Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd take any reason that allows me to get the Shadowmourne soul effect,and the black appearance it gives us when the souls explode too (though the awesome looking swirling souls are a priority)
    Last edited by ONCHEhap; 2018-01-30 at 03:37 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Would xmog 2h -> dw be enough?
    For me yes but others would still moan and complain.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Deleted
    In order for me to continue with DK in BfA, mobility simply must be addressed. While a cool idea in theory, the class fantasy did not work. We are slower because we are supposed to hit harder when we get there, yet mobile specs such as Fury and Windwalker are just as good, if not better in a wide range of areas.

We need base speed increased. Wraith Walk needs changes. It should definitely not be a channel, and if we are stuck with it, it should have two charges by default.

Sindragosa's Fury needs to stay.

Frostscythe baseline would be good, but certainly isn't a dealbreaker. Army of the Dead for all specs would be tons of fun.

We definitely do not need to move back to having different rune types, no way.

10+ Year Old Account
    2nd UPDATE!!

Frost Mastery increases Crit Obli dmg instead of flat Frost dmg
    • I do not find mastery on my DK exciting by any means. Flat % increase, so boring. Both my crit/haste give my more KM procs, since it is so much of the center of the build, I would like to see mastery strengthening this relationship even further by giving us bigger crit numbers on Obliterate. This will automatically fix obliterate's fall off as the expansion proceeds and make frost more "hit big" which i believe is it's identity.

Unholy mastery increases Disease Dmg
    • Diseases are the trademark of the UH yet they don't feel impactful at all. This and more talents like Epidemic will certainly add a sweet depth to UH that currently lacks.

Unstoppable abomination!
    • DKs should be immobile/yet unstoppable. I had no instance in legion where my "low" mobility was an issue, apart from whoring my damage with BoS which I shouldn't be doing in the first place. I would like to keep Ice in your Veins from Frost Artifact as baseline for all specs and make each rune spent reduce the CD of Icebound Fortitude with no speed boosting ability but %10 faster base movement speed. I think it will work great!

New voices
    • Oh man this has been a major downside for me for a long time. Our voice pales before Mograine/Thassarian.. It shouldn't take that much of development resources to produce such deserved thing

Horn of Winter rework, updated animation/sound
    • This ability fits better as a group CD rather than a simple Rune/RP gain. How about giving permafrost(talent) to the party just like Consumption's Leech for 20 seconds, 1-2 minute cd as baseline for all specs? Also, I WANT THAT HORN LOOK/SOUND TO BE EPIC!!

Sindragosa's Fury to have Arthas' kneel animation from WOTLK trailer/HOTS ultimate
    • No explanations required, just give me. Make me channel for 1.5 sec and immune to cc while channeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    i want wraith walk to make us more shadowy like, well, wraiths

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    i want wraith walk to make us more shadowy like, well, wraiths

That is cool but I believe something better can be made with preservation of the character's image.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nathrizarri View Post
    That is cool but I believe something better can be made with preservation of the character's image.
    Well yes, i dont wanna look like a literal wraith, but i would like to become like dark/smokey during wraith walk. Reaper from overwatch is a perfect example.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by nathrizarri View Post

Unholy mastery increases Disease Dmg
    • Diseases are the trademark of the UH yet they don't feel impactful at all. This and more talents like Epidemic will certainly add a sweet depth to UH that currently lacks.
    Wasn't that the mastery in Cata and it was crap?
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spamor View Post
    Wasn't that the mastery in Cata and it was crap?
    I believe number adjustment can be made to make it effective. It also needs some talent to pump up it's value

For Unholy

- Remove the RNG part from Festering Strike
    - Change wounds mechanic. Instead of stacking wounds on the target, let them stack on the player instead. That will help a lot with target swapping.

General

- Bring back the old Death's Advance... 10% passive movement increase and 30% when used. Cannot be slowed bellow 70%.
    Last edited by Adlian; 2018-02-10 at 02:27 PM.

