Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    Ever do the DK Order Hall campaign? Because you spend your time raising other Death knights, so there's no excuse for not having Allied Race DKs, outside the gameplay limitation of Heritage Armor and not wanting to have to specifically exclude a class simply because it starts higher level, and can't start them lower because they were never desinged for it. As for Demon hunter, they could come up with an excuse that would allow the other main DH NPCs to teach those to become DHs, though there is little reason to do that with the threat of Demons being greatly reduced.
    You're missing the point. You're a DK with free will. The DKs your raise do not.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Worgen DK's are Gilnean Humans from Pyrewood Village in Silverpine Forest.

Genn states that the wall separated some of Lord Crowley's land from Gilneas (which is why Crowley was leading a rebellion against Genn).

And the Worgen the player DK kills in the "Special Surprise" quest states you were both servants of Arugal in Silverpine and to "remember Gilneas, our beloved home".
    And since the only settlements close to the wall are Pyrewood Village, Ambermill, and Shadowfang Keep, it's safe to say that player Worgen DK's are actually Gilnean.
    Last edited by Jawless Jones; 2018-02-02 at 01:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    Why is it that whenever Blizzard decides to add new races to the game Death Knights are never considered?

Believe me, I understand the whole "It's about the Lore" arguments but look at it from our point of view. These races are being marketed and promoted as "new content" as part of the new expansion, so what we're essentially being told is go ahead and enjoy them...that is unless of course you play Death knights or Demon Hunters then screw you. What about Pandaren, this race has been exposed to the other continents and death knights for years now and we still can't roll Pandaraen Death Knights?

Come on Blizzard work with us here, can we just let players enjoy all the new content and not be restricted because of the class I play? Just let me roll a Void Elf Death Knight for goodness sake!

I'm not saying every class should be able to be every race in the game, but there are certainly clear and valid arguments to be made for allowing Death Knights to be Void Elves, Highmountain Tauren and Pandaren; you can even find these NPCS in the game. We've been raising new Death knights the entire time in Legion and Bolvar could very well make new ones as well if he wanted.
    They did say later down road both hero classes eventually will be able to be an allied race so hang in there it'll happen.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by rrp.nikolai View Post
    Death Knights can raise more Death Knights. Problem solved, just gotta kill a couple of these fancy purple elves.
    Lets do this thing, but we need to kill some Zandalari, LF Dran, HM Tauren, DI Dwarfs, and some nightborne also

I would love if VE could become DKs. Problem is blizz would either have to remake the DK starting experience OR pull the "well VE where there the whole time" just like when worgens and goblins could become DKs, or perhaps there was secret enclave of VE that the Lich king took in etc...

And to be honest I don't see blizz taking the time or effort to redo the DK starting zone and option 2 of "VE where always there, they where just hidden well" sounds incredibly lazy.

No reason for any of the 4 new races to be Death Knights at this time. But, seeing how during the class hall quest you literally create new Death Knights and there IS a Lich King, I could see some of them down the road. Do not see any reason why Dark Iron or Zandalari couldn't be. While they are at it, give me Undead Paladins. Call them Dark or Void Paladins and use Paladin spells powered by the void

Doesn't matter, we have Umbilicus Eternus.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Death Knights can raise more Death Knights. Problem solved, just gotta kill a couple of these fancy purple elves.
    Pretty much true, personally I don't really care, but lore wise and even from what we've seen with the DK Order Hall Campaign is it doesn't really seem there's anything stopping anyone from making more DKs.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Horde paladins got the shaft more than anyone. Already have the fewest racial choice of any class and still didn't get access to a single sub-race.
    Alliance Druids would like to have a chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    You're missing the point. You're a DK with free will. The DKs your raise do not.
    Eh yes they do.... They even give them a choice to join or go back to the grave.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Void Elves literally didn't exist at the time the player generation of DK's were made, sorry
    You do realize Void Elves are Blood Elves and High elves that attempt to control the void right? Literally any class a blood elf can be should be available to void elves. Do you really think a demon hunter or death knight blood elf wouldn't have went with Magister Umbric to attempt to gain more power to help people? The only reason they cant be demon hunters and death knights is because Horde would bitch plus its prob the only allied race that could ever realistically be a death knight lorewise, unless they make a void version of some of the other races or Bolvar starts killing and rezing people as death knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Because they're new races that weren't around when the Lich King was? Very few Pandaren...Nightborne were behind their shield...Highmoutain still on their mountain... [...] Only viable options I would say would be Dark Irons and Zandalari...be even they could be considered a stretch.
    Pandaren wanderer corpses, Nightborne corpses from those who went to pick up the dinos, and Highmountain from the War of the Ancients would all be proper corpse fodder for the Scourge War machine. Same goes for Dark Iron explorers, and Zandalari ambassadors or scouts. Most of these races have corpses on Azeroth longer than Orcs have been on Azeroth - it would be impossible for aspiring necromancers and liches to not display these finds to the Lich King, if he weren't aware of them due to his substantial power anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Void Elves literally didn't exist at the time the player generation of DK's were made, sorry
    the character you create as a void elf definitely was alive during the scourge invasion so its not unrealistic that they became a death knight and still went to pursue void magic

afaik Player DKS cannot create new Death Knights. Only the Lich King has this kind of power. In the Legion campaign the Player was sent out by Bolvar. He decided who to raise and when.

Sure, Bolvar COULD start to simply raise new DKs. But why would he do so? Especially, why would he do so just to send them off into Horde/alliance service? There would need to be a completely new Lich King themed story (on expansion scale level) to explain that. And it's fairly possible this will happen at some point.

Believe me, I understand the whole "It's about the Lore" arguments but look at it from our point of view...
    Looks like you do not understand at all. Right there in your second line. Makes your argument pretty tenuous at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Unbreakable View Post
    It will likely never happen until they create a new starting zone
    This.

In addition to the lore reasons, DKs start at 55 and Allied Races start at 20. That's an immediate conflict in the game that developers would need to solve. To spend that time and create a whole new optional starting experience for DKs (and DHs) in order to break lore isn't going to be time well spent, and they're not going to lower the "level 20-110" requirement for certain classes. Everybody would be doing it.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Blizzard is just lazy and doesn’t want to deal with the additinal work of DK/DH features on the new elves. They would have to make decayed faces and burning eyes and different color metas for void elves and nightborn, and Blizzard has always been a cheapass lazy company when it comes to art assets.

10+ Year Old Account
    except the startin zone plays in wotlk time
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    This.

In addition to the lore reasons, DKs start at 55 and Allied Races start at 20. That's an immediate conflict in the game that developers would need to solve. To spend that time and create a whole new optional starting experience for DKs (and DHs) in order to break lore isn't going to be time well spent, and they're not going to lower the "level 20-110" requirement for certain classes. Everybody would be doing it.
    I don't understand this at all. Why couldn't an allied race just start at 55? Hows it that any different than using a character boost on them...why do they HAVE to start at 20, just cuz blizzard said so?
    Last edited by LCDArcade; 2018-02-02 at 04:28 AM.

I don't understand this at all. Why couldn't an allied race just start at 55? Hows it that any different than using a character boost on them...why do they HAVE to start at 0, just cuz blizzard said so?
    they start at 20 tho