Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Actually, 12 months is about the same.

- - - Updated - - -

There are like 2 quests that takes you 5 min to do and no, the races are not part of Legion.
    Many of us won't be able to play with thoes untill the boxes get here a few days befor BfA releases and it's not like new races offer any actual content. It's either do the same quests you've done the lats 8+ years or buy a race change. Thats hardly new content even if the were part of Legion (again, they aren't).
    Even if you don’t count the new races legion has facially had more content then any other expan post last raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Same way they do it with Final Fantasy XIV where the gap between major content patches and the gap between the last content patch and the next expansion is the same 3 and a half month.
    So what does final fantasy do? Do raid Teirs only last 3 months?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Same way they do it with Final Fantasy XIV where the gap between major content patches and the gap between the last content patch and the next expansion is the same 3 and a half month.
    Never played Final Fantasy XIV so I cant comment on it, but Blizzard gain nothing from unnecessarily delaying expansions. They are known for releasing content at their own pace or "soon™" and there is no disputing that they produce high quality games and content and though all the people complaining will probably say they don't, most of them are paying a subscription for wow, so if it's not quality, why are they paying? I would rather have an extended patch at the end of an expansion to get a decent start for the next, and sure Blizzard do occasionally drop the ball (WoD) but there aren't many if any game developers that don't make mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    3 things:

1. Millenials think it's funny and "baity" to complain about things to see if they can start an argument. There are people that have no personality or soul, they survive off memes as sustenance. AKA Trolls.

2. We live in an era where legal adults feel that if they cry loud enough, something will be done to fix their feelings. Kind of like toddlers when they're hungry.

3. You can't please everyone, even when the company is doing an amazing job providing content and information regarding future content.

The good news is, most of us rational people are happy with it and are enjoying the game. I'm personally thoroughly enjoying my Nightborne Priest leveling experience. Considering making a Lightforged Alliance character soon, too.
    Do you really think the only people who complain online are millenials?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Do you really think the only people who complain online are millenials?
    Did I say that? I don't see where I typed those exact words.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Did I say that? I don't see where I typed those exact words.
    You singled out millenials then said “legal adults feel that if they cry Loud enough” which seems to also point to millennials which is why I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You singled out millenials then said “legal adults feel that if they cry Loud enough” which seems to also point to millennials which is why I asked.
    You're attempting to read between the lines. I meant exactly what I said.

Just stop.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-02-01 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    Is it though? I mean really? I cant think of any other successful paid MMO's so for me, the precedent has been set by Blizzard. I have been playing since WOTLK and by now I realise that after the final raid is released there will be a long period with no new content until the next expansion, it happens with every single expansion and people still expect something different. I honestly don't think more people would help, think about it, the team is split into 2, half on current expansion and half on the next and they still pump out a new expansion every 24 months (give or take a few months). Look at how long other developers take to release sequels, is 24 months really that long?

I don't get all this paywall talk, it's not a paywall, its expansion content and to access it you need to purchase the expansion. I agree that the grind does sadden me, I stopped playing a while back and my reps for the Void Elves and Lightforged are not even revered and that was a bit of a gut punch, but at the same time, it is a reward to the people that have played constantly because they are likely all exalted and I cant begrudge them that, they put in the effort, they get the reward.

I also have very little free time, granted yours is spent doing much more important work than me, I cant compete with a doctor lol, but if I want it that bad, I will grind out the reps and I know thats a cop out answer but that's not to say that I like it, just that I know complaining like a spoiled child on the internet is not going to change that (Not that you are complaining like a spoiled child, I think your points were calm and well though out which is a nice change) so whats the point, it is what is, I am a fan of Blizzard and much as I hate waiting for stuff I can and I have to.
    You sure do seem like a true Blizzard fan. Me, I'm more than happy to complain. I don't think locking things like large features of an expansion behind rep is in any way acceptable. Then again I don't think locking a bunch of my profession recipes behind multiple rep time-gates (they're gates because I can't throw on a tabard or something and run dungeons to generate rep) is okay to do either.

We get it, Blizzard wants to reward people who have the free time to spend doing all this stuff. What they're really telling us is that for those of us who don't (like the doctor) that this game isn't really for us anymore. We can still play it, of course - they're not going to refuse our money! But to get the most of out it these days you must really spend lots and lots of time. If you don't have the time, someone like yourself will be along to tell us (nicely, granted) that we don't really deserve those things anyway. Yes, the game has always been like this to an extent but patch over patch it has gotten worse.

I will admit that world quests are a big step up from dailies. Professions shouldn't be spread all over the damned place behind rep gates though, and neither should allied races. Toys and mounts are tolerable, but I'll still think ill of whatever Program Manager came up with it.
    Free to play games explained: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4VRbsjZrQ

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    We get it, Blizzard wants to reward people who have the free time to spend doing all this stuff. What they're really telling us is that for those of us who don't (like the doctor) that this game isn't really for us anymore. We can still play it, of course - they're not going to refuse our money! But to get the most of out it these days you must really spend lots and lots of time. If you don't have the time, someone like yourself will be along to tell us (nicely, granted) that we don't really deserve those things anyway. Yes, the game has always been like this to an extent but patch over patch it has gotten worse.

I agree with your point, although it follows that naturally the more work (i.e. time) you invest in any game the bigger/better the outcome/reward. The key in all this is striking a balance in things (weighing what trials/objectives you ask of players against what you end up gaining that others don't). While world quests may be more tolerable than dailies it is still a repetitive grind at the end of the day quickly offering little to no variation.

