Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I don't know where this idea that we're so into white guys even comes from. Speaking as someone who is from SK, our parents actively discourage us from dating people that are not koreans.

Forbidden fruit makes it even better.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    If you're having to rely on your novelty as a foreigner rather than being able to attract people based on your personality, I daresay you have a more personal problem.
    Well, that'd depend on your goal. It's okay for adults to just want some sexual contact now and then. God knows that if you'd actually have to go through the works or who likes who and personality compatibility every time you want a piece of ass, it'd take forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Forbidden fruit makes it even better.
    Not worth the ensuing drama if your parents disapprove of your choice of partner.

Deleted
    Not worth the ensuing drama if your parents disapprove of your choice of partner.
    Do parents actually have that much of a say?

they want their bloodline continued and grandchildren that look like them.
    as any sane person would

Deleted
    In poorer countries we are the next best thing after native guys. Aside from that i guess some asians want their kids to be tall with white skin, round eyes, pronounced nose ridge ad such as that is deemed attractive in some parts of south east Asia.

I personally find Japanese girls to be tricky, Chinese rather easy and Thai and Filipino super easy to date. I'm talking about dating them in their own countries though. Never met any native Korean girls. Went to an all Indian nightclub in Thailand a few times when i lived there but found it hard to pick up ladies but i think it was mostly due to me and my mate not really knowing the social rules. I've been to Goa too but at that time i wasn't interested in non western girls.

I suppose if you are attractive in your home country you are attractive everywhere.

just do what we do in america, say to hell with them and do what makes you happy. if they can't love and support you unconditionally, that's their issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    as any sane person would
    that sounds like the thought process of a selfish ass that only had kids for vanity.

children aren't a puppy dog to grow up and do as you see fit and then breed for you.

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Do parents actually have that much of a say?
    If you want to keep a good relationship with your family, yes. Only way I could ever introduce a white guy to my parents would be if he has a decent paying job or decent education that will get him a decent paying job, average white guy though? No, they would never approve of it. I'd have to make a choice between my family or them in that case and I'll choose my family.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    just do what we do in america, say to hell with them and do what makes you happy. if they can't love and support you unconditionally, that's their issue.
    While you might not care about your family, I certainly do.

Deleted
    If you want to keep a good relationship with your family, yes. Only way I could ever introduce a white guy to my parents would be if he has a decent paying job or decent education that will get him a decent paying job, average white guy though? No, they would never approve of it. I'd have to make a choice between my family or them in that case and I'll choose my family.
    So they are racist then?

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    So they are racist then?
    Basically, yes.
    Hitler once thought in clean race ideas too.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

While you might not care about your family, I certainly do.
    you may care about them, but they should care enough about you to accept your choices.

so clearly, they don't actually care about you. it's really fucked up.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did not think threads about races were allowed?

I don't know where this idea that we're so into white guys even comes from. Speaking as someone who is from SK, our parents actively discourage us from dating people that are not koreans.
    well you kinda answered exactly what OP what asking.

The rebelling kind of attitude when it comes to relationships.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    as any sane person would
    Oh that's just adorable, we have reached the point where we are equating being racist with sanity lol. This might shock you but not everyone is stuck in the past with ideas of racial purity .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    A family that doesn't undo a 1000+ year old culture overnight doesn't care about each other?

This is why people think Americans are full of it. They lack the ability to perceive.
    if a family can't accept a member's choices, they don't truly care.

i'm half-italian and a mix of a bunch of other shit. i kinda would like to cling to that glorious roman ancestry from my italian side. i would like to see america as the roman empire of today. but(if i were to have kids) i'm not going to disown my child if they date someone of a different race. that's fucking pathetic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    So they are racist then?
    Silly you, only white men can be racist!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if a family can't accept a member's choices, they don't truly care.
    This. If appearance and tradition comes before your own child's happiness, you don't care. Well, you might care, just less than about that other bullshit.
    "It's okay, honey, we want you to be happy. As long as it's on our terms." Fuck that.

If you don't look attractive then you won't have much success here. xD No you will not be swarmed but I prefer to be with people from america, australia or european countries because they treat me better than local men.

- - - Updated - - -

My parents don't care about me dating americans, europeans or australians. They are happy with them if I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    If you don't look attractive then you won't have much success here. xD No you will not be swarmed but I prefer to be with people from america, australia or european countries because they treat me better than local men.
    This seems like a more logical explanation for "being swarmed" by women than simply being a novelty as a foreigner. And thankfully for most people, it's not simply a superficial thing like appearances to base a relationship on. Looks are important, sure, but it's not everything. If the OP is going to go to another country to find a relationship, he'd be better off basing it on something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunna View Post
    Being a white guy in an asian country like korea, japan, thailand, china or vietnam means you will have women swarming all over you because they like white guys?

Would it be worth the cost to go to these countries if you're looking for a woman instead of going for locals in your own country?(Im russian btw and I really don't like the women here not looks or attitudes)
    I thought race threads were not allowed here?

I refuse to address the racial component. But as an American, I have always found my accent to do quite well in Europe. But I can't speak for rest of the world, nor can I speak their languages, which I think will be the flaw in your grand plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    I prefer to be with people from america, australia or european countries because they treat me better than local men.
    Could you elaborate on this, a bit?
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.