGHT! 8 MORE MONTHS?!
    2. OMG ALLIED RACES ARE LEGION CONTENT THAT YOU ONLY GET WITH A PRE ORDER!
    3. OMG IM A TAUREN AND I DONT GET A FREE RACE CHANGE TO HIGH MOUNTAIN TAUREN!

I mean, what the actual f**k? Is 8 months really that long? Unsubscribe until it's released if you have run out of stuff to do. They give us the option to play allied races early, how is this a bad thing? And why would you get a free race change? That's never been a thing when they have introduced new races has it?

Blizzard could literally have said its dropping March 1st and people would of complained its too long of a wait.

Quote Originally Posted by js3915 View Post
    Blizzard could literally have said its dropping March 1st and people would of complained its too long of a wait.
    Nah, they'd probably complain that it's rushed and being released too soon, Executus!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    It is internet and even worse it's Mmo-Champion . Where it comes to Blizzard bashing, don't look further, we have the best whiny threads around!
    You can go further than MMO-champion, some russian, german and a few other fansites has just as much whining.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

To be fair, they promised no more content gaps at the end of this expansion yet we're still stuck with this patch for 12 months, just like lats time.
    Not that odd that people get annoyed when they simply lied to their customers.
    To be fair, 7.3.5 was released now, together with allied races, some story content on silithus, allied races scenarios, a battleground soon, ulduar timewalking. The real no content period starts from now. Even if they release next expansion at the end of august, that's 7 months without content at most. Stop acting so retarded and pretending that you didn't get ANY content after 7.3 hit the servers last september.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean? They quite clearly promised that anything like the content drought that we have now would never happen again. Watcher stood and repeated that multiple times yet here we are. How they actually do it, I don't care. It's Blizzards problem to fix.
    It's only a content drought if there is no other content in the next 7 months and if you have a working crystal ball can I get next weeks lotto numbers? Otherwise shut up until there as actually been a drought.

Also, not saying that you are wrong, but you got a source on that quote coz I don't recall it and anyone can say something is true, proving it is another matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

No, it's not content or rather it's the same content we've had sinze Cata and in some cases since vanilla. You saying that it is does not change that fact.
    Maybe you're haveing a hard time understanding the meaning of the word, I don't know but that doesn't change a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

It's still the same garabe, the exact same garabge only it takes more time to get through it now. Nothing has changed. No new zones, no new custs, no new classes, nothing.

Again, the allied races are not part of Legion. We're in the exact same situation as in WoD.
    I’m playing them in legion so for me they’re 100% part of legion. The requirements are from legion and I’m playing them right now, so for me that’s legion content.

Even if you decide to ignore all of that like you ignorantly have, I’m still progress raiding. That alone will be another month or so. So even ignoring everything else the drought would only be 6 months (7 maximum) which is a gigantic improvement from 12-14.

But then we have the pre patch coming, more silithus quests coming and the new BG coming. All of which will be new content. So the drought will be even shorter than that. I know you love to complain like 10 times a day about the game but you’re very clearly wrong and many people have told you this already.

And leveling is still content bud. Even if you want to say it isn’t, it is. Now that leveling was improved and new races were added I’ll be leveling them up when I’m done raiding. So that’s another month or so taken off.

4-5 month content drought is a massive improvement from any of the previous expansions. They’ve done a much better job.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2018-02-01 at 07:53 PM.

No, it didn't get a release date.

It got a fallback/oh shit date. They have to give something when they release preorders. Do people not remember Legion date changing?

All the clickbaity YouTube videos weren't enough?

It will get an official date at Gamescon or something.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    Actually, 12 months is about the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Rather it’s time gated or not is irrelevant it’s a matter of fact that we are geting more post end raid content then any past expan, with new story quest new races and even a new bg.
    There are like 2 quests that takes you 5 min to do and no, the races are not part of Legion.
    Many of us won't be able to play with thoes untill the boxes get here a few days befor BfA releases and it's not like new races offer any actual content. It's either do the same quests you've done the lats 8+ years or buy a race change. Thats hardly new content even if the were part of Legion (again, they aren't).

