Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The music you linked is from Zul'Aman. Amani use this kind of tunes and instruments. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdjOfLXyGHc) it also appeared in Drakkari dungeons.

Gurubashi music : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhzd-aj2jdQ it used similar instruments, but they have more wicked theme to it.

Darkspear has nice variation of it, sadly it was not used anymore outside of Zalazane's fall event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae0zu3Vmb2w

The part that begins at 2:05 is criminally unused, and which would nicely shown the terrifying and powerful side of this tribe, as they train shadowhunters. And I believe that theme shows that in beautiful way.

But back to Zandalaris. Their first theme was delivered in path 5.2. :
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    This is the first time we actually get to hear Zandalari-specific music. What the OP linked is older Amani/Gurubashi music.
    You're right about that, sorry for the mistake. Still troll music is troll music. I get that there should be differences, but I'd at least expect some sort of musical similarity that groups them into the troll category.

One could say that ToT is the first time we heard zandalari music, but that soundtrack is not very memorable.
    Last edited by Beastnar; 2018-02-01 at 10:39 PM.

It's also more of a blend between the various trolls and the Mogu.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The new Zandalari music is brilliant and amazing!

The Amani music is not that nice.. it's decent.

The Gurubashi music is really nice, gets the jungle troll feelin', mon!

The Zalazane's fall music is cool at first, but it gets too much. The only reason it is so intense is because it was a war at the isles. So that
    is fair enough. All in all, it is not so epic, the gnomeregan retaking on the other hand...

The Thunder King music, is made by having both the trolls and the mogu in mind, so it will sound kinda like some other music than the rest of the troll music. I still get a little Zandalari feeling that reminds me of the new Zandalari music from it though.

The reason that the Zandalari gets another variant of music, is because they are a proud, still highstanding tribe with a huge empire. The other trolls are broken tribes and many of them live just in ruins of what once were. Therefore they get music with more drums and so on, while Zandalari have the epic, fresh feelin' of troll music, mon.
    Last edited by Magicon; 2018-02-02 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Darkspear has nice variation of it, sadly it was not used anymore outside of Zalazane's fall event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae0zu3Vmb2w
    It was actually used again in the Thunder King's Vault, for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    The reason that the Zandalari gets another variant of music, is because they are a proud, still highstanding tribe with a huge empire. The other trolls are broken tribes and many of them live just in ruins of what once were. Therefore they get music with more drums and so on, while Zandalari have the epic, fresh feelin' of troll music, mon.
    The music lacks a sense of danger and a threat, which is what the zandalari are known for, they're warmongerers and conquerors. This new music is more fitting for something along the lines of "the new llama race".

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    It was actually used again in the Thunder King's Vault, for some reason.
    I meant part that begins at 2:06. Because the beginning ot this piece also appears in brawlers club each time encounter begins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beastnar View Post
    The music lacks a sense of danger and a threat, which is what the zandalari are known for, they're warmongerers and conquerors. This new music is more fitting for something along the lines of "the new llama race".
    Zandalari aren't warmongrels - they're scholars. Only Zul's followers went on conquest part. And for "threatening music" they can use the one from isle of thunder which I linked.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2018-02-02 at 03:14 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Beastnar View Post
    Out of all troll factions, Zandalari are the least warlike. Besides, this is the music for their home city, were you're visiting them as an ally, while the other musics played when you were fighting trolls.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hear Panflutes. I demand a Guinea Pig Mount.

The only times we saw the Zandalari as dangerous enemies was during Cataclysm and MoP, under the guidance of Zul. The majority of Zandalari did not follow him, it seems. Before Cata, they were friendly quest givers in Zul'Drak, and a friendly faction for Zul'Gurub gear.

What you seem to be confused about, OP, is that the Zandalari are not the types to live in broken ruins, stalking in trees, or use simple wooden tools/weapons. They are proud warriors, scholars, priests, and sailors. Their history is mostly studying whatever they can, guiding the other trolls when needed, and recording the history of all trolls. They live in a city gilded in gold. They lay their rulers to rest in a tomb made of gold. Their ships look as if they're mode of gold. Their priestesses are made of gold. No other troll society is shown to have that kind of culture.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with how the other trolls live - it's an awesome theme and it fits them to have less advanced societies. But the Zandalari are the most ancient, the most holy, and the most advanced. With real-life influence, of course their music is going to sound pre-Columbian - they're based off of Aztec, Mayan, and Olmec cultures pretty much entirely. This has been the case since MoP, when their designs were updated.

So, you're free to dislike it, but it's factually wrong to say that it doesn't fit their aesthetic, when their culture was built from a couple specific real-world cultures (more than any other sub-race of trolls). They were made to be different than every other troll culture.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    No, the city of gold music is just awesome.

Deleted
    I sadly must disagree with you OP but I find them going the right path with the new Zandalari music due to their overall culture.

The Zandalari is the elite of the trolls, the most ancient and powerful of the kingdoms and this new music give them that higher feeling while the Amani and Gurubashi music gives the more tribal and brutal feel.

The Zandalari is the elite, the nobles of the troll race and the new music represent that good.

I disagree wholeheartedly.
    The grand city of gold music is definitely the single best music score I've ever heard in this game and in my opinion hits the thematic fantasy of an advanced troll society spot on.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Deleted
    It's only one track. There will probably be plenty of variations of Troll-music. As others have said; Zuldazar is not a ruin, neither is it "just" a city.

Deleted
    I dislike most of the troll music in the game... the Zandalar music however is absolutely amazing. Am now considering making a troll, the Aztec theme is fantastic <3

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    I think the complaint is valid in this case. Though the new music is very good, it's not the same kind of troll music we've seen in other expansions and patches.
    And that is valid why? They are not the same trolls we had in other patches and expansions. At least it gives them their own identity. The complaint is not valid at all.
    If he wanted to complain about the theme, could also be done in different way.

Quote Originally Posted by LiPiNo View Post
    And that is valid why? They are not the same trolls we had in other patches and expansions. At least it gives them their own identity. The complaint is not valid at all.
    If he wanted to complain about the theme, could also be done in different way.
    As I said, it's very different from the troll music we know. They already had a musical identity, a very well defined style, and Blizzard went away from that with the Zandalari. I like it, but he's allowed not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    So, you're free to dislike it, but it's factually wrong to say that it doesn't fit their aesthetic, when their culture was built from a couple specific real-world cultures (more than any other sub-race of trolls). They were made to be different than every other troll culture.
    You're absolutely right. I've come to realise through this post that I've to a certain degree mistaken them for amani and gurubashi trolls. Hopefully either one of them will be added as an allied race in the future.

I think it is the best music I've heard when it comes to BfA. Some of the Horde music gives off a dwarven vibe though.

The soundtrack you linked is amazing though and I do agree that they've kind of steered away it. I can understand why you'd be disappointed.

Your taste in what is true Zandalar music OP is soooo wrong i want to headdesk.