5+ Year Old Account

110 Boost and Secondary Professions

Hi all,

Was just wondering - it said that if I boost a lvl 60+ character, I would get all the professions + first aid boosted to skill of 700.

Does that apply to Archeology and Cooking and Fishing as well?

Thanks in advance for the replies!

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/boosted-character-guide

WoWhead only seems to mention First Aid 700.

Quote Originally Posted by growth hacker View Post
    Hi all,

Was just wondering - it said that if I boost a lvl 60+ character, I would get all the professions + first aid boosted to skill of 700.

Does that apply to Archeology and Cooking and Fishing as well?

Thanks in advance for the replies!
    The professions on a TRIAL character will NOT give you professions. I just had a SCREAM fest with Customer Support about how MISLEADING this was and how it's not fair to rob people of professions during character boosts. That's why it's a boost. Not just level, but to make you a viable player. I was feeling very robbed and cheated about this entire fact. They take 60$ or they take your 50$ for BFA Expansion and they then rob you of any chance of having professions when you're paying good money for it. (FYI: I bought the Digital Deluxe Edition BFA)

This was the response from Customer Service:

"Specifically: Characters below level 60 and characters created with the Level 100 Class Trial will not receive a profession boost.

I do appreciate you asking about how boosts work with Demon Hunters, as that doesn't seem to be called out in the link. Boosts are not able to be applied to DH, either for level 100 or 110. I've sent a note to the developers to get that added to the website to help clear up any confusion players may have if they want to boost that class.

Despite this undesired news, I hope I explained the situation clearly and from a knowledgeable perspective. Thank you for your time and understanding about this matter. Take care out there friend!"

nice to know

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin Monkey View Post
    The professions on a TRIAL character will NOT give you professions. I just had a SCREAM fest with Customer Support about how MISLEADING this was and how it's not fair to rob people of professions during character boosts. That's why it's a boost. Not just level, but to make you a viable player. I was feeling very robbed and cheated about this entire fact. They take 60$ or they take your 50$ for BFA Expansion and they then rob you of any chance of having professions when you're paying good money for it. (FYI: I bought the Digital Deluxe Edition BFA)

This was the response from Customer Service:

"Specifically: Characters below level 60 and characters created with the Level 100 Class Trial will not receive a profession boost.

I do appreciate you asking about how boosts work with Demon Hunters, as that doesn't seem to be called out in the link. Boosts are not able to be applied to DH, either for level 100 or 110. I've sent a note to the developers to get that added to the website to help clear up any confusion players may have if they want to boost that class.

Despite this undesired news, I hope I explained the situation clearly and from a knowledgeable perspective. Thank you for your time and understanding about this matter. Take care out there friend!"
    Lol weeb
    /10chars

5+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the reply guys. Later I saw the Wowhead post, but wan't around at the time of posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin Monkey View Post
    The professions on a TRIAL character will NOT give you professions. I just had a SCREAM fest with Customer Support about how MISLEADING this was and how it's not fair to rob people of professions during character boosts.
    If you've never done a boost before - or used any kind of Blizzard service like a transfer etc - the first thing you should do is read the conditions/rules about it. It's not the CS person's fault you didn't look into it. I've known about this ever since boosts existed, but only because I decided to look at the FAQ before using it.

Deleted
    I just checked my hunter that i boosted from 61 to 100 a few month ago. I got the two primary professions and first aid, but NO cooking, NOfishing and NO archeology!

Deleted
    A little addition why boosting a trial charakter is better than boosting a level 1. A trial char gets the rank 3 garrison and all rank 2 recipes for the buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by MyPerfection17 View Post
    A little addition why boosting a trial charakter is better than boosting a level 1. A trial char gets the rank 3 garrison and all rank 2 recipes for the buildings.
    You get an instant level 25 pet battle token.