Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    Why is it that whenever Blizzard decides to add new races to the game Death Knights are never considered?

Believe me, I understand the whole "It's about the Lore" arguments but look at it from our point of view. These races are being marketed and promoted as "new content" as part of the new expansion, so what we're essentially being told is go ahead and enjoy them...that is unless of course you play Death knights or Demon Hunters then screw you. What about Pandaren, this race has been exposed to the other continents and death knights for years now and we still can't roll Pandaraen Death Knights?

Come on Blizzard work with us here, can we just let players enjoy all the new content and not be restricted because of the class I play? Just let me roll a Void Elf Death Knight for goodness sake!

I'm not saying every class should be able to be every race in the game, but there are certainly clear and valid arguments to be made for allowing Death Knights to be Void Elves, Highmountain Tauren and Pandaren; you can even find these NPCS in the game. We've been raising new Death knights the entire time in Legion and Bolvar could very well make new ones as well if he wanted.
    vanilla=no death knights
    bc= no deathknights
    wotlk= EVERY SINGLE RACE
    cata= goblin and worgen, still ALL RACES
    mop= pandaren... ok 1 race that cant be dks
    wod= no races
    legion= demon hunters who can only be 2 races
    BFA 6 allied races= 1 of them can be death knights...

so what you saying is because 5 of the now 19 races cant be death knights well most other classes can only be played by 8 of the races, well demon hunters can literally only be played by 2 races
    is dk's being "shafted"
    ok nice thread, good job bro, good job.

void elves are a brand new thing therefore none around to become dks
    pandaren were so rare, only like 1 was made
    zandalari trolls again so rare, nor would they have joined the horde, we would have killed them back in icecrown.
    lightforged are light forged, they are literally made, they cant be dks, the light would never make a dk lightforged.
    nightborne cant have been, cause well they wouldent be nightborne if they were outside the bubble.
    dark iron are gunna be dks as they did exist back then.
    highmountain tauren, again such small numbers it wouldent be noticeable, or in big enough numbers to dictate "playable"

again i dont see why your complaining that, all the vanilla and BC races could be DK's then of the 3 races they added 2 of them were death knights, then upcoming we have another 6 allied races and 5 of them cant be DK's as they didnt exist/wouldent be in big enough numbers, to become dks
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-02-02 at 12:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Hm, those nightborne surely could benefit the horde.. oh i know!! i'll resurrect their dead ones and turn them into hideous abominations, they'll surely love that
    i mean slyvanas is there war cheif they must know what there signing up for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    Heritage Armor. It's literally the only reason Allied Races can't be either hero class.
    That doesn't make sense. If that was the case - as you claim - they'd simply make DK and DH non-eligible for Heritage armor.

The real reason for DK is that our DKs were raised by Arthas. They've got lucky and had their link with the LK severed during the assault on Light's Hope. Any new DK made beyond this are still DKs under the will of the Bolvar's Lich King, IE not under their own free will. Since it seems that Blizzard still has a story in store with the whole Lich King thing, I'd say the lore reasons are quite strong.

For DHs, well good luck forming new DHs now that the Legion has been vanquished and that Illidan is now jailed ad-infinitum with his best bud Sargy. Because of its nature, only Elves can go through it... and well, I'm not sure a "Void" elf would genuinely be able to control both the again, totally dead Legion required for the transformation and the Void in his own self.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Hm, those nightborne surely could benefit the horde.. oh i know!! i'll resurrect their dead ones and turn them into hideous abominations, they'll surely love that
    ... Please, do!

I'd love to see what a Nightborne DK would look like. :>

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I could see dark irons as dk's but not any other announced races.
    If they did Dark Iron Dwarves I would see Zandalari Trolls as well since they were around the time of creation and out in the world (primarily around ZG).

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Void Elves literally didn't exist at the time the player generation of DK's were made, sorry
    Neither were worgen or Goblin. In fact in game Lore states that Worgen were immune to it.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    Neither were worgen or Goblin. In fact in game Lore states that Worgen were immune to it.
    You do know goblin exists since the time of the first war right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure he meant Void Elves in the lore literally did not exist then, whereas Worgen and Goblins existed quite a long time before that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Worgen are immune true but back before Cata the Lich King was still around and he was more then powerful enough to raise Worgen into Undeath.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

SUFFER WELL.

I didn’t think DKs were supposed to cry.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    And Tauren can't be mages/rogue, and Orcs can't be priest, so be it since 2004.

Fact is, Tauren didn't even have a cloth class until Cataclysm. (almost 5 years).

As far as we know of those 4 pre-order races, no Alliance allied race so far can be druid, Horde allied race can't be Paladins. So are they shafted? no.

Death knights are for one a little different on their starter levels + Dark Iron wasn't out of the question, yet.

But anyway this feels more of a "I play X class but can't play as X race" (insert combination here).
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-02 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Void Elves literally didn't exist at the time the player generation of DK's were made, sorry
    Kind of not true though, Void Elves are just former Blood Elves. One could say a BE DK from joined That Magistrar that led the VE, and boom, got transformed with the rest of them. That is if being dead doesn’t affect the process.

