Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Zandalari Trolls have Scales, but all other trolls have fur?

As I was reading through lore threads about why the Jungle trolls are blue, I came across a very interesting post!

Quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    I've seen some dinosaurs ingame which could explain the coloration given if trolls actually evolved from dinosaurs.
    But apart from dinos nothing comes to mind in wow either.
    Link to the topic itself:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...le-Trolls-Blue

I have never given it any thought at all untile I read this, why does the Zandalari have Scales, while mostly all other trolls have fur? Forest trolls have moss if I remeber correctly, while Sand trolls doesn't have anything. Jungle trolls and Ice trolls does have this thin layer of fur.

It is because that they indeed evolved from Dinosaurs? It would make sense then due to the Zandalari do indeed have Scales. Or is it their loa gods have slowly changed them over the years to resamblance in their own image? Since most Loas to the Zandalari are Dinosaurs as I have understood it. But then this wouldn't make sense for the Forest trolls, since none of the Loa gods for the Forest trolls have moss. Or perhaps it is since they live so much at the sea they have evolved scales? Can't find a good explanation for this one.

Perhaps it will be told in BfA, regardless, I found it very interesting and wanted to hear your opinions, ideas, reasons of how it could be so and make a discussions about it.

The Zandalari scales, like the Highmountain Antlers all come down to which local native animal they're bangin'.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Zandalar Trolls don't have scales. Their growths bear a closer resemblance to fleshy life forms evolved from Elementals. In the more extreme examples, like Jin'rokh, those "scales" are clearly just horny growths.

Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    As I was reading through lore threads about why the Jungle trolls are blue, I came across a very interesting post!

Quote:

Link to the topic itself:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...le-Trolls-Blue

I have never given it any thought at all untile I read this, why does the Zandalari have Scales, while mostly all other trolls have fur? Forest trolls have moss if I remeber correctly, while Sand trolls doesn't have anything. Jungle trolls and Ice trolls does have this thin layer of fur.

It is because that they indeed evolved from Dinosaurs? It would make sense then due to the Zandalari do indeed have Scales. Or is it their loa gods have slowly changed them over the years to resamblance in their own image? Since most Loas to the Zandalari are Dinosaurs as I have understood it. But then this wouldn't make sense for the Forest trolls, since none of the Loa gods for the Forest trolls have moss. Or perhaps it is since they live so much at the sea they have evolved scales? Can't find a good explanation for this one.

Perhaps it will be told in BfA, regardless, I found it very interesting and wanted to hear your opinions, ideas, reasons of how it could be so and make a discussions about it.
    As far as I remember, trolls are a “branch” of elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    elves are a "branch" of trolls, dark trolls mutated by the well of eternity become the first night elves

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Other way around

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Wrong. Elves are a branch of trolls, a clear devolution.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Are you sure you remember your own name?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    elves are a "branch" of trolls, dark trolls mutated by the well of eternity become the first night elves
    The troll genome is very prone to mutations after all, we will get some spidertrolls on Zandalar as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    The Zandalari scales, like the Highmountain Antlers all come down to which local native animal they're bangin'.
    Omfg that killed me.

Are you even sure they're even scales? For all we know their skin could be like elephants or rhinos.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's one of the many troll lore mysteries that Blizzard never explained
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Uh I remembered the exact opposite , my bad indeed.

Zandalari have fur as well.

It's called "hair"

10+ Year Old Account
    Where has this idea they have scales even come from? Zandalari have fur with some stone growths on their bodies, no scales.
    Last edited by Kufell; 2018-02-01 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kufell View Post
    Where has this idea they have scales even come from? Zandalari have fur with some stone growths on their bodies, no scales.
    It's-... stone?

Well, they always lookt like scales to me, large jagged scales that is. And with the mention of that they could have evolved from dinosaurs, I thought they were scales. I have missed that completely. I feel really dumb now! xD

I aught to remake this thread(Or make a new one) and discuss about how come they have stone growths on their body insteed!
    I am so sorry that I have been ignorant! I shall study this more carefully next time!

10+ Year Old Account
    some have scales

some have fur

some have moss

the more you know.

Also, something most didn't know until the model updates, trolls having an ankle-nail.

And since elves are descended from trolls, now you can't help but imagine Tyrande with an ankle nail.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The troll genome is very prone to mutations after all, we will get some spidertrolls on Zandalar as well.
    Are they proto-driders then ?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    There clearly decedents of the great troll king.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It's-... stone?

Well, they always lookt like scales to me, large jagged scales that is. And with the mention of that they could have evolved from dinosaurs, I thought they were scales. I have missed that completely. I feel really dumb now! xD

I aught to remake this thread(Or make a new one) and discuss about how come they have stone growths on their body insteed!
    I am so sorry that I have been ignorant! I shall study this more carefully next time!
    Trolls, like much of Azeroth's indigenous and organic life (e.g. life that didn't arise from extraterrestrial origins like Vrykul, Dwarves, Humans, Orcs, etc.), are likely to actually be lesser Elementals who assumed organic forms over time. Zandalari Trolls being closer to the Troll ideal may still have aspects of their original nature as Elementals - in this case possibly Earth Elementals. The other tribes who distanced themselves from Zandalar have "degenerated" somewhat, at least according to the Zandalari, but its more likely they simply adapted to better fit into their new environs.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead