Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Health food shop under fire for naming meal 'thigh gap'

A health food shop has been criticised for adding to an unhealthy dieting and 'body-shaming' culture by naming one of its meals 'thigh gap'.

A 'thigh gap' is a term for when people, usually women, have thighs which don't touch when they are stood with their legs together.

Protein Haus UK was widely criticised on social media for the 210 calorie, low-carb meal.

Amy Churchman tweeted: "Erm @ProteinHausUK you should be ashamed of yourself. Thigh Gap?? Didn’t we leave this in 2016? Everyone pls RT, we shouldn’t be putting up with this."

Another replied: "Thigh gap? Really?! Come on @ProteinHausUK, you are supposed to be about strength and empowering goals. Not encouraging ridiculous aesthetic standards."

And another said: "Diet Food' & 'Thigh Gap' all on the one very, very, very, very sad looking box of sadness to play on peoples' insecurities. Christ this needs stop! More like brain gap going on here I feel..."

Protein Haus has put out an unrepentant statement, indicating it will stay on shelves, and pointed out other meals are called "g spot" and "look good naked".

The company said: "The controversy over the name of this meal was intentional to create debate - let’s meet up and talk, I will be hosting a number of talks over summer addressing why you shouldn’t be ashamed to say you are following a diet or want to lose weight, the amount of people that are embarrassed to admit this is crazy!

"Gain muscle, increase athletic performance, juice fast. We are here to serve. Our meals are all yummy, hand made and fresh, what is more positive than that! Wait till they see the other labels “look good naked” “g-spot”.

"I do have names like Einstein also for the more sensible type, If you meet me, you’d get it

"Eating disorders are serious mental illnesses with complex causes. The messages of not eating calories promoted by the food industry are unlikely to be the sole and direct cause of an eating disorder, but they may exacerbate the problem or be a contributing factor for someone who is vulnerable to developing one or is already ill. It is important that everyone has a balanced and healthy diet that contains the right amount of calories.

"If someone has become obsessive about what they’re eating or appears to be going to extremes in order to lose weight, it could be a sign that they are developing or have developed an eating disorder.

"It’s important in that case that they seek treatment as soon as possible, as this will give them the best chance of recovery. Anyone worried about themselves or someone they know should seek advice from a doctor at the earliest opportunity."
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018...eal-thigh-gap/

Seems like overkill eh? We can't just be getting offended by anything. Plus a lot of people have lost weight to get a thigh gap and have become healthier as a result.

10+ Year Old Account
    triggered fatties QQ
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

People need to get the fuck over themselves. There's nothing wrong with this name.

We should also ban terms like "fat free"

I personally refuse to surround myself with women that are so self obsessed with their 'thigh gap' they have to literally run their life into the ground.

I remain convinced that the health craze is a very shallow way for 'healthy' people showcase their self-alleged superiority, like the rest of the world honestly gives a flying fuck.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is it wrong that laughed at this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    triggered fatties QQ
    I mean, to be honest the only reason you call them fatties is because seeing fat people triggers you.

Seriously, the only reason 'healthy' people go in on fat people is because they are so shallow they get triggered by it.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

no one told those fat fucks to eat so much to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    I mean, to be honest the only reason you call them fatties is because seeing fat people triggers you.

Seriously, the only reason 'healthy' people go in on fat people is because they are so shallow they get triggered by it.
    Fatty detected.

10+ Year Old Account
    /facepalm really? Are you fucking serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account

Lol, I don't notice fat people at all unless they're either in my way blocking a path, I can smell them, or they start bitching about something that has nothing to do with them but they perceive it to be so due to their insecurity. Nice mental gymnastics, though. "Nuh uh! You're triggered cuz you can't deal with my luscious curves!"

Also, inb4 this thread gets locked and I get banned due to not coddling the body positivity (butterball) crowd.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2018-02-02 at 02:57 AM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, lol... This generation is nothing but a bunch of overly sensitive hipsters that just love arguing for the sake of arguing.. If they aren't overly sensitive, they're too entitled. Funny coincidence too - they're most often libtards sporting problem glasses and died hair.

Cry me a fucking river!

Fat people are lazy, they're slow, and they make me sad to look at.
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2018-02-02 at 02:55 AM.

Triggers me right into a gym.

Or because fat people are a drain on the healthcare system and society in general. Being fat is a disability of your own making.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally refuse to surround myself with women that are so self obsessed with their 'thigh gap' they have to literally run their life into the ground.

I remain convinced that the health craze is a very shallow way for 'healthy' people showcase their self-alleged superiority, like the rest of the world honestly gives a flying fuck.
    So you surround yourself with overweight women? A lot of the women who hit the gym care about their figure..

10+ Year Old Account
    @Tennis, we have to stop spreading this fake news. You and I know that fat people dont go to health shops. No fat people at the health shop means no fat people knew about the meal in the first place. The story is a fabrication by the FNM (Fat News Media) to shame thin healthy people.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Fatty detected.
    The triggering is real.

Grow up kid, next time try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    So you surround yourself with overweight women? A lot of the women who hit the gym care about their figure..
    No, I surround myself with women that are confident in their bodies and their shape, without going out of their way to completely and utterly control themselves or be controlled by others when it comes to their food consumption or work out regiment. I personally cannot stand someone so self absorbed their figure is something they spend more time on than their relationships, their professional life or even sleeping.

And 'overweight' medically speaking is an asinine expectation for anyone, because genetics and environmental factors exists.
    It's like expecting poor people to be rich because you can be self sufficient, why can't they? Oh gee, maybe because other factors exist outside the realm of black and white.

According to this article aspiring to a “thigh gap” is bad. It is mostly written with college age females in mind.
    https://www.hercampus.com/health/men...-gap-obsession

Another one that takes more of a scientific and fitness approach.
    https://www.fitnessblender.com/artic...et-a-thigh-gap

Peace

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    According to this article aspiring to a “thigh gap” is bad. It is mostly written with college age females in mind.
    https://www.hercampus.com/health/men...-gap-obsession

Another one that takes more of a scientific and fitness approach.
    https://www.fitnessblender.com/artic...et-a-thigh-gap

Peace
    Is hercampus a legit site?