But I kind of agree, Blizz should do a really simplied DK and even DH starting zone for future races to be those classes. Similar to the Allied Races scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    Why is it that whenever Blizzard decides to add new races to the game Death Knights are never considered?
    Out of the nine new races Blizzard added through the years, nearly half of them can be death knights. Goblins, worgen, draenei and blood elves can be death knights. Goblins and worgen were even added after the Wrath of the Lich King expansion.

What about Pandaren, this race has been exposed to the other continents and death knights for years now and we still can't roll Pandaraen Death Knights?
    Pandaren only started 'cruising' the main continents (Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms) after the Lich King created and then betrayed the Knights of the Ebon Blade. They only left the Wandering Isle when the Alliance and Horde crashed into their giant turtle. And the pandaren of Pandaria did not leave their continent until the mists faded, which happened during Mop. The DK starting zone is, just like the goblin's and worgen's, time-locked. Lightforged draenei and void elves simply did not exist in Azeroth during WotLK. Highmountain tauren and Nightborne were kept recluse in their own settlements. I assume Zandalari and Dark Iron dwarves might be able to become DKs, though.

I'm not saying every class should be able to be every race in the game, but there are certainly clear and valid arguments to be made for allowing Death Knights to be Void Elves, Highmountain Tauren and Pandaren; you can even find these NPCS in the game.
    Nope for void elves (didn't exist prior to Legion), nope for Highmountain tauren (recluse in their own mountain), and nope for Pandaren (recluse in Wandering Isle and Pandaria)

We've been raising new Death knights the entire time in Legion and Bolvar could very well make new ones as well if he wanted.
    That would mean creating a whole new starting zone and experience for those extra classes, considering it's the original Lich King (Arthas) that raises the player DKs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Horde paladins got the shaft more than anyone. Already have the fewest racial choice of any class and still didn't get access to a single sub-race.
    I don't normally do this but...

Wah. Boo hoo.

This doesn't pass the "so what?" test. Yes. You get only two races that can be Paladin... but you get more races that can be Shaman currently, and now more with Allied races. We got another Paladin race on Alliance side, sure. But it's basically just Draenei 2.0.

Tell you what. Show me which race is getting added with Druid and Shaman on the Alliance side. you can't because they decided racial lore made more sense than balance of classes. You are getting TWO new races that can be druid with new forms. And most likely Zandalari will be able to be shaman as well as Highmountain. It's POSSIBLE that dark iron MAY get Shaman... but I sincerely doubt it, given the history of their race and having been subservent to Ragnaros for so long as to be cut off from other elements.

So stop. No more whining.

Now... with that said: Breathe. Don't stress. You'll most likely eventually get another Paladin race at some point.

Uh, could be worse, like by a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by rrp.nikolai View Post
    Yeah, this. So the starting zone for DKs is for some reason a sacred part of our lore? Last time I checked you can just play through it, ignore it, and roleplay whatever you want.
    I just raised 4 Horsemen and they're Death Knights... so do they have to pretend they went through our sacred and amazingly important leveling experience, or do they just get to exist?

Lorewise, Death Knights can and do exist outside the specific few raised during the starting experience.
    No, you merely channeled Bolvar’s power to raisemthe Four Horsemen. There isnt anything in canon saying that the Ebon Blade can raise more DKs.

Death Knights of the allied races make sense for all of them except for Void Elves. To say that they took in the void and then were risen from the dead is fucking ridiculous. No amount of lore will fix that.

This is why I'm not a fan of the Void Elves, because having them be transformed based on race and not class leaves open too many holes.

Worgen are immune to the Scourge Plague of Undeath (that creates the weak Scourge and Forsaken)< DKs are substantially more powerful and were personally raised by the Lich King directly to Undeath (or, in some cases, proxies directly channeling his power, like some of the more powerful Liches).

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dark Iron DK, and Zandalari Paladins, would make sense & lore supported.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    That doesn't make sense. If that was the case - as you claim - they'd simply make DK and DH non-eligible for Heritage armor.

The real reason for DK is that our DKs were raised by Arthas. They've got lucky and had their link with the LK severed during the assault on Light's Hope. Any new DK made beyond this are still DKs under the will of the Bolvar's Lich King, IE not under their own free will. Since it seems that Blizzard still has a story in store with the whole Lich King thing, I'd say the lore reasons are quite strong.

For DHs, well good luck forming new DHs now that the Legion has been vanquished and that Illidan is now jailed ad-infinitum with his best bud Sargy. Because of its nature, only Elves can go through it... and well, I'm not sure a "Void" elf would genuinely be able to control both the again, totally dead Legion required for the transformation and the Void in his own self.
    Ever do the DK Order Hall campaign? Because you spend your time raising other Death knights, so there's no excuse for not having Allied Race DKs, outside the gameplay limitation of Heritage Armor and not wanting to have to specifically exclude a class simply because it starts higher level, and can't start them lower because they were never desinged for it. As for Demon hunter, they could come up with an excuse that would allow the other main DH NPCs to teach those to become DHs, though there is little reason to do that with the threat of Demons being greatly reduced.