Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I dont see why anyone would want old runes back....Old presences? Sure, DK prob has the worst defensives in the game, Our warrior (who is pretty inept) dies far less than me to passive damage/AoE healing phases, AMS 90% of the time needs to be saved to immune something or clear something so its not really even a defensive this tier in pve, its a straight dps cooldown. IBF is the largest pieces of trash CD in the game, and should be 1min CD in pve. Having blood presence back would change this alot.

Old runes though? No reason.

Deleted
    I speak as a pvper who mostly played in wotlk and cata and had no problems with old dk system. U swapped to blood presence whenever u were in trouble or unholy to be offensive. Old rune managment was just a fun thing for me and i miss it. I dont know abot pve but if possibly i wanna see them back in PVP since legion arena was a complete garbage disaster where even if u backpedal it doesnt matter. No offense tho ,but i would like to use my brain and be rewarded, i dont think i ask for too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Old rune system with the old presences is too complicated for the current WoW, they wont bring that back. All i can see is them making the current rune system even easier.

sarcasm but its true sadly
    I'm sorry yo, but DK was way easier back in the day, presence was a no brainer and were only changed if you wanted to be fancy, and gameplay wise, oh boy! Remember old frost HB FS really complex, and old unholy? not much different.

15+ Year Old Account
    If the new presences come back, my idea for them was make them all a form of survivability that way each spec can benefit from them if they decide to double dip, but design them in a way that doesn't make DPS too tanky.

Unholy presence: Movement speed
    Frost presence: Avoidance
    Blood presence: Leech

Now you have an option for every type of situation. Need some self sustain, just go Blood presence. Need to reduce the raid wide burst coming, hit Frost presence. Need help just not standing in bad? Go Unholy.
    I think it's pretty elegant.

No, current rune system was one of the good rewords from legion.

Presences would act like warrior stances, could work but we will simply stick to one for DPS and stance dance for a defensive boost. If that were to happen, I'd forsee Icebound getting nixed.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Old rune system with the old presences is too complicated for the current WoW, they wont bring that back. All i can see is them making the current rune system even easier.

sarcasm but its true sadly

Did you actually play WOTLK? Runes were never complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Alidfe View Post
    Did you actually play WOTLK? Runes were never complicated.
    I'm pretty sure if I could play DK on a decent level and do casual raiding when I was 10-12 years old, most people should be able to do it, considering I think I was pretty fucking shit at the game back then compared to now... (I mostly did ICC normal and some ICC heroic, VoA). It really wasn't hard at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    please never bring back the wotlk rune system, geez that was such a mind numbing experience

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    If the new presences come back, my idea for them was make them all a form of survivability that way each spec can benefit from them if they decide to double dip, but design them in a way that doesn't make DPS too tanky.

Unholy presence: Movement speed
    Frost presence: Avoidance
    Blood presence: Leech

Now you have an option for every type of situation. Need some self sustain, just go Blood presence. Need to reduce the raid wide burst coming, hit Frost presence. Need help just not standing in bad? Go Unholy.
    I think it's pretty elegant.
    i like that, would give some nice versatility to the class
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

While the current Rune system does demand less decision making to line up future resources, neither was it okay to leave it where it was. Before, you could sit there sometimes with resources and very well have nothing useful you could do with them. Arguably, this was more an indication of a needed ability to fill these gaps rather than a change to the system as a whole. I find myself not enjoying Talents right now as a DK, more than anything.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The old runes were terrible lol.

First time through the rotation you used shitty abilities to convert them to runes that you actually wanted. Second time through the rotation you actually used the abilities you wanted to use. Obviously this just repeated each time through your rotation. WoTLK DPS wasn't random and was an exact rotation, the shear fact that there was large deviations in peoples DPS for DPS DKs in WoTLk is a testament to how bad people are at following directions (or a rotation). The rune system was only slightly more complicated in PvP I guess, but not really. Same concept though. Use shitty abilities to convert your runes to abilities you want to use, then wait.

Presences I actually liked, both in PvP and PvE. It wasn't super complicated, but gave you a "light" version of what it's like to be a druid. Sit in your highest DPS stance, swap to the defensive stance for DR (or if you're being focused in PvP), and swap to unholy presence for movement speed. Obviously a bit different in PvP because unholy presence also gave you a faster GCD (so it was naturally the presence you sat in, unless being focused). PvP was mainly sit in unholy, and when you were swapped on you sat in blood. Pretty simple, but a lot of DKs either sat in one or the other.

Druids play like this right now, and you can tell which druids have extra chromosomes by whether they actually use bear form or not in raids/dungeons. Good DKs/Warriors (in the eras we had stances/presences) did the same thing. I personally like this little micromanagement because there is some thought that goes into it. I'm also a big fan of being able to save yourself, and timing defensive options (especially for DPS classes) on the fly. Lots of classes have shit defensive options and no way to save themselves outside of a 2 to 3 min CD. Meanwhile rogues can spam feint, and druids can hop into bear form for tank effective health whenever they want. A hunter for example presses aspect of the turtle and prays their asshole doesn't get pushed in for the next 3 minutes.

15+ Year Old Account
    old presences back pls
    old rune system can stay dead
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Can they at least update the UI to look like runes? Maybe something like Holy Power instead of six skulls?