Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Subjective is subjective. I for one think BFA looks even better than Legion so perhaps you should not consider your opinion fact
    There is also objective = the number of players. It decreased a lot and they even had to stop reporting it and then it seems to have continued decreasing significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    Tokens went from 160k to 230k on US servers, and 200-230k in the past few hours. I predict it might hit 300k as people use gold to buy bnet balance to buy the xpac.
    The announcement didn't splash the market as badly as I expected. It's already back below 200k (though rising again), and I was even able to purchase one yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Don't buy BfA yet folks.
    Just FYI, I enjoyed disservicing you. You really think I give two shits about how random internet guy thinks I should spend my money?

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    The announcement didn't splash the market as badly as I expected. It's already back below 200k (though rising again), and I was even able to purchase one yesterday.
    I noticed...I thought a lot of people who buy tokens for cash would have jumped on it more...also the people with millions of gold, I figured wouldn't care about buying them at 230k+...see how it goes when the next wave hits.

My wife and I preordered BFA, including the collector's edition, and here are my thoughts:

We preordered BFA, and we additionally donated an extra $40 bucks to Blizzard for the collector's editions over the standard editions. It was money well spent. I have 2 Highmountain toons, a druid and a shaman, and I am having a blast with what they have done for the new areas. My wife has a Nightborn mage, which she is also enjoying.

It is true that some things could be done better. Examples are: First Aid bandages could heal for quite a bit more, mobs could hit a bit harder, the copper and silver coins could be eliminated and low level items repriced (or least get rid of the copper coins). I would also like to see continual improvement in the story chains, and I would like to see substantial low level rewards for getting Honored and Revered with Orgrimmar, Undercity, etc. So if you get to Honored by level 20, not too hard, you get a nice item or two to make you stronger. Revered would get you an even better reward. There would need to be appropriate rewards every 10 levels or so.

But mostly they have brought back the leveling feeling that I had before super fast leveling became a thing. I am exploring areas in full that I did not before, and revisiting others and remembering why I liked them in the first place. They revamped low level Jewelcrafting, and I am creating items that I can wear that are nice upgrades in kind of a natural way. I hope this continues to be true as I level up!

My wife and I bought two Collector's Edition Pre-Orders, partially to reward Blizzard for entertaining us. This is one of the expenditures I feel the most satisfied with. Thank you Blizzard.

My hardcore wow days are over with wife and work and all but I did and would pre-order anything that has blizzard name on it.
    Tomorrow Blizzard can put a box of shit on their store setting a release date 10 months. I would pre-order it as I know it will be good quality shit.

I say this every xpac, I would preorder the next 10 xpacs if I could. I dont care what they do, Im not gonna stop playing this game. I consider the game free anyways with all the gold I make.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not really. I can take that product home right away, see that it's not in working condition and test it. It's not an imaginary hypothetical product sitting on the wings of imagination that I get to pick up 10 months after I pay for it. That was the main point I was trying to make.
    and you can refund the pre-order, or even refund the expansion shortly after it launches if you dont like it
    friend of mine pre-ordered overwatch day it was announced, i told him it was pvp, he doesent like pvp.
    game comes out months later, day we play it we play 7 matches win, then 8th match lost, he rage quits and blizzard refunds the game for him.

btw i pre-ordered, but then saw this thread and pre-ordered the collectors edition just to spite you.
    cause i rather they get a boost of money now so they see the expansion worth investing in, instead of feeling like less people are buyying it and causing them to think people are gunna hate it, and they better move on quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and you can refund the pre-order, or even refund the expansion shortly after it launches if you dont like it
    friend of mine pre-ordered overwatch day it was announced, i told him it was pvp, he doesent like pvp.
    game comes out months later, day we play it we play 7 matches win, then 8th match lost, he rage quits and blizzard refunds the game for him.

btw i pre-ordered, but then saw this thread and pre-ordered the collectors edition just to spite you.
    cause i rather they get a boost of money now so they see the expansion worth investing in, instead of feeling like less people are buyying it and causing them to think people are gunna hate it, and they better move on quick.
    You're a dork.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You're a dork.
    hey it was only 20$ :P
    i was thinking about it, then i saw this and was like "eh fuck it, this guy doesent get to tell me what to do" so i bought the collectors
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

• Having a majority of their subscriber base say en-masse "No, give us a product first you pricks..." Might actually light a fire under Blizzard's arse towards getting BfA out the door quicker and not taking us for granted.

“A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.” - Shigeru Miyamoto
    I don't know how anyone can think it's a good idea to rush a game.