Deleted
    ''Obliterate now deals Frost damage''

kthxbai

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    ''Obliterate now deals Frost damage''

kthxbai
    I think mastery scaling/obli fall off issue can be solved with a better/different mastery. Obli dealing physical dmg should be fine for the most part. I would like to see bigger KM numbers and impact so i lean towards a new mastery that increases Obliterate Critical DMG when used with KM

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    For Unholy

- Remove the RNG part from Festering Strike
    - Change wounds mechanic. Instead of stacking wounds on the target, let them stack on the player instead. That will help a lot with target swapping.
    i can't stop laughing. It's not Combo points you know? it have name "WOUND". or you want to strike YOURSELF to burst wounds and shower everyone around with slime? (sounds coold, but what the point of wearing plate and being "humanoid" then?)

Deleted
    Remove the abomination pet.. tired of beeing forced to play with that, because its a dps increase :/

BRING OLD GHOUL BACK

Deleted
    I don't mind the low mobility of the Death Knight, I think it's quite fitting, actually. But then I want a passive to prevent being rooted / slowed below x% movement speed, to really give that feel of being impossible to stop. If Druids can have Shapeshift break roots and slows, why can't we have this?

I absolutely love festering wounds. I really like the suggestion of having them stack on your weapon/character instead of the target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drayiicha View Post
    In order for me to continue with DK in BfA, mobility simply must be addressed. While a cool idea in theory, the class fantasy did not work. We are slower because we are supposed to hit harder when we get there, yet mobile specs such as Fury and Windwalker are just as good, if not better in a wide range of areas.

We need base speed increased. Wraith Walk needs changes. It should definitely not be a channel, and if we are stuck with it, it should have two charges by default.

Sindragosa's Fury needs to stay.

Frostscythe baseline would be good, but certainly isn't a dealbreaker. Army of the Dead for all specs would be tons of fun.

We definitely do not need to move back to having different rune types, no way.
    It's weird how controversial this is. Without bear tartare and legendary boots, it's unbearable to play outside of a raid.

You're absolutely right, if other classes do more damage with greater mobility, do needs to move faster. The argument that grip fills this gap isn't valid in many cases. Mobs that are immune make it meaningless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sulika View Post
    I think you are a bit off on the Unholy changes. It is one of the most fun, rewarding, in-depth specs to play in the game right now, it really doesn't need much changing. If I had to make some wishes for Unholy:

1. Keep all the things that let an Unholy DK summon extra ghouls.

Basically keep Apocalypse as an Unholy DK ability and take the T20 4-piece set bonus and bake it into the spec. Those two basically come down to Unholy feeling like a much better spec when you have all those ghouls running around smacking stuff. I suspect the first will happen, the latter won't because they probably won't want to break an old set. I suspect if they just replaced the T20 4-piece with a boring placeholder instead (Your ghouls do 5% more damage) or something like that not a single Unholy DK would complain.

2. Revamp Unholy AoE and disease spreading.

Unholy AoE has a bunch of clunky stuff going on. It is tied to a fixed spot which doesn't really work all that well with any sort of movement, it has a cludgy ramp up that you can work around but the workarounds aren't that great. You have to spend two runes (and two GCDs) on Outbreak then Death and Decay to get the AoE rolling, yes you can work around add spawn timers to get those cast just before the adds appear but often you then end up with a single rune left for one scourge strike and the adds are all dead or moved on before you have more not to mention that having to waste 1.5 seconds of your 10 second AoE ability by pre-casting it never feels satisfying. You can work with it but to me at least it always felt more annoying than fun. There is also the issue that Death and Decay feels like a signature Blood DK ability and, while it doesn't feel misplaced as part of the Unholy arsenal, it would probably be nice to just let Blood have that ability as its own.