So BfA gets a release date and goes up for pre order, thats a good thing right? I thought so but I have seen some dumb complaints about it today and I don't understand it, some of the dumb complaints I have seen are:

1. OMG THE CONTENT DROUGHT! 8 MORE MONTHS?!
    2. OMG ALLIED RACES ARE LEGION CONTENT THAT YOU ONLY GET WITH A PRE ORDER!
    3. OMG IM A TAUREN AND I DONT GET A FREE RACE CHANGE TO HIGH MOUNTAIN TAUREN!

I mean, what the actual f**k? Is 8 months really that long? Unsubscribe until it's released if you have run out of stuff to do. They give us the option to play allied races early, how is this a bad thing? And why would you get a free race change? That's never been a thing when they have introduced new races has it?
    3 things:

1. Millenials think it's funny and "baity" to complain about things to see if they can start an argument. There are people that have no personality or soul, they survive off memes as sustenance. AKA Trolls.

2. We live in an era where legal adults feel that if they cry loud enough, something will be done to fix their feelings. Kind of like toddlers when they're hungry.

3. You can't please everyone, even when the company is doing an amazing job providing content and information regarding future content.

The good news is, most of us rational people are happy with it and are enjoying the game. I'm personally thoroughly enjoying my Nightborne Priest leveling experience. Considering making a Lightforged Alliance character soon, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are complaining for a variety of reasons. Some had convinced themselves that we were going to see BfA much sooner that late summer so they're disappointed that their head date wasn't real. Others had convinced themselves that the faster patches were indicative of new processes (expect that the patches weren't faster, it was still 5 months from major patch to major patch (7.1 to 7.2 to 7.3). And some people just like to complain.

Those of us who've been around for a bit expected a roughly 24 month schedule. We're not surprised. But there's always a contingent that bleats about how THIS TIME it could be different despite all precedent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokonda View Post
    It really is for a paid MMORPG. As you said though, you can always unsub. However, taking into account the resources (both manpower and profits wise) that the IP wields I'd expect a separate (albeit smaller) team to develop continuous content between big patches on a monthly (or every other month) basis. I don't think that's unreasonable at all. Sort of like what they did with micro-holidays, I suppose.
    Is it though? I mean really? I cant think of any other successful paid MMO's so for me, the precedent has been set by Blizzard. I have been playing since WOTLK and by now I realise that after the final raid is released there will be a long period with no new content until the next expansion, it happens with every single expansion and people still expect something different. I honestly don't think more people would help, think about it, the team is split into 2, half on current expansion and half on the next and they still pump out a new expansion every 24 months (give or take a few months). Look at how long other developers take to release sequels, is 24 months really that long?

The problem for me is in the requirement besides the pay-wall. I originally purchased Legion to get my main to 110 and experience the core storyline, not to grind the same content over and over again - which is exactly what is required to gain exalted status with factions to play sub-races. I'm not attacking people who enjoy grinding, but it doesn't do it for me and sure as hell shouldn't be a requirement to enjoy any sort of BfA content (which we already pay for). If anything then stick to the requirement of completing a specific storyline relating to the respective faction you wish to play as.
    I don't get all this paywall talk, it's not a paywall, its expansion content and to access it you need to purchase the expansion. I agree that the grind does sadden me, I stopped playing a while back and my reps for the Void Elves and Lightforged are not even revered and that was a bit of a gut punch, but at the same time, it is a reward to the people that have played constantly because they are likely all exalted and I cant begrudge them that, they put in the effort, they get the reward.

I'm a medical doctor which means that spare time for me is almost non-existent. I don't want to spend what precious little spare time I have on grinding when instead I could be spending it on things I bought the game for -- to enjoy myself (which is the objective of any game, to enjoy yourself). And for me that entails leveling up a new race that I already paid for.
    I also have very little free time, granted yours is spent doing much more important work than me, I cant compete with a doctor lol, but if I want it that bad, I will grind out the reps and I know thats a cop out answer but that's not to say that I like it, just that I know complaining like a spoiled child on the internet is not going to change that (Not that you are complaining like a spoiled child, I think your points were calm and well though out which is a nice change) so whats the point, it is what is, I am a fan of Blizzard and much as I hate waiting for stuff I can and I have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Deleted
    But how do you expect them to make an expansion and keep new raids/dungeons/zones coming for this expansion?
    Same way they do it with Final Fantasy XIV where the gap between major content patches and the gap between the last content patch and the next expansion is the same 3 and a half month.