It'll finally send a message to Blizzard after 5 expansions in a row that 10+ months of sweet fuck-all to do after the last raid tier just isn't good enough for a live game with a subscription model.
    Speak for yourself I've still got alts left to level (I think I've leveled half the available classes through their order hall campaigns and mounts, though I might skip the ones I already spoiled from Nobbel's videos, which is a shame because the DK one I spoiled is frickin' incredible) PvP prestige rewards to get, and hopefully eventually that darn challenge tower appearance before the end of the expansion (SURELY heroic antorus gear will be enough!)

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I don't know how anyone can think it's a good idea to rush a game.
    But it worked out so well with WoD! We cut so many corners some of the warlords like Orgrim barely had an in-game presence, we lost an island, actual garrison customizability and a raid tier!
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-02-02 at 06:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I can already anticipate the replies; "It's my money, I'll can do whatever the hell I want!" or "I want the preorder bonuses". OK, fine, but I just thought I'd throw out a couple of bullet points as to why you should hold your wallet closed for now:

• Digital scarcity isn't real. Multi-billion-dollar corporations don't deserve your money until you have a functional product installable on your hard drive.
    • Having a majority of their subscriber base say en-masse "No, give us a product first you pricks..." Might actually light a fire under Blizzard's arse towards getting BfA out the door quicker and not taking us for granted.
    • It'll finally send a message to Blizzard after 5 expansions in a row that 10+ months of sweet fuck-all to do after the last raid tier just isn't good enough for a live game with a subscription model.

We don't pre-order new films 10 months out. We read the reviews, see the trailers, make an educated decision and hand over our money at the box office on the day we see it. The video game industry has it far too good skating by on promises. In any other industry you work to deliver something before you get paid.

Basically, I'd recommend waiting. We need to restructure the power dynamic between consumers and game publishers. A large element of that is not paying for products until we can actually purchase the product. Don't buy BfA yet folks.
    It’s my money I’ll do what I want with it thank you very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    My lock is now a beautiful Shal'dorei. (Avatar <-----). No regrets. Bought the expansion and a race change.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

So many in this thread with a "Oh Blizzard, PLEASE take my money now!" attitude, very sad to see. Stop acting like a fool and take back your right as a consumer!

Fully agree with OP. But people are stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Your not doing yourself a disservice if you pay before september. You can always cancel and get your money back.

Let me ask you a question. If you go to a store. And buy any packaged/boxed item. Are you not assuming that its in working condition? Doesnt the company already get your money at the register? Dont you have to wait till you get home to see if the product is in working order and no pieces missing? Then dont you have to use it a few times b4 you even know if it was worth buying?

There now your dumb argument has been invalidated.
    Digital Delivery goods fall under a completely different returns policy in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    Oh shut up you petulant child. Blizz puts out a great product and I know I'm going to play BFA regardless. Why wouldn't I get the boost and races early access? Go away.
    Great Product? Damn you have low standards

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I'm already experiencing it right now with a free 110 boost and allied races, as well as a confirmation of a september or sooner release so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    You mean the unfinished allied races with placeholder models and animations? Enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    OP is barking up the wrong Preorder tree. Blizz has never been one of those companies. Plus, in this case, you directly and immediately get stuff out of it. Blizz is not EA and it's an insult to even compare the two.
    "you pay 12 months of subscription to WoW and we'll give you Diablo 3 for Free"
    "You pre-order the expansion now we'll give you a shiny mount and access to Allied Races that will have new models and animations on release of the actual game"
    "If you Pre-order our game you also get cool stuff for our other games"

No they're not EA they are just a version of EA backed by blind followers. At least EA customers call them out on it.

Each to their own though.

Meh, was telling myself i wont reply but i am bored so

You are wrong, this is World of Warcraft, its always the same game and has been for 13 years.

It wont be changed in the next expansion, it wont be anything different.

Its not a new game, its not a 100% cash grabbing company like EA, its the same shit it has been.

Quests-->Collect starter gear to kill big named pixels-->Collect more gear for bigger named pixels-->Bigger named pixels--->Next expansion.

The quality wont change, nothing ever changes gameplay wise.

There isnt anything safer to pre-order than World of Warcraft really, assuming you have a brain about what the game is about and you arent crying on the forums "I DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO" while your main activity is Pokemon in WoW.
    Last edited by potis; 2018-02-02 at 10:39 AM.

I think their motivation is not the 50$ for BfA, but the ongoing subscriptions.

I think, while Subs dropped through the WoD cycle, they got ass kicked by some share holders and thus their executives.