Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    Let me get this straight, you area against firing people who are abusing their power for political motivation?
    So you're saying you're for firing Trump too then, since he'd be doing just that. Wow, you should see a doctor then 'cause it looks like you caught Trump Derangement Syndrome too.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    So you're saying you're for firing Trump too then, since he'd be doing just that. Wow, you should see a doctor then 'cause it looks like you caught Trump Derangement Syndrome too.
    You are comparing a political position to a non political position? Is that the best argument you got? (:

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me get this straight, you area against firing people who are abusing their power for political motivation?
    As much as you are.

Wake me up when you advocate the people in the WH that have abused their position for personal gain.
    Here's a hint, its all of them.

Also, that's a pretty pathetic strawman. Or, well, straw stick figure.

You are comparing a political position to a non political position? Is that the best argument you got? (:
    So again, you're saying you're okay with every politician, including Trump, doing that same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    http://www.businessinsider.com/paul-...release-2018-1

Republicans have hit rock bottom and now they're using blasting charges.
    The story is behind a pay/ad block wall. Most posters cut and paste the article, FYI.

Paul Ryan is correct. FBI brass needs to be replaced by non-partisans. I think we also need to realize our oversight of them is CLEARLY lacking. Independence to act is one thing, independence free of adequate review is another thing entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    As much as you are.

Wake me up when you advocate the people in the WH that have abused their position for personal gain.
    Here's a hint, its all of them.

Also, that's a pretty pathetic strawman. Or, well, straw stick figure.
    What abuses of power are you speaking of, specifically? Or is it rather, you just don't agree with their politics? Making bad decisions is not abuse of power, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we purge Republicans from government instead? It'd do a lot more good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    TBH, I am seeing those guys getting banned way more often than people like Skroe.
    I think the problem is mostly that their disingenuous way to argue is not a bannable offence, but actual insults and flaming are. And those are exactly the reactions those guys want to provoke, while the logical ones usually do not. In either event, I think discussing moderation should be done in the appropriate forum, not here in a specialized thread in the politics subforum.
    Since I am the undisputed, most qualified expert on what gets you banned, allow me to help sort this out.

If you are an annoying D bag all the time, they will just look for something to ban you for, and it will often be complete bullshit. If you are an annoying D bag, who shares their political views (read: leftist) then they will mostly overlook your douche baggery, but not always.

If what you said, was an epic fucking zinger, that causes everyone to spit beverages all over their monitors, you won't get banned for it, no matter how bad it is.

The reality is, they don't have enough moderators, and the mods they have don't have enough time to read it all. Unless a mod is actually reading report complaints when yours comes in, it's unlikely to ever be read at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Since I am the undisputed, most qualified expert on what gets you banned, allow me to help sort this out.

If you are an annoying D bag all the time, they will just look for something to ban you for, and it will often be complete bullshit. If you are an annoying D bag, who shares their political views (read: leftist) then they will mostly overlook your douche baggery, but not always.

If what you said, was an epic fucking zinger, that causes everyone to spit beverages all over their monitors, you won't get banned for it, no matter how bad it is.

The reality is, they don't have enough moderators, and the mods they have don't have enough time to read it all. Unless a mod is actually reading report complaints when yours comes in, it's unlikely to ever be read at all.
    Did you just admit to being an "annoying D bag all the time?"

10+ Year Old Account
    The last thing we need is Congress dictating the FBI. Congress has a hard enough time policing itself and it wants one of the few agencies capable holding Congress to constitutional standards under the Congressional thumb? People are reall shortsighted enough to play into that nonsense.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The last thing we need is Congress dictating the FBI. Congress has a hard enough time policing itself and it wants one of the few agencies capable holding Congress to constitutional standards under the Congressional thumb? People are reall shortsighted enough to play into that nonsense.
    Haha. Dude, do you know anything about politics? You know that Congress is the oversight of the FBI and always has been right? Good lord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Haha. Dude, do you know anything about politics? You know that Congress is the oversight of the FBI and always has been right? Good lord.
    Then why is GOP congress releasing a memo, instead of... you know... doing something about the evils it contains?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    That is the most reasonable explanation for banning Skroe I've found so far.
    Did he get banned again? I just saw him post the other day.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    It's a recurring theme. Dishonest liars get a free pass to preach their alt-right propaganda, to discuss in a destructive ad-hominem matter, while those who go against them with facts, logic, proper reasoning and morals get banned because the alt-right snowflakes are offended.

MMO Champion has as much responsibility as Facebook or Twitter to ensure that it doesn't give a platform to faux-news and alt-truth.
    The only recurring theme with mods here is just all around shitty moderation. It's more in how you say something than what you say.

And no it doesn't have any responsibility you think it does.

Signed a liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Yeah, he's such a butterfingers!

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    He got silenced again. Don't ask me why; MMO-Champ doesn't really support us finding out what offence got him benched.

And since there is no forum dedicated to discussing moderation in general, I'll just state my discontent here with the way intentional disruption of sensible debate is allowed, but calling out disingenious posting by its proper name (you know, the t-word) is struck down promptly.

Why do I get reminded of this...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Purge
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

There isn't any evidence to suggest they are abusing their power for political motivation. Nice try though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Yeah.

I always get a good chuckle when Trumpkins claim that the FBI is doing something illegal or unethical. If they were, they would have had their operations halted and everything brought in front of congress for review.

But they know they have nothing, which is why they're dangling this Nunes memo over everyone's heads and keep delaying its release over and over and over. It gives the kool-aid guzzling Trumpkins ammunition to say that the FBI is the unethical ones (and there's proof, because THE MEMO), meanwhile everyone who isn't totally enthralled just rolls their eyes.

The investigation into Trump would have been halted months ago if there was any real evidence of misconduct from the FBI.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    The story is behind a pay/ad block wall. Most posters cut and paste the article, FYI.

Paul Ryan is correct. FBI brass needs to be replaced by non-partisans. I think we also need to realize our oversight of them is CLEARLY lacking. Independence to act is one thing, independence free of adequate review is another thing entirely.
    Except there's no reason to believe that the FBI has done anything wrong, so really you're just for a waste of time, money, and resources, and trying to protect Trumpy Bear as much as possible.

Most of the major FBI related figures are life long republicans that were appointed by republicans and have always had the full support of republicans in congress. Attacking people like Mueller, Rosenstein etc... shows that someone doesn't care about the USA, the constitution, the rule of law... if you attack them and defend Trump then you only care about power. You only care about protecting your tribe.

Trump and Ryan don't want them to be fair. They want them to be loyal to the party and Trump.