5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Most people play only one faction. It's the hardcore minority that has time for multiple alts on both factions.
    Most people focus on one faction. They also usually have one or two alts on the other side. Assuming they don't swap sides during an expansion thanks to family or friends yanking them hither and thon.

Most players who hang out on this forum, or the Official Forums, play only one faction 'cause they're super duper invested in the game and that investment is -why- they post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemondish View Post
    Plus, not all raids have to be 'core endgame content'.
    Also worth noting, thank you!
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2018-02-01 at 06:35 PM.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Is anyone else familiar with the tactic Blizzard uses to combat other gaming companies game/expansion/patch releases? For example during Overwatch coming around, they put out multiple free weekends at the same times as things that Battleborn did to try and keep attention to OW.

I've a feeling the only reason we got pre-purchase and the 4 Allied Races was because this time, Blizzard felt they had to put out something to combat FinalFantasyXIV's latest large patch 4.2 that came out at 29/1/18, thus leading to a untested release of the allied races. Sure the 3 of them seem to be working fine but I think the rushing can be seen on the Nightborne for broken animations and missing features.

Of course it could be so too that with Allied Race tag put on any future playable race, they'll be doomed to this state of cheaping out with models/animations as Blizz wants to take that route with them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvira View Post
    I've a feeling the only reason we got pre-purchase and the 4 Allied Races was because this time, Blizzard felt they had to put out something to combat FinalFantasyXIV's latest large patch 4.2 that came out at 29/1/18, thus leading to a untested release of the allied races.
    Oh, really?

This is unheard of.
    Nah for real, Blizzard has always done this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Oh, really?

This is unheard of.
    Nah for real, Blizzard has always done this.
    They have yeah but I felt the need to name what it was this time incase there were people that didn't know of FfXIV's latest patch.

I think it would be neat if they had a somewhat dynamic login screen. Like it pans over a battlefield where horde and alliance are fighting (really animated fighting) and then kinda freeze frames mid combat.

It's a bit harder for them to just pick one landscape item or zone feature since there are two separate areas. If they really are going to have just one warfront, a scene from it might work. They'll figure it out I'm sure.
    Last edited by Camthur; 2018-02-01 at 08:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    I think it would be neat if they had a somewhat dynamic login screen. Like it pans over a battlefield where horde and alliance are fighting (really animated fighting) and then kinda freeze frames mid combat.

It's a bit harder for them to just pick one landscape item or zone feature since there are two separate areas. If they really are going to have just one warfront, a scene from it might work. They'll figure it out I'm sure.
    Another one they could do is both factions battleships on the sea attacking each other or just aiming at each other.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They have yeah but I felt the need to name what it was this time incase there were people that didn't know of FfXIV's latest patch.
    Whilst I suspect Blizzard probably do consult their calendar to see which other MMO patch they can disrupt.. I doubt they thought "Oh god, FFXIV, we better release some sub races". I believe it was always their plan to do that as a cover over until BFA. The "drought" has always been a problem for them. Level scaling and new races helps with that somewhat. And we'll get more BFA related content between now and 8.0 too I expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    That would be huge amount of effort compared to the previous screens that mostly just a static image with some effects on top of it.

My ideal loading screen I think would be a constantly changing one between the end of the battle of Lordaeron (put torn flags, broken walls and a dark sky) and the charred remains of Teldrassil.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of Teldrassil, when does that get added to the game? Thought prepatch was the Battle for Lordaeron as the start of pre-patch which means Teldrassil is already burnt to a crisp.

Is anyone else familiar with the tactic Blizzard uses to combat other gaming companies game/expansion/patch releases? For example during Overwatch coming around, they put out multiple free weekends at the same times as things that Battleborn did to try and keep attention to OW.

I've a feeling the only reason we got pre-purchase and the 4 Allied Races was because this time, Blizzard felt they had to put out something to combat FinalFantasyXIV's latest large patch 4.2 that came out at 29/1/18, thus leading to a untested release of the allied races. Sure the 3 of them seem to be working fine but I think the rushing can be seen on the Nightborne for broken animations and missing features.

Of course it could be so too that with Allied Race tag put on any future playable race, they'll be doomed to this state of cheaping out with models/animations as Blizz wants to take that route with them.
    All game companies release things at the end of a quarter to make their quarterly report look better.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've been insanely quiet about the Teldrassil stuff so it's probably a twist or some shit, also I doubt it will be done in game, which would be bullshit but it's what I expect.

Counting the hours for Alpha to officially start while levling my Nightborne on the other monitor....any minute now. Should be soon since they pushed that build to be public last week for *some* reason.

I wonder if it’ll even appear in alpha/beta ever?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I wonder if it’ll even appear in alpha/beta ever?
    Login screen? For Legion it appeared later in the beta.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    They've been insanely quiet about the Teldrassil stuff so it's probably a twist or some shit, also I doubt it will be done in game, which would be bullshit but it's what I expect.

Counting the hours for Alpha to officially start while levling my Nightborne on the other monitor....any minute now. Should be soon since they pushed that build to be public last week for *some* reason.
    Well there's a book coming out. Wanna bet the bruning down happens there? And then 8.0 rolls to live servers with Teldrassil gone.

7+ Year Old Account
    At what point do they usually add the current expansion to the battle chest?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I think once the new one formally releases?

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post

Alpha isn't up yet and you jump to the conclusion "teldrassil event won't appear in game"

what

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well there's a book coming out. Wanna bet the bruning down happens there? And then 8.0 rolls to live servers with Teldrassil gone.
    I hope not, I really do. I mean, I like the books and read almost all of them, same with the short stories an such, but I keep thinking so many things could be represented in the game, as actual story content even if it's just a small questline. Even if it's just something like... I don't know, a messenger quest, where you get called somewhere and they tell you 'Uhm, shit went down here, can you tell <whoever> that we might be having a problem soon?' and then a small dialogue checkbox where you get a little story, like they did on the Vindicaar. That can't be too much to ask.
    They were very good with this a the beginning of Legion, there were some nice details in comments from NPCs and those things. I almost forgave them for not representing an actual Legion threat in the world (not even... patches of green fel-mud where the freaking ships had landed!) but they forgot about it again afterwards.
    Maybe at least this time they show something, anything in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    When X.0 patch goes to live.

Daaam, no alpha this week either? :/
    Crimea is Ukraine!