To demand such an undertaking from players who pre-order BfA in part because they want to enjoy a fresh start with a cool new race (and not necessarily grind excessively beforehand) is in my opinion erroneous of Blizzard - again my main gripe is that allied races are a feature of the new expansion and not of Legion, so it shouldn't be tied to any large requirements from there. It exists as a time-sink for extra subscription time, the way I see it (or to serve as "a sense of pride and accomplishment", perhaps?)
    I know I am but a fish in the ocean but I'm glad to see others sharing my view.
    Last edited by Nokonda; 2018-02-01 at 10:11 PM.
    “Whatever malice you carry I can match with seething fury.” ─ Nokonda
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

To me the problem with arguing against requiring Legion reps for the first 4 allied races is this:

It’s essentially an academic question since for most (at least the people in most threads, idk the overall Numbers), it’s either buy BFA and continue to play wow or unsub. Playing WoW without getting the new xpac is just not an option.

Just look at this thread, it’s about concerns over a content drought which everyone knows ends only with the new xpac. Which means people intend on buying it if it looks good.

So I just don’t see how in the case of WoW, this matters in practical terms. If you’re playing WoW after September 21, you’re going to have BFA.

I'm actually hoping they release it on September 21st for two reasons: 1) It's a Friday which means I don't have to use up more than one paid vacation day and 2) More time for them to get it ready for release. I can understand people complaining about content drought since Antorus would have been out for about 10 months come September 2018. However, if that's their only complaint then they should find something else to do and not ruin it for others. People complaining about Allied Races and how it's linked to the pre-order need to think about it from a timeline perspective. We've defeated the Burning Legion so now we're to recruit allies which is for Battle for Azeroth, not Legion. At least that's my two cents, I always try to look at things from both sides.

Those complaining about the drought forget that they do not represent all players.
    There are gong to be players both who are lacking appealing content, and those who won't see all that an expansion has to offer during its time.
    It won't suit everyone, and they should be grateful they are in the enviable position to experience more of what many of us do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Which is why its baffling that they failed. Again.
    Hmm...even though I'm one of the harshest critics of Blizzard and Legion, I'd be hard-pressed to call this expansion a failure. They had a pretty consistent schedule of content releases throughout the entire lifespan of it so far.

I guess my question would have to be: "How do we know they aren't going to release any more content between now and BfA launch?" Did they make an announcement about it that I missed?

But how do you expect them to make an expansion and keep new raids/dungeons/zones coming for this expansion?
    FFXIV has been doing it for both their expansions.

No content drought, time between last patch of base game/first expansion and release of the first/second expansion: a little less than 4 months.

That's with a smaller team and way fewer resources than Blizzard.

So, yeah... 10ish months of no content (and no, new races and new leveling system aren't content) sucks.
    Last edited by Azmoden; 2018-02-02 at 12:24 AM.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Because you are impatient? That's not how business works.
    You realize WoW is the only mainstream MMO that goes 9 months without adding content right? Not even Runescape goes 9 months without adding something.

People are tired of content drought's and understandably so. Hell Final Fantasy XIV had a content patch 3 month's for its expansion's release.

IMO Blizzard did really well with keeping content rolling out in Legion but the 9 month drought between now and BFA is a joke. Even more so when EVERY EXPANSION they say there will not be a content drought.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    You sure do seem like a true Blizzard fan. Me, I'm more than happy to complain. I don't think locking things like large features of an expansion behind rep is in any way acceptable. Then again I don't think locking a bunch of my profession recipes behind multiple rep time-gates (they're gates because I can't throw on a tabard or something and run dungeons to generate rep) is okay to do either.

I will admit that world quests are a big step up from dailies. Professions shouldn't be spread all over the damned place behind rep gates though, and neither should allied races. Toys and mounts are tolerable, but I'll still think ill of whatever Program Manager came up with it.
    Are you seriously trying to fucking imply the rep for things like allied races takes a lot of time? Fucking lol.

i love how people are calling a new BG, allied races leveling and silithus quests/ prepatch content to last though the drought..lol

a new bg will be fun for the first 30 minutes, then you've seen it.

Allied races are not content. Leveling them is not new content. Doing the same thing (leveling) that you've done 100 times but with a new skinned character is not content.

Silithus quests? We will be lucky if they're 2-3 hours long in total, lol.

Prepatch will come literally 1 month before the expansion launch and i dont know why people say it will help with the drought. Thats like saying BFA will help with the drought.

That being said, I dont really care for the drought. As soon as I get my highmountain tauren to cap I'll go play FFXIV.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    i love how people are calling a new BG, allied races leveling and silithus quests/ prepatch content to last though the drought..lol

a new bg will be fun for the first 30 minutes, then you've seen it.

Allied races are not content. Leveling them is not new content. Doing the same thing (leveling) that you've done 100 times but with a new skinned character is not content.

Silithus quests? We will be lucky if they're 2-3 hours long in total, lol.

Prepatch will come literally 1 month before the expansion launch and i dont know why people say it will help with the drought. Thats like saying BFA will help with the drought.

That being said, I dont really care for the drought. As soon as I get my highmountain tauren to cap I'll go play FFXIV.
    Allied races are listed as a feature for BFA. They are a selling point for the expansion. They are content.

Go to FFXIV. No one wants you on WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Allied races are listed as a feature for BFA. They are a selling point for the expansion. They are content.

No one wants you on WoW either to be fair.

How are they content? Aside from their unlock quests? Do you do anything different while leveling with them? Do you see anything different during leveling that you do not see with the old races?

New races is NOT content. They're just a new way for you to do actual content.
    Last edited by Azmoden; 2018-02-02 at 12:51 AM.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".