To improve the situation I would replace Death and Decay with the old Unholy Blight for Unholy DKs. Unholy Blight was a cloud of flies AoE effect that moved with the DK and spread diseases to everyone it hit (not too unlike Remoreseless Winter but it spread diseases too). Outbreak could then lose its Outbreak effect that constantly spreads diseases and become just a single target ability to spread Virulent Plague at range and pull single mobs. So the AoE becomes a single rune, moves with the DK and spreads diseases as it goes, the cleave effect on scourge strike they could just move over to cleave enemies inside Unholy Blight.

3. Just a tiny nudge of extra mobility.

I'm ok with DKs having lower mobility, some class has to I guess. Just needs a little nudge and that would be it. I would say two things, make it so Wraith Walk doesn't cancel when you damage a mob (if they are worried about the PvP implications of that then let it still cancel when you hit another player) and bring back the old Unholy Presence move speed buff as a passive movement speed increase when out of combat so that it is a little less painful to keep up in instances.

That's basically all I would change, make AoE a little more reliable and thematic, keep the ghoul spam and a tiny nudge of extra mobility, other than that Unholy is a great place and really doesn't need many changes. I certainly wouldn't be looking to simplify the spec, it just plays so well as it is, juggling runic power, runes and wound stacks is just a very fun and involving way to play.
    I love everything about this post. If they implemented these it would be amazing. I also think that festering wounds should apply to our weapon/character so that target switching is easier.

It's not fun to build up for apocalypse just to have a ww blow up your target and lose your wounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just give us more mobility please. It's the main reason why I won't continue raiding as DK in BfA. The mobility of an Unholy DK paired with the rampup time of the damage just sucks. At least our Wrath Walk should not break while dealing damage ....

It seems like a majority of people are focusing on mobility as something they want to see addressed....so therefor it won't get touched and they will say w/e you have death grip you're fine.

I stopped playing my DK now because I'm so tired of the shit mobility...after playing my shaman(who doesn't have amazing mobility but certainly miles ahead of DKs) again I just can't play my DK....I'm so tired of the slog feeling of movement...I would have zero problem with our mobility if a lot of fights didn't require a lot of movement. Sadly that isn't the case. It's bad enough that during NH, we had to ignore mechanics as much as possible unless forced on us....that's a complete shit way to play. I honestly don't even care about anything in BFA aside from mobility now. If they do not address it I'm done playing DK until it's fixed cause this isn't fun.

more mobility! ty

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't wanna be the one to bring you the news but if not being able to jump around is so important to you that you cannot even stand to play the character, DK is certainly not your cup of tea.

I had a lot of positive thoughts about creating this thread but I guess i have forgotten what kind of people swarm these forums with their obsessions.

DK mobility is fine. Wraith Walk serves enough. IF frost is immobile there is UH with 30 sec cd.

Why would you want to have more mobility? To be able to DPS the target for 1-2 seconds more?

Inexorable Assault can be baseline for all DKs which is more of a fitting approach rather than tossing more mobility to us.

Slow movement is a challenge for DK and seperates good Dks from bad and I like it that way. Anticipating a boss mechanic and positioning myself towards that direction is the key. Never have I encountered issues with mobility untill i stopped mythic raiding, are you sure we are talking about the same class here?

Quote Originally Posted by Piesor View Post
    Just give us more mobility please. It's the main reason why I won't continue raiding as DK in BfA. The mobility of an Unholy DK paired with the rampup time of the damage just sucks. At least our Wrath Walk should not break while dealing damage ....
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    It seems like a majority of people are focusing on mobility as something they want to see addressed....so therefor it won't get touched and they will say w/e you have death grip you're fine.

I stopped playing my DK now because I'm so tired of the shit mobility...after playing my shaman(who doesn't have amazing mobility but certainly miles ahead of DKs) again I just can't play my DK....I'm so tired of the slog feeling of movement...I would have zero problem with our mobility if a lot of fights didn't require a lot of movement. Sadly that isn't the case. It's bad enough that during NH, we had to ignore mechanics as much as possible unless forced on us....that's a complete shit way to play. I honestly don't even care about anything in BFA aside from mobility now. If they do not address it I'm done playing DK until it's fixed cause this isn't fun.